Diablo® III

Online play pass code required.

(Locked)

Online play for the console version is going to basically be like OPEN B.NET was in Diablo 2. Unless you are just playing with other friends... there isn't going to be much of a point... unless you like playing with people who have unlimited gold and hack all their items and paragon levels.
Thank god for that!!! Thanks Blizzard. EA has ruined every sports game I play cause of that online pass BS not to mention the other companies.

I always buy games new so I get the pass anyways but the problem is I use 4 psn accounts which really screws you over when online passes come to play.
oh no, PS+ guys...
they force you to get free games every month..
woe is the playstation user again!
(this was the, quote, "worst thing announced
for PS during E3; something xbag already does")
oh no, PS+ guys...
they force you to get free games every month..

Yeah at least with PS+ you will be able to download a boatload of (newer) games for free, unlike MS box where you only get the worst and oldest games for free with xbox live gold.
If I was to by a console it would be the playstation and not the xbox ...
LOL @ 'unfair' Pc gamers basically financed this console port, suffering thru endless problems.... Consolers get the collector's edition 'exclusives' plus other game breakers... cry more!
I've actually pre-ordered the console version. I don't play console games, but my partner does, so I've been looking through the threads here and trying to learn something.

I guess the console fee is a trade-off.

If I was really crying about something, I guess I wouldn't be spending more money on the game! :)
Easy solutions here. Just get diablo 3 for ps3 and there is no fee to play at all :D. BOOM! Besides the first gen release of ps4 will have bugs like they all do anyways.
Yet, console version gets an offline mode but PC version can't play when the servers are down or having issues. It's a trade off.

Like I said, I think it is a trade-off. I also think it is a major source of contention between PC and console players. I am happy that my partner will finally be able to play D3, with a different gaming experience, but I must admit that I am a bit jealous of offline mode.

Is online mode a critical function for PC players, or can we have an offline mode as well?
08/11/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Hatshepsut
Is online mode a critical function for PC players, or can we have an offline mode as well?

It was sold under the pretense of : online only to prevent cheating.

We all know by know it is just DRM.
08/06/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Grimiku
Just wanted to confirm that you will not need a play pass to play Diablo III online multiplayer games on the Playstation Network. You'll need an Xbox LIVE Gold account in order to play over Xbox LIVE, though.

So I have to pay to play game online with others through xbox live? When I look to "join games" it says there is none.
08/06/2013 06:07 PMPosted by Raketje
Just wanted to confirm that you will not need a play pass to play Diablo III online multiplayer games on the Playstation Network. You'll need an Xbox LIVE Gold account in order to play over Xbox LIVE, though.

Please note that this will change if you decide to wait for the PS4 version, because that network will require a monthly fee.

only fee for the PS4 is for a play station plus membership. and game are always free to play online. Sony already stated that online gaming for the PS4 will operation the same as it has for the PS3 and always be free.
85 Orc Shaman
All i want to know is if i buy PC version of Diablo 3 will i have to pay a monthly 14.99 fee like WoW
No - PC version online play is through BNET - that's free.
Games don't do this on console anymore. People hated it.
I'll enjoy playing it for free on the Ps3. hopefully we get 2.1 on the last gen consoles if nothing else.
Community Manager
Hello, everyone!

This thread is kind of old, and the information I gave in this previous post was specifically referring to the original console version of Diablo III. Now that UEE is here this question should be answered with an updated response, so here I go!

So is Ultimate Evil Edition going to be one of those games that require a passcode to play online?

The answer to this question depends on the version of UEE that you purchase, since the requirements to play online can change from console to console. Here is the breakdown, which should help clear up any confusion.

• UEE on Xbox 360 will require every member of the party to have a Xbox Live Gold membership in order to play online and save everyone's data. Local guests can play online with Gold members, but will not be able to save their data.
  • UEE on Xbox One will require one of the local party members to be an Xbox Gold member in order to play online, and for that Gold member to confirm that the Xbox One being used is their Home console.
  • UEE on PS4 will require at least one person in the local party to be a member of Playstation Plus in order to play online.
  • UEE on PS3 does not require Playstation Plus membership in order to play online.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]