Diablo® III

HotA/rend barbs, a few questions!

Hello,

I run a HotA/rend barb together with my friend who plays a monk with cyclone strike, this combo works great together.

Here is my profile:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Karokk-2441/hero/783992

Now some questions,

1. Is echoing fury a must for DW or can you get as good results with 2 good rares?
2. Any Hota/rend barb who doesn't run a fury generator? I thought of switching bash with OP or leap and then brawler for animosity.
3. What is in your opinion "the best" HotA/rend-build.
Reply Quote
1. EF isn't a must, but it frees up slots that you would otherwise have to dedicate to attack speed.

2. Not personally, but many do. There are plenty of examples amongst the common posters in this forum. I wouldn't recommend switching out brawler though. With the high monster density it's possible to keep it up much of the time, and it's such a big damage bonus. Even in low density areas you can usually position yourself close to 3 monsters.

3. Rend uses main hand damage, so both its damage and healing are better with a strong 2h weapon e.g. Skorn. DW's rends are less effective, but the fury management is simpler and the attacks are faster.
Reply Quote
I enjoy my build, it's relaxing to play. Ignore my stats, I have serious AH work to do, I just have other priorities atm.
Reply Quote
EF isn't a must. I used to run with Dual rare axes for HOTA /rend but that was long ago. I don't recommend running without a fury generator unless your CC for HOTA is 100% fully buffed and with a full fury globe.

3. Rend uses main hand damage, so both its damage and healing are better with a strong 2h weapon e.g. Skorn. DW's rends are less effective, but the fury management is simpler and the attacks are faster.

This is very true. If you're using Rend, it's best to remember to put the weapon with the most average damage in your MH (hopefully it's an axe or mace to take advantage of the wep mastery passive)
Reply Quote
I alternate between HOTA/Rend and WW/Rend build. Love them both and I'd like to combine them into one super-hybrid build but w/o a Fury generator I seem to be having trouble. Maybe I'm not used to the mechanics - or playing around enough - as I don't have a lot of patience. If you can get it to work efficiently and the game style is fluid, let me know.
Reply Quote
Ef is definitely not necessary. I used to use ef, but now with my 2 solid rare weapons I feel like I'm doing way more dps not chasing elites around. Due to smash's high proc rate even a low fear % ef will keep things running if your primary attack is hota. I personally like running bash punish, hota smash, br itf, op ks, wrath toc, and rend bloodlust. Bloodlust really improves survivability and I wouldn't run mp10 without it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]