RagingKoala#1984
Bruce#1509
saintcoultz#1215
alneo#2621
moshingchris#1366
tomcruise#1666
Wannabee808#1418
Just played with moshingchris#1366 - 5 DEs in 1 vota run, it was fun & quick
And I managed to get the most powahful Leg ever.

Frostburns.

Be Jelly.

- - - -

Anyway actual Question!

Given I want to keep my Witching Hour and my Self Craft gloves what do you guys see as my next gearing move?

My current theoretical, and possibly (see; Likely) wrong, steps to winning are

Step 1: Craft Strength Chests until I come up with something along the lines of
230 Str/Vit
70+ AR
3 Sockets
(With favorable mentions going to Elite/Melee/Ranged Reduction, Armor Bonus, Life%)

Step 2:
Craft Str Razor Spikes until I get something in the order of
150+ Vit
250+ Str
70+ AR
4.5+ % CC

Step 3:
Purchase a Pair of 150+ Vit 9% IAS Inna's to maintain my 2.5 Breakpoint

Step 4:
Refining my crafted Gear
Getting better Rings
Somehow pull that single source of LS I need out my buttocks (or alternatively drop half a bill on an 1150/2.6LS/58CHD/OS sword)

Oh and ignore my skill choices on my profile, my usual setup is Hybrid with Bash - Punish as a fury generator for DE farming, or OP:KS/Hybrid and no-gen for general farming, or Rend/HotA/OP:KS for Ubers. I use Frenzy w/ Vanguard when I'm trying to find VotA.
View profile
And I managed to get the most powahful Leg ever.

Frostburns.

Be Jelly.

- - - -

Anyway actual Question!

Given I want to keep my Witching Hour and my Self Craft gloves what do you guys see as my next gearing move?

230 Str/Vit
70+ AR
3 Sockets
(With favorable mentions going to Elite/Melee/Ranged Reduction, Armor Bonus, Life%)

Step 2:
150+ Vit
250+ Str
70+ AR
4.5+ % CC

Step 3:

Step 4:
Refining my crafted Gear
Getting better Rings
Somehow pull that single source of LS I need out my buttocks (or alternatively drop half a bill on an 1150/2.6LS/58CHD/OS sword)

Oh and ignore my skill choices on my profile, my usual setup is Hybrid with Bash - Punish as a fury generator for DE farming, or OP:KS/Hybrid and no-gen for general farming, or Rend/HotA/OP:KS for Ubers. I use Frenzy w/ Vanguard when I'm trying to find VotA.

I had almost perf frostburns, think my buddy has them :D def 30/6 high lok and armor too :D
Hey Prof:
I built SnB per your guide, played with and without soj, ended up changing to trifecta- did not "feel difference" vs Ghom. For a very short time I tried IK5, then DW, and after a few hours just had to come back to SnB. I can ply MP10 but takes long to kill elite. I even mix in ww on low MP trash. I think my current sweet spot (kill times and leveling optimized) is MP5 or 6. Rarely die, tank city!

Yesterday I crafted 100 amulets without any luck. I'll keep grinding and use my wiz to farm DE when staying in travel hotels (works ok).

Am I focusing on the right upgrade?

Thanks!
Other SnB vets, feel free to opine.
Edited by Heraken#1337 on 7/20/2013 11:54 AM PDT
I'm still trying to get to mp10 after all this time lol...

I could drop the AS on gloves for rares with more AR/Vit but less dps hm..
Hey Prof:
I built SnB per your guide, played with and without soj, ended up changing to trifecta- did not "feel difference" vs Ghom. For a very short time I tried IK5, then DW, and after a few hours just had to come back to SnB. I can ply MP10 but takes long to kill elite. I even mix in ww on low MP trash. I think my current sweet spot (kill times and leveling optimized) is MP5 or 6. Rarely die, tank city!

Yesterday I crafted 100 amulets without any luck. I'll keep grinding and use my wiz to farm DE when staying in travel hotels (works ok).

Thanks!

Wow that is quite a set you put together. Very impressive. Reminds me of Ballers set. Yes, I guess the best upgrade would be to craft an ammy, but unless your really lucky I would expect it to take 1000+ crafts before you get an upgrade. You also need to focus on getting your paragon lvls up. As far as speed goes I think you should do a few things to your build that would speed up your kills and bring you up to a higher paragon lvl experience. First change your bash rune to "punish". Make sure you keep the buff up at all times. For higher mp lvls you'll probably want to use HOTA smash. Rolling thunder is great on lower mp, but the extra damage from smash will help you kill those elites a lot faster. When you get comfortable with the build switch out bloodlust for lacerate. This will help you kills mobs faster and should give your more than enough life sustain. Also may want to look into a -5 hota soj to help spam hota. Good luck and I hope you enjoy snb.

Anyway actual Question!

230 Str/Vit
70+ AR
3 Sockets

Step 2:
150+ Vit
250+ Str
70+ AR
4.5+ % CC

Step 3:

Step 4:
Refining my crafted Gear
Getting better Rings

Wow your going to have to do some regearing to lose those BT pants. You'll be losing 240 or so vit AND 10% life. Took me a while to regear when I sold mine. The easiest to pick some of that up would be to craft a chest 250str, 250vit, 3 os, 70+ar and life%. I've been trying to get a craft like that for a while. You could also try to pick up a lot of extra mitigation to offset the loss of life. If you get the right crafts it will work like you think, but I find crafting very unpredictable. Good luck and let us know how it goes..
Edited by Bruce#1509 on 7/20/2013 1:30 PM PDT
Hey Prof:

Thanks!

we are building nearly the same way :), dunno why you only farm mp 5 or 6 tbh, with ww and hota you can farm mp9 very fast with that dps and ehp.

animosity isnt really needed with your set, i go brawler and end up at 560 k dps with all buffs on elites.

def go bash punish as dps and fury gainer.

all you really need is paragon lvls and a better amu and you will be set for a very long time.

i am looking for better gaunts, bt leggs with 170 str and 390 vit and 260 str 60 vit mcs on my side, maybe that also helps you as indicator.
Edited by AlNeo#2621 on 7/20/2013 1:42 PM PDT
Bruce and AllNeo:

Thanks for the input! I definitely respect the shield and the shield wearers.

PS: I can't believe I forgot to put Brawler back on after trying different skills last night. No wonder elite kills took forever....
Bruce and AllNeo:

Thanks for the input! I definitely respect the shield and the shield wearers.

PS: I can't believe I forgot to put Brawler back on after trying different skills last night. No wonder elite kills took forever....

haha that doesnt only happen to you :)

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/alneo-2621/Tank/32508754

mine vs yours :) if you take paragonlvls into consideration you are equal at least :)

i am at 175 ub dps and 2,1 mill ehp

you are 158 ub dps and 1,7 mill ehp

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/heraken-1337/Sanchin/33872447
Edited by AlNeo#2621 on 7/20/2013 10:36 PM PDT
Bruce and AllNeo:

Thanks for the input! I definitely respect the shield and the shield wearers. WW seem so weak at higher MP, for me. And, Elites at high MP seem to take forever, even with Brawler on. Maybe I need to give the soj another try.

With all the great snb'ers here, I was wondering if there was anything I should be looking to upgrade first to maximize my dps - I was thinking the amulet could be upgraded but I've no luck with crafting.
07/20/2013 02:35 PMPosted by HELL
With all the great snb'ers here, I was wondering if there was anything I should be looking to upgrade first to maximize my dps - I was thinking the amulet could be upgraded but I've no luck with crafting.
go the henry route! :D no crafting!!!!!! before when I had my s&b barb, I had 18\0k dps/1.5m ehp, the setup for AE. man if I could remember how I did it, I would totally point you in that direction, but from what I've seen is, you can definitely change your wh belt to a non all resist one for another 5-10k dps upgrade. if you're keen on that 24% movement speed or not I dunno, but if you don't mind 12, then you can get another pair of IC's with 250+ str/50+vit for cheap(no ms), and even a new weapon would work out for you, the int on there is great, but higher dps / strength on it would add more dps.

hope I helped some what, been a while since I've built a complete S&B barb, mines only set up from the items ive had for a while now(like patch 1.0.5 or so)
Bruce and AllNeo:

Thanks for the input! I definitely respect the shield and the shield wearers. WW seem so weak at higher MP, for me. And, Elites at high MP seem to take forever, even with Brawler on. Maybe I need to give the soj another try.

i didnt really notice that big of a difference with a soj tbh
Yeah thanks henry, I totally forgot I had the AR on the WH lol... but another main hand is definitely in the books for upgrade - I had it from my old WD gear so.

I do enjoy stacking a bit of IAS as I do run a Skorn (202k with SOJ) sometimes but isn't as tough.
Thanks AlNeo!
I really love this series of threads and have been a little scared to post on them for the past 2 weeks, but I think it's time I asked for some help on gearing S&B because I've fallen in love with it. The problem I have is that I have a limited budget of ~75mill to spend on upgrades. The thing is my friend challenged me to make a decent barb for less than 300 mill, and I think I've done respectably over the last 5 months of sniping auctions, crafting and getting lucky drops, but I did try a lot of different things - started out as a throw barb (still have the - wep throw 28 elite damage SOJ, IK belt, and a 300th spear), then went dw double tornado (still have the high damage life steal EF and a stat stick dagger, along with a AR lacuni & str/vit tal's armor), then tried seismic slam, but I've really taken a liking to S&B the most and want to spend the remainder on this. I know I can't afford a crit mempo with my funds unless I get really lucky like I did with my current wep & ammy, but are there any other items that are in glaring need of upgrade?

BTW, I'm sorry I signed out with WOTB on and buffed, so my toon does look a lot more inflated than it really is - i was in a little bit of a hurry. My DPS with just passives is ~160k.
Edited by Gilgamesh#1870 on 7/20/2013 3:42 PM PDT
View profile
Hey AlNeo, thanks for the FR last night. I won't be on until later today but lets run. I believe Saint Coultz is also on my FL and I have yet to run with him. I'll let you know when I get on!

:)

Hey Gilgamesh, the first thing that stands out it me is your low life. DPS will come later, you need to be able to survive. Hope that helps!
Edited by Wannabee808#1418 on 7/20/2013 4:02 PM PDT
Thanks, Wannabee. I do have other gear in my stash from my double tornado days that can potentially add ~250 vit by changing my nat ring and wearing my IK armor, but recently I have just been farming MP5-7 with a friend lately so I hadn't needed it (more life & more resists because of the set bonus). I will keep that in mind when I venture into higher MPs - I wish that the Tyrael's that I'm wearing rolled vit instead of intel, because the slow movespeed with IK would also tick off my friend a bit, haha. I do appreciate the feedback though, and once I hit P100, when I can actually put more funds into this toon, that will definitely be one of the first things I address.

On another note, nice monk and wiz too. Looks like I might be able to follow your lead on those toons of mine as well :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]