Diablo® III

24% Move Speed: Updated

Original thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9454215542

Greetings,

Ok so I decided to just forgo speed for survivability and bought some rare pants. They are on my profile now. According to d3up, I gained over 100k eHP and am now sitting at 530k eHP. I can already tell the difference. Fights that used to be close calls are now pretty simple really.

The reduction to 12% move speed has not effected me as much as I had thought it would. The only thing that really sux is the loss of dmg. This is indeed a slow slow crawl to 200k.

I think the next option now is try to roll a new ammy with similar stats, but Vit on it as well. Then I could switch my bracers to a DPS option. What do you think?

One day I will see you all at 200k dmg :). Many thanks for your help over the weeks.

-Sark
Reply Quote
Welcome to the heavy and slow pants club! :)

When you get enough EHP you can switch back to your blue speedos :P
Reply Quote

The reduction to 12% move speed has not effected me as much as I had thought it would. The only thing that really sux is the loss of dmg. This is indeed a slow slow crawl to 200k.

And in all honesty your DPS was falsely inflated by the innas IAS, for WD unless youre a 0 dogger, IAS doesnt do anything except make you go OOM sooner
Reply Quote
07/16/2013 10:37 AMPosted by cornelius
And in all honesty your DPS was falsely inflated by the innas IAS

Im not sure how this kind of misguided nonsense gets repeated and repeated. Your sheet DPS does not lie. If you can support your IAS with sufficient mana its fine. If you kill fast you also keep mana topped.
Reply Quote

And in all honesty your DPS was falsely inflated by the innas IAS, for WD unless youre a 0 dogger, IAS doesnt do anything except make you go OOM sooner

man if you don't know anything just shut up stop making yourself look dumb.
Reply Quote
Oh noes!!! Violence in my thread. It's gonna be alright everyone... the relevant parties have been arrested and justice will be served.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm trying not to cry as I prepare to go through hundreds of ammy's to get mine but with Vit too... yay.

-Sark
Reply Quote
ya I'm planning on ditching the lacunis for BOA bracers. I used to put lacunis on all my builds but I'd rather have the EHP of a nicely crafted pair. the MS% isn't really needed for my build. I'd rather ditch it for something that is more suitable for MP8-10.
Reply Quote
07/16/2013 10:43 AMPosted by kurOsawa
Im not sure how this kind of misguided nonsense gets repeated and repeated. Your sheet DPS does not lie. If you can support your IAS with sufficient mana its fine. If you kill fast you also keep mana topped.

The mana situation with CoB pales in comparison to running bears. And still the same truth applied, IAS is good dps if you don't have mana problems.

The "IAS fake dps" is kinda like the "only use a black dmg weapon" nonsense.
Reply Quote
View profile
I tossed my Inna's a long time ago and haven't missed them at all. Inna's has the 1% crit and movement speed, but everything else just stinks for a WD. If you want AS, there are better places to get it.

Haven't missed the MS either with the increased monster density.

No matter how much DPS I put on, I will not use them again.
Reply Quote
View profile

The mana situation with CoB pales in comparison to running bears. And still the same truth applied, IAS is good dps if you don't have mana problems.

The "IAS fake dps" is kinda like the "only use a black dmg weapon" nonsense.

As long as we're talking about Witch Doctor (which, well, we were.)
There are some skills in other classes where attack speed is actually sort of fake dps. Like some of the huge resource sucking skills. Say monk bells or wizard's meteors. Having more damage from crit chance or crit damage or primary stat is far more important than casting them a bit faster.
Also wizard's blizzard isn't affected by IAS at all (other than a faster caster animation.)
I don't know of any for witch doctor (sounds like somebody smart made this class.)
Edited by GunnersDream#1109 on 7/16/2013 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@sky -

I totally agree with you! Leaving them behind was a game-changer. I just haven't been able to bring myself to sell the old pair, they just sit very dusty in my stash... so maybe I'm not 100% convinced? Or I'm just paranoid about needing them again if they make changes to the game?

Or I'm just a hoarder.

Oh right, I use them to help level my buddies :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]