Diablo® III

S&B QA - Part 7

@Jowy68 ..your barb looks really nice. your next upgrade will be expensive. but first i would recommend you to upgrade is bracers. i would go with lacuni prowlers since you have no movement speed.

ps. if you wear wh, i would recommend you use bloodthrist for additional life regen. i don't think rend/blood lust alone is enough for high mp fight.

Yeah I know, no movement speed, but with lacuni's (even 9%IAS 6%CC) and 125 str or so it lowers but my health and dps, hard to drop 296 str and 137 vit with 6cc, but since i geared my barb all by myself like a big boy without checking any guides or anything, i'm sure i'll figure out a way to make ehp and dps better, but with 1.2b left, its getting hard, I can raise either one, but not both
@Jowy68

I wouldn't think that you'd need Ignore pain on a well set up SnB barb let alone Tough as nails as well. I reckon that you could loose one of those for something more useful or DPS orientated. You could even swap out both but I'd start with one or the other first as see how it goes in the field.

Ignore pain could be switched for a number of skills such as Sprint, Ground stomp or Over power.

Tough as nails could be switched for Brawler, Superstition, Blood thirst or even Boon of BK to shorten the cool down on your WotB/Insanity.

Gear wise you are looking pretty good apart from the movement speed. Perhaps you could change out the ICB's for boots with MS and then if you loose Vitality, change the shoulders for some with more Vitality/Life % combo.
Crafting Vitality shoulders has been known to Yield 200+ Vitality and good strength and AR rolls. Or upgrade the Ik chest. You have a Bee or so, you should be able to get a better Ik and ICB's with MS as well and probably change left over after you sell your current ones.
Edited by Asmodeous#1189 on 7/26/2013 2:28 AM PDT
dont mind the skills lol I was just testing some stuff yesterday and forgot to switch back haha
I'd probably be shooting for a new main-hand as-well to be honest. Echoing Fury's are great for dual-wielding because the + Attacks Per Second apply across both hands, but they are, and some will probably correct me with an argument, not as great for Sword and Board play (unless you have a fantastic one!) simply because they can't get everything you'll actually want out of a weapon, especially given yours isn't a .25.

A 1.40 Sword or 8% IAS Axe will still get you to the 2.22 Breakpoint and will have room for CHD/LS/OS or Stat/LS/OS or combinations thereof etc. It then depends if you want the uber-crit chance from an axe or extra % damage from a Sword.
Edited by MoshingChris#1366 on 7/26/2013 9:20 AM PDT
Hey Tran, put up a link to your D3up profile so we can check out all the upgrades. :)
*retyping this, don't know what happened but it didn't show up .. hopefully it doesn't double post*

Hey Tran, put up a link to your D3up profile so we can check out all the upgrades. :)

sure thing man!
I’ll get it done either tonight or tomorrow when I have some time

I'm keeping my eyes out on silver's giveaway but it doesn't look promising as there’s not a lot of real interest in the SnB set

The gears that you’re seeing on my barb right now is for the giveaway, maybe minus the belt unless I can find something else for myself

The hard part will be finding a new SnB barb worthy though … I think you, ehong or henry pointed this out yesterday
I have one candidate on my friend list but he’s in Australia time frame or something
There’s another possible one but he doesn’t always play with a shield

Hmmm … picking someone for this set will be much harder than the other lower sets that I’ve given out so far …= /
Yeah hard to find truly needy barbs now. Good luck!
I'm a bit unsure of where to go next when upgrading items. I could take one of the following paths:

1) Pray to the RNG gods and craft Vit shoulders and/or Str amulets until I run out of gold.
2) Upgrade/craft gloves - would involve moving away from IK gloves. If I start with these, my next move would be to replace my BT chest with an IK one to keep the AR set bonus. I would then replace my BT pants with either Rares or Innas since I would no longer get the Vit set bonus from BTs. Final step would be to replace boots with ICs (MS ICs if I went with Rare pants, non-MS ICs if I went with Innas). This path would require replacing 4 items at once, which seems pricey.
3) Buy new rings and/or amulet.
4) ???

Anyone have any suggestions?
YOOO my brothers! How you all been? Who wants my SS in my profile? Serious SnB's only, you will have the pleasure of wearing a piece in history and must promise to take good care of it, through adversity, hardships and monster slaying. Thou must shalt obey to the motto of one smart scholar by the name of Nikeboy and respect the shield at all costs, no matter what!

I need 10 replies quoting this post and pick a number 1-10, no duplicate numbers. I already have the number chosen. Winner will receive my sacred Storm Shield.
Edited by BALLER#1390 on 7/26/2013 7:32 PM PDT
NO BALLER, you will give me your blackthornes pants, I know you still have them-.-
respect Baller, those needful pls quickly relpy to Baller. such a good SS worth few hundred million is not easy to come by....well done.

@baller, as henry said, is there any other things else you are willing to share or sell? haha......
You should put another stipulation B. That said recipient will also pass it on to another S&B brother so we can keep it in the "family" kinda like Fabby is going to do with your old sword (give it to QHTran) in the future.

Tell you what QH, just keep being a relevant member on here and one day, I'll gift you the sword because I know you'll take care of it :)

was just a thought :)
4?

Hey I thought I'd give it a shot, my SS sucks compared to that one!
3. I want to drop the ef and have been debating sb or skorn. this may do it!
was sb until just after 1.03, good memories.

YOOO my brothers! How you all been? Who wants my SS in my profile? Serious SnB's only, you will have the pleasure of wearing a piece in history and must promise to take good care of it, through adversity, hardships and monster slaying. Thou must shalt obey to the motto of one smart scholar by the name of Nikeboy and respect the shield at all costs, no matter what!

I need 10 replies quoting this post and pick a number 1-10, no duplicate numbers. I already have the number chosen. Winner will receive my sacred Storm Shield.
07/26/2013 07:31 PMPosted by BALLER
respect the shield

Yoh Baller why don't you stay a while?
all the old timers are going =(
luckly powpow/fabbyhunter came back and we have very strong steady members now

and my lucky number 7 =)

Didn't see the quote part

4!
reserving this slot for testing

snap shot of the give away gear
http://d3up.com/b/902664

snap shot of current gear (just for you Wannabee)
http://d3up.com/b/901013

question .. when you look at EHP is it the number up on top or is it the one that includes block and dodge?
Edited by QHTran#1403 on 7/27/2013 12:18 PM PDT
@QHTran ..one with block and dodge

Respect the shield!
Hi all, took some advice from a S/B barb and felt ok switching from a LS axe with no native crit to a sword with no LS but with native crit, see profile. Question is with around 1.5 bill what could i reasonably expect to purchase? A look on AH is just plain confusing. Any help would be appreciated.
Public thanks to bruce#1509, very helpful person.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]