Diablo® III

Are people dumb enough to buy the console version?

Blizzard is charging 60 dollars for a game that came out well over a year ago. I guess if people are stupid enough to buy those cosmetic helms in world of warcraft for 15 dollars then they will probably waste money on the console version of diablo 3.
Reply Quote
While I wont spend real money on bells and whistles, I am not going to call people stupid for spending their money as they see fit.

Why do you even care how someone you will never meet, spends their own money?
Reply Quote
After buying the initial game, i pay absolutely ZERO more dollars for it.. Unless its an expansion, i refuse to buy digital, in game items... this has alwaysbaffled me.. Maybe its because i have a mortgage, and 4 kids, but i cant see paying cash, for a sword, or hat, that is gone when im done with the game... *shrug

Either way, to each his own i say.. If it doesnt affect me directly, i could care less...(though a player with BiS gear, who bought it all, and sucks entirely can ruin a co-op play... Thats about it)
Edited by Rizilliant#1489 on 7/23/2013 7:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I will never buy D3 for Ps3 but I will buy the expansion for the PC.
Reply Quote
Hi there Mr. Troll! You seem bored. Let me entertain you!

Games that came out a year a go cost $60.

Many people don't have a PC or don't play PC games.

Games aren't fun because they're new.

You spent $60 on something you don't own.

Wheeee!
Reply Quote
it was a mistake that Blizzard spent time and resources on releasing the console versions

it was a greater mistake that Blizzard delayed the expansion pack and ignored the established PC user base

D3 is no doubt at it's all time low
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 07:34 AMPosted by GenTsosChikn
OP - Your a moron, worry about yourself....

^

People were 'dumb' enough to buy Mass Effect 2 on the PS3.
Resident Evil 4 on the Wii.
Arkham City on the WiiU.
Dark Souls on the PC.
etc.

It's common for games to come out a year later with a few additions and still be full price.

Keep in mind that this game isn't being marketed towards those who already bought the PC version. It's primarily being sold to those who haven't experienced the game yet.
Reply Quote
Personally I love the idea of D3 for console. I think that for the more main stream players on console. It'll allow a more broad of people enjoy Diablo 3. A different pace from the FPS they're used to.
Reply Quote
It has nothing to do with stupid. If I hadn't taken the plunge on PC, I'd definitely have gotten it on console. My wife prefers if I game in the living room so she can watch or play too.
Reply Quote
Big Screen TV, different experience with the controller, and can play offline. Am I missing anything.
Reply Quote
both consoles have "alot" of hardcore and very skeptic crowd, they will not invest in Diablo 3, they already know the end game and lack of it, and they heard the QQ of the public as a whole, not to mention the bad ratings..reviews..etc.

There is no content, and nothing the console version can do to save it, from the fact that there is little to do.

This game can be beat in 1 day, matter of hours really, and the console crowd already know this, and will just side step this.

Sales will be extremely low, but it's just a port, so any profit is something..I guess.
Reply Quote
They have $60 set aside for gaming. How is using the $60 to buy the console version of Diablo 3 any different than buying cosmetics in WoW or gear in the RMAH? In the end, it's all entertainment.
Reply Quote
Meh ,I wont spend 60 bucks on it but I will give it a a few months and pick it up for under 20 bucks in the GameStop This game really sucks bin.
Reply Quote
The console version would be superior in my mind. PC already worked out most of the glitches, since it was released unfinished and patched heavily before console. No RMAH is a huge feature also. None of these noob Credit card warriors who like to show off their e-peens.
Reply Quote
op is just upset he cant afford the 60$. A common hater
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 07:35 AMPosted by Rizilliant
aybe its because i have a mortgage, and 4 kids, but i cant see paying cash, for a sword, or hat, that is gone when im done with the game... *shrug

not supporting the AH, just wondering; how do you see that in comparison to spending money on an event that is over afterwards, or eating at a restaurant, etc?
Reply Quote
Does anyone realise that diablo was on PS 1? lol
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Agmo
Meh ,I wont spend 60 bucks on it but I will give it a a few months and pick it up for under 20 bucks in the GameStop This game really sucks bin.

That will be a very long few months. I'm pretty sure that D3 on the console will be a keeper to that crowd.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]