Diablo® III

Wiz’s Gear Mechanical Keyboard vs. Normal

Keyboard came in...

Good god... this thing is amazing. Hard to believe that I had no idea how much more responsive a mechanical keyboard is.

Looking forward to giving a review after a couple weeks of use.
Reply Quote
neo - let's play sometime. =)
Reply Quote
Might have to wait till the weekend.

Only playing a little over the weekend.

I will be testing out my new keyboard when I get home from work, but only for like a half hour.

Going to test it out with Tomb Raider, Super Meat Boy, and some Diablo.
Reply Quote
It has been a little over a week with my new keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70. I have to say its is night and day with this thing. Well… if I contrast me playing on my laptop keyboard to this one lol.

I have it to the point where I can do multiple cycles of Diamond Skin, Explosive Blast, Frost Nova using less pressure to hit the buttons by going only halfway. Which is easier on my hands. After a decade of being a competitive level fighting game player nothing has caused more pain in my hands than playing a CM/SNS Wiz haha.

Played a couple hours with a couple other games. Team Fortress, Tomb Raider, and simple stuff like Magic the Gathering online. On all accounts the keyboard felt great.

Can’t imagine ever going back to a non-mechanical keyboard.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 09:47 AMPosted by Neoshinji
Corsair Vengeance K70.

as expensive as my hmmm....none of my items...
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 07:35 AMPosted by yodatoy
Corsair Vengeance K70.

as expensive as my hmmm....none of my items...

Lets revisit that statement 5 month from now lol.
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 07:42 AMPosted by Neoshinji

carpe diem.
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 07:45 AMPosted by yodatoy

carpe diem.

Caveat Emptor
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 07:56 AMPosted by Neoshinji
Caveat Emptor

none of my items are defect.
Reply Quote
They are not defective, but they are depreciating at an alarming rate.

A house can be perfect, but buying in a volatile market at a high price is something that needs to be to be considered.

My keyboard cost around $129 USD. If each piece of your gear is worth over $129 USD
I’d say that you wasted money and possibly bought into too much of the hype that gets tossed around on the boards. Buying into hype is a dangerous thing… even worse when D3’s community is quickly diminishing the way it is. (Haven’t logged on for about 3 days myself). Once the new content patch comes out no one is going to care about the old gear with old stats levels.

As far as using the over used Latin phrase of carpe diem as a shield for poor planning. I would suggest focusing on other moments in life to live in. After all, till the Expansion for D3 comes out any moments you are going to be experiences are the same ones we have been experiencing for the past year… just with less Act 3 farming haha.

So yah, once the Expansion comes out… lets all get Hyped up! Lets all buy into the hype… lets sell the hype! Looking forward to it.
Edited by Neoshinji#1433 on 8/2/2013 8:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not waste at all when it is well used.
It gave me all the satisfaction and did not affect my daily life (unless my wife finds out).
If my items are worth 50% of my income, that is really a BIG problem.
but if it is only 0.0001% of my income, then no biggie.
Sure I could have saved...but once a friend of mine said, money comes and money goes.
Otherwise, I would have been spent on new golf clubs, new golf wears, other tangible goods that I don't get to play every day.

Again, if depreciation was my real concern, then obviously I would not have played AH.
Reply Quote
Well then back to your original statement of saying that your gear is individually worth more than $129 USD.

Do you believe this to be a true or false statement?

IMO this was never been a discussion about "Fun".

Once you put a dollar figure on something it becomes more or less a discussion of investments.

Example:
*Played a round of golf with my new set of clubs. Had a great time.
*Played a round of golf with my $20,000 set of clubs. Had a great time.

Unless you think that putting a monitory value on fun is part of the equation?

Not picking on you. I think you are a cool guy. Just more or less curious on your mindset.
Edited by Neoshinji#1433 on 8/2/2013 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How about this way...
I could spend $129 on a new keyboard vs spend $129 on an upgrade.
I could upgrade $129 on my keyboard even though my keyboard is fine.
I could spend $129 on a new item even though my item takes me MP10 w/o any problem.

My mind set works like this:
Keyboard is keyboard. There is nothing wrong with it so I don't need to upgrade. Besides, I don't think I can sell my old keyboard on eBay b/c it's so used and can't even sell it for $1 and shipping probably costs more.
but hey, I want to spend $129 on a new upgrade and sell my old one for $80.

I respect your wiz b/c you have done it without using RMAH what so ever. and you got an awesome wiz. For me, I don't feel like grinding, I don't feel like flipping, I still want to play D3 and I still want to shorten the kill time. and if I find a good value on an digital item, then what the heck.

As I said, yeah...in retrospect, I could have bought probably 3+ iPads with amount of money went into my toon but what the heck. For a player like me, probably RMAH was the best thing that happened. Otherwise, I would have quit a long long time ago.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 8/2/2013 9:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
One more addition..as I was thinking...and this is completely discussion sake.

How do you feel about tithe? and how about going on a mission trip with my own money? Those are also intangible and significantly more than what I would spend on D3 here and there.
Reply Quote
Once you put a dollar figure on something it becomes more or less a discussion of investments.

Oh heck no. I played EverQuest for three years with my guild, and that was a huge time investment. Not everything is something you put a dollar amount on nor a turn of monetary investment.
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 09:58 AMPosted by jenpeezey

Oh heck no. I played EverQuest for three years with my guild, and that was a huge time investment. Not everything is something you put a dollar amount on nor a turn of monetary investment.

Well then... in your case do you mean.

Time =Fun
or
Time=Money
Reply Quote
I play for fun. I don't stick with a game just because I put in x years. I quit EQ when it became unfun for me.
Reply Quote
Investing in one's church or in community aka tithe?

Not sure about other Church's but my Church is very transparent in what they spend donations on.

It is still money... to them it is not something that is correlated to something fun or spiritual... it what is needed to keep the church running.

When it comes to something like Missions... money is being invested into communities.

The one's I am familiar with go to areas to help people who could care less about God, but are very thankful for receiving medical help.

So for me... I guess when it comes to fun... I just do not put a price tag or value to it.
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 10:16 AMPosted by jenpeezey
I play for fun. I don't stick with a game just because I put in x years. I quit EQ when it became unfun for me.

Ok so then I guess we agree?
Reply Quote
No, because how I see it is not really applicable for others.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]