Diablo® III

Are people dumb enough to buy the console version?

I was just sayn i kow it cause i owned it and think its funny that people thinking d3 on ps 3 is a whole new thing they came up with. When in fact they have allready been on ps :o)
Reply Quote
I will buy it for the 360! lol
Reply Quote
I own it for playstation 1, mint condition with original cd gew and paperwork, if you want it, its on ebay for 45$.
Reply Quote
it matters on preference.. no one cares about your opinion
Reply Quote
No AH, no forced online(meaning no maintenance, woot!), no necessary patches(just keep your console offline and play local multi). I don't see why people wouldn't get this for PS3/XBOX360. Play with the rule $1/hour and you'll be happy with your purchase.
Reply Quote
Gaming has changed, and we are adapting. We are not in 1999 with offline play" and who local multi's? really, honestly, who in the world is going to join you in this hack and slash that's already dated..no one.

Cloud services, consistent online latter and competition, why would you want to be offline?

If you want a good offline experience, go create something in Unity..

Looking foward to 4000+ hrs to catch up to you're PC account? If you got that much time on your hands, and the patience, then go get bored.
Reply Quote
Bigger demographic really. I haven't bought a console since the first gen PS2, but I know people that buy consoles when they come out. Also some games on the console are exclusively for that machine only and I have seen some games that I wish were on the PC. With consoles becoming more and more like PCs with their ability to go online, have a slick user interface like a browser it is easier for big wig game developers to do both.

Even if you look how some games are designed, like The Secret World, you can use a controller with the game. You can also use a controller for D3. Why is that? It is because unlike D2 where you had a lot of clicking to allocate skills, spells and other things D3 has it to where it is optimized for a controller from the hotbar where you use skills, to how you change skills and to not having to allocate points when you level.

Personally, I feel D3 will either flop, or not do that good on the consoles. Simply because I feel that people that solely use consoles want to buy a cheap thrill that is quick, not long and entertaining (Hi Call of Duty) to them and dont want a grind fest with no point. People that have both will either have one or the other and those dumb enough to have both are just that, dumb. To also add, consoles come pre made with all the knobs, buttons and whistles so worrying about hardware issues isn't an issue as with a PC and you need a good PC to run these next gen games and some people are just too dumb/lazy to realize that and complain that they cant play a 2013 game with their 2008 machine effectively.
Reply Quote
Gaming has changed, and we are adapting. We are not in 1999 with offline play" and who local multi's? really, honestly, who in the world is going to join you in this hack and slash that's already dated..no one.

Cloud services, consistent online latter and competition, why would you want to be offline?

Looking foward to 4000+ hrs to catch up to you're PC account? If you got that much time on your hands, and the patience, then go get bored.

4000 hours? If I got 4000 hours out of a single video game, I'd be happy than a pig in mud. I mentioned offline only due to the mass complaints about Blizzards online services. I realize this will be hosted by PSN/XBL servers, however it's still Blizzard patches. I have zero issues with playing online, and honestly can't wait for the game to be released for PS3. Will be buying it on release day, even having played the PC version through it's worst times.
Reply Quote
There are lots of reasons to buy a game on multiple formats even after some time:

-I bought Disgaea on the PSP even though I had it on the PS2. Some people may want to support a game company they like or to play the game on a different format (with possible extras added during the port).
-The console D3 will "feel" very different as you will manually control your character with the directional pad of a controller instead of indirectly controlling them with mouse clicks.
-Some look at it as a reboot where there is no RMAH economy affecting the game so it'll be a self-found's heaven.
-People with bad internet connections (they do exist) might find this a good alternative as well as you don't have to be online to play it.

All that being said, I prefer the PC version & won't be buying the console version.
Reply Quote
I made an interesting post about this, and I am actually inviting people to vote! go check it out! and please vote!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9499941311#1
Reply Quote

So myopic. I would want to be offline so I can play whenever and where ever I choose. Not when Blizz allows me to play what I ostensibly own. Also, since I play HC, my deaths would be my own, not due to Blizzard's ridiculous disconnect protocol. Online only is a great way for companies to protect their IP at the consumer's cost, the next step to stripping ownership from consumers, and not much more. I tolerate it on Steam because I never pay full price and I can lend as well as resell (limited though it is) if I choose. You might want to look up the penetration and availability of reliable high speed internet in the US; it's not as great as you'd expect. World wide? Good luck.

Also, I have friends in real life. Local multiplayer is far preferable to me than trawling the internet for the decent folk to play with when there's just so much scum/dumb.
Reply Quote
well never did liked the click to move in game
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Brickhaus
Big Screen TV, different experience with the controller, and can play offline. Am I missing anything.

I play D3 on my bigscreen already? Didn't realize I needed a console to do so. Also games like D3 are going to be super tedious with a controller over a mouse. Just like FPS, the mouse is very important in D3 and the loss of control will hinder gameplay.

There is no benefit other than if you only own a ps3/xbox. Which I don't get how you own a next gen system and not a PC lol.
Reply Quote
Are people dumb

yes. yes they are.
Reply Quote
It seems like many people dont know what a hobby is.....
Reply Quote
Nice Trolling! But seriously if you think console gamer's are dumb for paying 60 dollars for a game that they can play offline mode with and don't have too be pressured into buying from AH just too keep up with other players. And on top of that free in-game perks just for pre-order and better drops with better stats. I think dumb might not be the description too use.....i'm seriously thinking of selling my gear and going strictly console just too look smarter!
Reply Quote
Console players sure are not dumb.

But considering the fact that the console experience is 99% the experience you have on PC ... I would not RECOMEND to buy it.

Its basically the same loot hunt. Its basically the same game, even if there is "less drops better quality". Sooner or latter you will run in the exact same problem that we face on the PC.
Reply Quote
You mean to tell me that NOT ONE PERSON in this thread ever played Diablo 2 and said "Hey, this would be awesome on console!"?? Really? I'm buying it on PS3 for JUST that reason. Not to mention, I'd much rather hold a controller in my hand then a mouse/keyboard combo for a hack'n'slash... That and the fact that not everyone has a beast pc to play this on. I only get 30 fps on my machine so I am excited to actually play the game without graphic lag for once.

Edit: Since D2 will never be on console, this is second best, imo.
Edited by SilvixXivlis#1796 on 7/25/2013 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 07:28 AMPosted by Senfan
Blizzard is charging 60 dollars for a game that came out well over a year ago. I guess if people are stupid enough to buy those cosmetic helms in world of warcraft for 15 dollars then they will probably waste money on the console version of diablo 3.

Yes, I am buying it. Problem?

Well, one of the biggest reason is I just moved into a new house, and that area DOES NOT support a stable connection for any online gaming.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]