Diablo® III

Game Improvement Ideas?

Anyone who plays Diablo III knows that the game has many irritating issues that we all would like addressed. I want to know if there is a forum or area where we can go to input our ideas to the game developers on how we the users would like to see the game progress? For instance, why is it that you can't trade Demonic Essences or sell them to other players? Not everyone wants to craft items and those that do are hindered from doing so because of a low drop rate of the DE's. I have close to 1000 DE's and have no desire to waste my gold trying to craft an item that may or may not even be crafted!
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 07:21 AMPosted by Ranshi
I want to know if there is a forum or area where we can go to input our ideas to the game developers on how we the users would like to see the game progress?

no, there isnt a feedback and development forum. ive always wanted one since its an easy way to condense the ideas of the community into one location. then you dont have to worry about scouring every single post of irrelevant content in the general, class, and hardcore forums for ideas.

the upside to this kind of forum is the devs can post about what the current plans are for the next patch and ask for ideas on improving it before it even reaches the PTR. this gives them time to work on it and possibly make it better for the community. it also allows the blues in charge of development a forum to communicate with users about upcoming changes.

the downsides...
there are going to be a LOT of ideas floating around. in the game RIFT when i played it they had a forum similar to the idea presented. every now and then they would lock the forum (like how the PTR turns into read only) so that they could go through the ideas without anyone posting new things.

inevitably people will cry when their ideas are not chosen. just like now. i think its important to tell people that just because the idea wasnt in the current patch doesnt mean it wont be in the game. a lot of ideas just need to be discussed thoroughly.

For instance, why is it that you can't trade Demonic Essences or sell them to other players? Not everyone wants to craft items and those that do are hindered from doing so because of a low drop rate of the DE's. I have close to 1000 DE's and have no desire to waste my gold trying to craft an item that may or may not even be crafted!

BoA on the Demonic Essences was done intentionally. They were meant to be a counterbalance to the already in demand tradeable craft items. These were specifically focused at players without a lot of money to buy things.

I know how you feel about the DE's piling up. I dont have as many as you though because I have a tab of legendaries and its starting to spill over into craft materials tab. Anyway I have something like 400-500 of them. The ratio in which they are used is way to little. I dont even want to pick up the things anymore when I see them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]