Diablo® III

S&B QA - Part 7

Thanks! I like my monk too :P I think my wiz could use more life though lol 34K gets me 1 shot sometimes on MP10.
Ya I know what you mean, especially with the maniacs - they're the reason I'm using my blackthorne's ammy instead of my trifecta - 8k more life and 500 loh > 27k more dps... but i'm focusing on barb for a bit to see if i can score some more deals for < 75 mill. I really appreciate the feedback you've given me and hope i can pick up a couple of items with vit/life% on them to improve the S&B barb. Thanks again.
I was thinking about this some more and also looked a little on AH - for me specifically, it looks like nat's boots with str & vit are a cheap upgrade (15-20 mill maybe) - and of course i can focus on crafting better bracers. Witching hour with strength and vit also seem cheap as well. I think I have my answer, and perhaps with some gold left to spare - Thanks so much once again!

Edit: 22m spent on new nat's boots and witching hour, 8 crafted bracers later - 10k more life, 10k more dps with passives; 74k more eHP according to d3up.com

Thanks to all the great S&B barbs in this thread, especially Wannabe
Edited by Gilgamesh#1870 on 7/20/2013 7:24 PM PDT
I was thinking about this some more and also looked a little on AH - for me specifically, it looks like nat's boots with str & vit are a cheap upgrade (15-20 mill maybe) - and of course i can focus on crafting better bracers. Witching hour with strength and vit also seem cheap as well. I think I have my answer, and perhaps with some gold left to spare - Thanks so much once again!
just so you know....ice climbers with 150+str / vit / ms > nats boots, and probably just as cheap
Thanks, Henry, but it's hard to give up the set bonus on my Nat's ring. I was really debating with myself to go ice climbers or Nat's until I practically stole this ring on the AH a couple of months ago for 11 mill and that kinda steered me in this direction. If I can get a decent trifecta, then ice climbers are a sure thing! :) ... but i only have 52 mill left in the budget, so i'm not sure i'd be able to make it.
just so you know....ice climbers with 150+str / vit / ms > nats boots, and probably just as cheap

Not when you consider you get 7% CC with 2 piece nats.
Edited by Shango#1124 on 7/20/2013 7:38 PM PDT
Thanks to all the great S&B barbs in this thread, especially Wannabe

Thanks Gilgamesh but I am not great, I kinda just take up space. :)

Add me and we can run when I get home (baby shopping gotta replenish the diaper stock).
im glad to see there are still people who enjoy a balanced barb who can take a hit. Ill admit sometimes I use other gear in my stash for speed white mobs, but I always come back to where a barb is a BARB lol.
Wannabee, I've already turned off the computer for the night because I got an early flight tomorrow, but I'll add you in a week when I get back and we can run then. This forum is awesome! :-)

Not when you consider you get 7% CC with 2 piece nats.

http://www.d3rawr.com/d-1Zq05
:)
Yes, his paper dps goes down by 10k or so, but if he knows how to use this site, then he'll realize with these 2 items, the ice climbers you mentioned and the cheapest ring I saw(like 3-5m?) actually add hdps over the nats set by 90-150k. people think nats 2 set on a barb is good, those people normally don't use d3rawr or actually have a clue what to do, and tend to over spend on the other pieces to make up that strength & ehp on other slots =/

don't get me wrong here, the 2 piece set is nice, but it's not meant for barbs

edit 2; also adding crit chance instead of crit damage(same price roughly) still adds more over nats 2 piece
edit 3: I also forgot to add the life % from the ice climbers in that link, so the ehp should be the no more or less than his current ehp
Edited by henry#1793 on 7/21/2013 2:46 AM PDT
Thanks for the constructive feedback, Henry! I'm letting a cousin of mine play around with my account while I'm gone for the week and I'll have him look for a decent IC and ring at a good price. It will be a good thing to have the option to use when I'm using a shield and HotA as the main damage dealer. Still playing around with skill build though - I think I need more practice because I am having a little but of difficult with fury management.

But you are right, I must admit that I haven't been using d3rawr - I didn't realize how tailored for barbarian it was, have just been using d3up for all my toons. Another valuable piece of advice and this is why I ask the pros :-)
07/20/2013 07:51 PMPosted by bighimmy57
im glad to see there are still people who enjoy a balanced barb who can take a hit. Ill admit sometimes I use other gear in my stash for speed white mobs, but I always come back to where a barb is a BARB lol.

yes there are still a few of us around ;)
well f u webpage -.-

gilgamesh, switch the radiant ruby to radiant emerald, rubies tend to be more useful towards whirlwind, emerald adds more dps overall for hota and your other skills, I would've added it into that link but I don't know your weapons actual average damage :(
It's easy to find out henry. You just need to remember that a Ruby adds flat damage so is multiplied by the Weapon Damage percentile

Subract (130 * 1.xx) from the minimum and maximum damage values to give the true min max values.

xx is the Weapon Damage Bonus.

- - - -

For my Barb
Min Damage: 748 - (160 * 1.37) = 529
Max Damage: 1297 - (160 * 1.37) = 1078

hDPS with Emerald: 1148423
hDPS with Ruby: 1222537

wwrltw DPS with Emerald: 1373630
wwrltw DPS with Ruby: 1462279

There is a slight decrease to the differential between emerald and ruby hDPS with OP:KS. . .in favor of emerald but it's only a few thousand and Ruby is still miles ahead.

To simplify? Yes Crit Chance, Crit Damage et al are of importance when deciding whether or not to go Ruby, but Weapon Damage % shouldn't be ignored, especially on swords because of the 15 percent damage bonus from Weapon Master.

So for gilgamesh Barb
Min Damage: 684 - (130 * 1.39) = 503
Max Damage: 1112 - (130 * 1.39) = 931

Current Skill Build
hDPS Emerald: 1135442
73201 - 137015 MH
399676 - 748103 MH crit

hDPS Ruby: 1136297
95500 - 159314 MH
425929 - 710542 MH crit

So according to d3rawr with his skill build he's better of running with a ruby in that socket. hDPS is a bit iffy because you gain CC percent for having more fury and I'm not certain if d3rawr is capable of taking that into account.

To measure it roughly as though it didn't take the CC bonus from HotA into account I added 20% CC to gear and got the following numbers
Emerald hDPS: 1360459
Ruby hDPS: 1347895

The gap closed to within spitting distance, but the Ruby still prevailed because HotA rarely see's 100 percent fury uptime. A +15 Fury IK belt would probably help to push Emerald out further.

This was all based on Swords, haven't even looked at other weapons.

edit made a few mistakes on Gilgamesh, it was closer than I thought under full buff spread.
Edited by MoshingChris#1366 on 7/21/2013 12:12 PM PDT
That was an awesome break down Chris. Nice to see a number guy chime in. :)
Just to correct myself because I posted something misleading, the 15% increase damage from Weapon Master if you are using a sword doesn't play a role in whether or not you should go Ruby or Emerald.
MoshingChris- thanks for the detailed explanation- you guys are really coming through for me and I really appreciate it... man, I wish that I was home right now so I can try these things out right away. I do play more than just this build so I will look more into emeralds and rubies optimization - especially when dual wielding.

Henry - just spoke with my cousin and he still hasn't found a str/vit IC with move speed for less than 50m, but we'll keep looking. He did say there were some nice rings that were just a little bit out of the price range but I might have him pick one up for my wiz instead. In the meantime, I'll have him craft some vit shoulders and maybe I'll get lucky and get more eHP

Wannabee - I'm supposed to be back home in a week so I'll hit you up then unless my stay gets extended for some reason, but I'm looking forward to playing with you
Yes, nicer rings are more expensive, also I did agree with that person that 150+ str / vit /movement speed ic's are 58m+, also the rings I was looking at are just a replica of your current nats ring, just in rare form, I didn't put in any other modifiers besides what was on your ring :)
Sounds good hopefully our time zones are close. From your other post when you turned off your computer it doesn't seem like they are. I'm in Hawaii and don't tend to match times with very many people. :(
Hi all,

I'm a HC SnB barb and I'm looking for ideas for upgrades as I want to run MP5 comfortably.

I got the BT Chest & Pants due to my low budget and currently, my shopping list has: a crafted shoulder, a crafted bracer (and in a long distance future, a IK chest and Rare Pants as a medium range IK chest now costs ~~400Mils on the HC AH)
I'm wondering if anyone can help have a look at my profile and let me know what else I should aim for?

Thanks
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]