Diablo® III

Are people dumb enough to buy the console version?

I just placed a pre-order for Diablo III PS3.

I have been permanently banned in the PC version, because of PK'ing and lost over 5b gold on EU HC.

So I guess that makes me pretty dumb. Then again not a single f*ck was given.

Signed,
The Great BoBaFeTT
Reply Quote
Yes, i'm dumb enough to buy the console version.
Probably dumb enough to have a LOT of fun playing it.

Not buying blu-rays when i have the DVD version. Infact, still buy most DVD versions. Blu-ray too expensive.
Reply Quote
It's not "dumb" it depends on what the person enjoys.

I play solo. I'm not looking for others to play with. I like to be able to play off line basically...

I just bought a PS3 and pre-ordered D3 for it. I'm now anxiously awaiting it's release and delivery to me. I Want to be able to play this game on a console.

So, that is my choice. I play D3 online for free since I got it with a 1 year sub plan special on WoW which I also play. Thus my $60.00 is my first time buying D3.

One of the things I really like about the console version is no auction house. lol Just blew over $200.00 on my DH for gear decent enough to clear Inferno level. I can't afford that much for my other's such as Wizard, Barb and WD. I will still play online on D3, but probably only on my DH and Monk.

I'm a good player, but not great. Thus I need decent gear. This is my issue. I chose to spend real money and I'm not complaining. Just stating Console sounds really good right now. lol

I love Diablo 3 it's a lot of fun. Many players also love it, some like it some don't... To each his/her own. :)
Reply Quote
What these PC gamers don't realize, Diablo 3 is one of a very few in its genre on PS3 & 360. They are stuck in their hating worlds and stuck on what they feel should be Diablo 3.

Those who did not start with PS1 don't know there was a Diablo 1 port for console. On top of that the generation after that (PS2 and Xbox) only saw the likes of Champions of Norrath as one of the greats in this genre.

Skip forward to (PS3 and 360) and we got a drought. 360 was lucky enough to get Torchlight, both got gameloft's Dungeon Hunter, and both systems got the disappointment called Dungeon Seige.

I know I am missing quite a few, but the point is the generation's console HAS NEVER seen a dungeon crawler on this scale. D3 in its current state on PC is basically a godsend on console. Add the fact that it has offline and 4P co-op, you have a console dungeon crawler that has what most console players have been looking for in that genre. Try playing Dungeon Seige for PS3 or 360 and let me know what you think. If D3 was anything like that... you might be crying even more.

So please stop trying to post your hate in here. The console purist will be excited about this game regardless of what you say - they don't know brevik and they never experienced LOD.
Reply Quote
here is a minor example... As of January 2013, people were recommending Dungeon Hunters Alliance to fix their dungeon crawler itch... D3 will for sure be welcome on the console.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/65247807
Reply Quote
Here is my take on it!If you want to play it on xbox or ps3 awesome It's your choice right?I will be buying it b/c I want to play with friends.I c it like this if I was running the show and it was up to me to have a console version of diablo 3 it would have came out a long time ago!I would want people to havea choice on what platform they want to play it on.Here is an example...Say you were going to a bar with some friends to enjoy a drink and before you go in the bar someone walks up and said...You guys are cheating on budweiser b/c you are not drinking it over at the other place b/c it's better.That's when I laugh right in there face and proceede to go into the bar and enjoy myself.Why b/c of the atmosphere and thats where I choose to go.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/23/2013 07:39 AMPosted by babinro
OP - Your a moron, worry about yourself....

^

People were 'dumb' enough to buy Mass Effect 2 on the PS3.
Resident Evil 4 on the Wii.
Arkham City on the WiiU.
Dark Souls on the PC.
etc.

It's common for games to come out a year later with a few additions and still be full price.

Keep in mind that this game isn't being marketed towards those who already bought the PC version. It's primarily being sold to those who haven't experienced the game yet.

i wouldnt mind buying it, i dont own an xbox or ps3...i already have a pc i dont see why i honestly would consider buying a console
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 10:10 AMPosted by DeadRu
Meh ,I wont spend 60 bucks on it but I will give it a a few months and pick it up for under 20 bucks in the GameStop This game really sucks bin.

That will be a very long few months. I'm pretty sure that D3 on the console will be a keeper to that crowd.

8/10
Reply Quote
Most console players will probably beat this game on Normal with one class and then be done... some will beat Normal on multiple classes... others may get to 60 on a class or two... but no one is going to farm items in the console version. There is no point... there is no competition between players... online is going to be full of cheaters... the console version is going to have almost no replay value... so I really hope all these "we finally don't have and AH and offline play" people realize this.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/07/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Capo
Most console players will probably beat this game on Normal with one class and then be done... some will beat Normal on multiple classes... others may get to 60 on a class or two... but no one is going to farm items in the console version. There is no point... there is no competition between players... online is going to be full of cheaters... the console version is going to have almost no replay value... so I really hope all these "we finally don't have and AH and offline play" people realize this.

That is a pretty bold statement when you say "no one" and "no replay value" It's the same game minus the AH and upped dropped rates, so there is plenty to replay and do.

What do you think other RPG games do when there is no online component? You think everyone is like frak it, why bother I can't show off to my friends?

Moronic, that is what your paragraph is.

You can't just speak for the entire gaming community like that. I will be farming like crazy on the console version and I know a lot of people in my work place will be too. And I will be playing Solo apart from LAN with my wife and that's that.

I'm gonna buy you a bib as well, because every post you make you need to wipe your face for all the drivel that constantly comes out of it.
Edited by Zombie#1529 on 8/7/2013 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yup call me stupid I've had it preordered from day 1 when it was announced. The console version is gonna be great in comparison to the PC version especially for people like me with crap internet.

Sure I put a lot of time and effort into the PC version but internet always gives me problems when you least expect it playing with 90-100ms all day to all of a sudden 1500-3000ms boom dead!!

Console version is gonna finally let me enjoy playing this game way more then I already do especially HC. Also No Ah's what so ever!!!!!! Hell yes to that.....

So we're not stupid for buying both version OP just some of us really need the console version to be able to play in peace without lag or disconnects.
Reply Quote
The Games Replayablility is what will keep them coming back. the ability to take your characters further then any previous Diablo release
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Those who did not start with PS1 don't know there was a Diablo 1 port for console.

In gameplay, the PSX version of Diablo was superior to its PC counterpart. It lacked in visuals to some degree (resolution and dropped animation frames), but in actual gameplay it was a better experience.

I didn't actually spend any money on D3. I got it for doing something I was going to do anyway (WoW, of course), so I'm not hung up on the cost. The fact is I spend as much of the cost of a console game at the bar on Friday night. It's simply not much of an issue.

I have more than a few friends that aren't PC gamers. They game on consoles (360) so to play with them, I spend time on the 360 as well. Several are stoked for the console version of D3 and I'll probably join them.
Reply Quote
I will be be buying two copies for ps3 and then two for ps4 when released I think you underestimate our loyalty to a genre that is lacking on consoles imo. I have nothing against pc players till someone attacks as tho we console players are "dumb". WTF man ive been gaming since the Nes. its all preference get real bro.
Reply Quote
I will probably pick it up for 360. I just bought a new computer and the FPS is still an issue for D3. What is the point of playing on the PC if my FPS will not stay stable. At least the console version will be more stable and hopefully more enjoyable.
Reply Quote
08/20/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Prime
I will be be buying two copies for ps3 and then two for ps4 when released I think you underestimate our loyalty to a genre that is lacking on consoles imo. I have nothing against pc players till someone attacks as tho we console players are "dumb". WTF man ive been gaming since the Nes. its all preference get real bro.

This +1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]