Diablo® III

The WD Challenge! ***Part 2: Gearing***

The problem with hex, at least in the past patches, is that wiz can't proc from hexed mobs, for a high end wiz it is not a problem but for a budget wiz, that means half of the apoc and freeze is affected. Maybe bliz fixed the bug.

I believe this bug was fixed when they fixed the issue with damage not displaying when the hexed mob was hit.

Hex takes Kulle out of the fight completely. Sure so doesn't a CM but at the gear level these guys will be running Hex will be a nice back up for that fight and a constant boost in damage.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9425564/public-test-realm-patch-108-notes-updated-423-4-23-2013#bugfixes

Bug Fixes
•Fixed a bug preventing damage numbers from being displayed if a monster was affected by a spell such as Hex

Sounds like you misunderstood something which has since been fixed anyway?

Edit: @Neuron
Edited by Surijak#1957 on 7/23/2013 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9425564/public-test-realm-patch-108-notes-updated-423-4-23-2013#bugfixes

Bug Fixes
•Fixed a bug preventing damage numbers from being displayed if a monster was affected by a spell such as Hex

Sounds like you misunderstood something which has since been fixed anyway?

Edit: @Neuron

Nice they fixed the bug. Dmg number was not the real issue.
Cm wiz in the past could not proc cm or apoc from hexed mobs, which was a big headache for cm wiz in uber fight. Nowadays, players dont' feel it because SB is not permafreezable after patch 1.07. so doesn't matter whether you can proc from zk or not, it will pick up some players periodically. But back in 105 and 106, once wd hexed ZK, SB was more likely to break freeze since the cm proc was cut in half.

Anyway, I still think hex won't help much on uber fight as it only hex ZK and the killing time is dependent on SB.

From a cm wiz perspective, the best way will be simultaneous kill of both bosses. It is a lot easier to freeze two ubers than single target.

But if the rules are one build for all fights (ubers, azmodan, belial, etc) then we should actually test whether hex or MC is better.
Edited by Neuron#1807 on 7/23/2013 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
T ...you know when we're done here with this competition we should share our findings with newer WD's about gearing on a budget.
We are getting a lot of valuable info on gearing that others would appreciate.

Anyway just an idea.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 7/23/2013 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Maximus?
a good roll will have int, 200 CD and lifesteal (no socket). I have been looking for 1 myself...for weeks. So far only 1 dex version came up in AH... it's very unlikely that there will be one pop up out of sudden..and its not overpriced.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 7/23/2013 5:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a pretty good one on my enchantress...

http://imgur.com/Kdj0wsX

What day and time do you want it on the AH and how much....hahah

I mean...

Nothing happening here move along.
Reply Quote
What are the intentions for gear for each class? Have you picked out specific pieces you are going for or is it more open?
Reply Quote
@Tref
Remember to collect your 4beez from silverfire.
Reply Quote
It's quiet...too quiet.
Reply Quote
@rockon87
give me that sword !
Reply Quote
Hey guys, I've run a few basic numbers testing the edps of each team member given the approximate builds we've chosen (monk on group buff, wiz on freeze, and both wds on dps skills). This assumes all players have 200k paper dps and uber battles last 60 seconds. The monk does about 6% of the group damage, the wiz 10%, and the wds 42% each. The monk can easily remove some group buffs to add better spirit generators and some dps skills, but this ends up reducing the group dps. With a group buff build, adding 10k dps to one of the wds provides approximately the same dps output as adding 80k dps to the monk. Adding 10k dps to a wd is also about the same as 40k on the wiz.

It seems to be quite clear that most of the budget should be spent on the wds. But how much? Personally, I think the monk should be the cheapest, and the wiz should cost ~300-400m, with the rest on the wds.

I'll be online for most of the day tomorrow and will be looking to make a few purchases. If you're available, hop on Axon and join the group chat! I have received the gold from Morpheus so we need to get the gear sorted!
Reply Quote
i will be on all day today m8 if ya want a hand gearing. - is to freeakin cold to go outside
Reply Quote
View profile
what happening now?
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 10:47 AMPosted by EremiteAngel
what happening now?

lol i've been following these threads even on other classes as well lol. Would love to hear what the WD team would come up with....
Reply Quote
I believe they are quietly sniping gear now. After this phase will be the actually competition already.
Wishing them luck and good runs!
Reply Quote
@Trefnwyd
I was dead tired when you messaged me yesterday (actually it was 4am this morning...)
Hope I can have a chance to talk to you again on the "stuff" you mentioned.

(I was finishing up my barb at 4am ;p)
Reply Quote
Good Morning Guys

Tonight marks the end of the recruitment and gearing process and time to ramp things up. Can I trouble everyone to make a new team thread with a summary of what has happened so far in the OP eg
Teams members
Team composition choices and the reasoning why you chose your team composition
Tactics
Gearing: d3up or equivalent snapshot and an explanation of the sets would be great also.

And anything else you can think of. I’d probably remind everyone that there are 20B worth of gear and gold to give away at the end so their support would be appreciated.

Tomorrow I’ll start a new thread in General Discussions where the Leader Board will reside. This will link each of your home threads. Could I also trouble the teams to post their results on this thread and I’ll keep it updated. Please also note that I’ve updated the rules, especially in terms of the requirements to prevent gear swap snapshotting.

Oh, and feel free to have a good natured troll at everyone else too, time to have some fun:).
Reply Quote
Hey guys, my apologies for taking so long to reply. I wanted to get a post up last night but didn't have time. I'll have time to write a full post tonight.

For the record, here were the basic character setups.

Monk - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Trefnwyd-6696/hero/33133389

WD - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/REAPER666-1553/hero/27393110

Wiz - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Trefnwyd-6696/hero/4076773

There has been a small switch with the rules of the competition which quite drastically changes gearing. I'll outline everything in my post tonight, but you'll see the wd build is heavily focused on dps but not through critical damage. The WDs kept insta-killing themselves on Siege. Since we thought we had to use the same gear for all 3 ubers, we have deliberately gimped out CD (and overall dps) for all items. Now that we only need to gimp ourselves for Siege the gear setup changes completely. I relisted a bunch of items on last night and I'm hoping by the end of the day things will be back on track.

We're definitely not out, but we're a little behind. We'll have the videos in on time though!
Reply Quote
View profile
wait u guys are still buyin gear?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]