Diablo® III

Chest craft, why you tease me! :(

Where's the AR ><
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 7/17/2013 11:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ouch. Yeah with AR that would have been one sweet chest man :-(
Reply Quote
AR sucks. You're going to be SWIMMING in GOLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD!
Reply Quote
07/17/2013 11:45 PMPosted by monomach
AR sucks. You're going to be SWIMMING in GOLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD!

so it took me that entire 15 minutes to realize what you meant here.
It has gold find!

haha..i'm going to be rich!
Reply Quote
That's a nasty one. Amazing rolls, all around, except for that friggin' GF...

I rolled a very similar one on my SG Monk, even got some AR there, but no double Dex/Vit affix.
Reply Quote
still a nice craft though!
Reply Quote
How much DPS did that bad boy add? 12k?!

Grats on the GG Inna craft since it lacks the AR.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
Grats~
Reply Quote
Oh hey, thank guys for the positive feedback!!!!
I have to confess, sometimes I post here just because you guy are all so awesome!
It's nice to share with group of awesome (not top) monks. ;)

Cheers,
CC-

I had a Tal's Chest before this that had me at about 215.5k DPS and 480k EhP (9% IAS Tal's)

Wanting to build some EhP I started crafting chests.

If I went all Emerald Gems I would be at 218k DPS and 484.7k EhP.
   A gain of 3.5k DPS and 4.7k EhP.

Wanting more EhP I decided to stick an Amethyst in there.
   That ends me up at 214k DPS and 511.5k EhP.
   A Loss of 1.5k DPS and gain of 31k EhP.

SO almost a lateral DPS move but a 31k EhP gain.

I normally don't like inflating EhP with HP, however, in my case I felt I needed a bigger HP pool to survive better.
With the Tal's my Damage Reduction was 90.83%
With crafted chest it's 90.42%
So the questions is:
   Is a .41% damage reduction loss and 5k HP gain better or worse? Testing will soon let me know.

.41% damage reduction and 5k HP seem like small numbers, but I have found sometimes it takes just a little bit to put you over the survivability hump. If my real feel survivability does not increase, I'll just put an Emerald in there.

An AR roll would have been magnificent!
And/or a higher armor roll.

Question 2 is, what's it going to take to get similar dex/vit rolls but with AR...dum dum dum

EDIT: Question 3: I wonder how the increased dodge offsets the .41% damage reduction. Again, tiny, tiny numbers; however in my non-scientific limited experience, sometimes a small change makes a big difference!
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 7/18/2013 8:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
^ that was the most typing I did a long time...comment darn you internet!

lol

;-)
Reply Quote
Oh hey, thank guys for the positive feedback!!!!
I have to confess, sometimes I post here just because you guy are all so awesome!
It's nice to share with group of awesome (not top) monks. ;)

Cheers,
CC-

I had a Tal's Chest before this that had me at about 215.5k DPS and 480k EhP (9% IAS Tal's)

Wanting to build some EhP I started crafting chests.

If I went all Emerald Gems I would be at 218k DPS and 484.7k EhP.
   A gain of 3.5k DPS and 4.7k EhP.

Wanting more EhP I decided to stick an Amethyst in there.
   That ends me up at 214k DPS and 511.5k EhP.
   A Loss of 1.5k DPS and gain of 31k EhP.

SO almost a lateral DPS move but a 31k EhP gain.

I normally don't like inflating EhP with HP, however, in my case I felt I needed a bigger HP pool to survive better.
With the Tal's my Damage Reduction was 90.83%
With crafted chest it's 90.42%
So the questions is:
   Is a .41% damage reduction loss and 5k HP gain better or worse? Testing will soon let me know.

.41% damage reduction and 5k HP seem like small numbers, but I have found sometimes it takes just a little bit to put you over the survivability hump. If my real feel survivability does not increase, I'll just put an Emerald in there.

An AR roll would have been magnificent!
And/or a higher armor roll.

Question 2 is, what's it going to take to get similar dex/vit rolls but with AR...dum dum dum

EDIT: Question 3: I wonder how the increased dodge offsets the .41% damage reduction. Again, tiny, tiny numbers; however in my non-scientific limited experience, sometimes a small change makes a big difference!

Well......

Alrighty then. Ill make sure not to ask you any more questions until tomorrow ;)

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote

You know, I find it's better for your intuition if you look at the change in those mitigation numbers inversely. That is, By subtracting them from 100. Instead of comparing the damage you aren't taking, compare the damage you are taking.

So instead of 90.83 vs 90.42, I look at 9.17 vs 9.58. You can see that the .41 is a bigger change than you might think if you looked at the numbers the other way: you're healing about 4.5% less and taking 4.5% more every hit. Looking at the larger numbers tend to understate these "small" differences in mitigation, and it gets worse the more mitigation you have.

Obviously, though, when you actually own both sets of gear, the best way to see what works better is just to play the game.

As for dodge, I think it's value tends to be incredibly underrated on these forums. Every time you dodge an attack, it's like you suddenly gained that much life. Unfortunately, even +300 Dex gives so little dodge (moving you from something like 51.3% dodge to 51.6% dodge) that it's not really going to offset much.
Reply Quote
i was thinking the same thing when i rolled my crafted armor,.it does hhave pretty high armor but AR would of sealed the deal for me.
Reply Quote
07/18/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Demiwraith

You know, I find it's better for your intuition if you look at the change in those mitigation numbers inversely. That is, By subtracting them from 100. Instead of comparing the damage you aren't taking, compare the damage you are taking.

So instead of 90.83 vs 90.42, I look at 9.17 vs 9.58. You can see that the .41 is a bigger change than you might think if you looked at the numbers the other way: you're healing about 4.5% less and taking 4.5% more every hit. Looking at the larger numbers tend to understate these "small" differences in mitigation, and it gets worse the more mitigation you have.

Obviously, though, when you actually own both sets of gear, the best way to see what works better is just to play the game.

As for dodge, I think it's value tends to be incredibly underrated on these forums. Every time you dodge an attack, it's like you suddenly gained that much life. Unfortunately, even +300 Dex gives so little dodge (moving you from something like 51.3% dodge to 51.6% dodge) that it's not really going to offset much.

For the record this was an impressive write up and very thoughtful analysis!
I like the way you flipped the damage reduction.

I have the Tal's on the AH...perhaps I'll pull it off so I can test the "real feel"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]