Diablo® III

Expansion: Inarius and Lilith

Option 1:

Prime Evils are GONE. Forever. Now the Burning Hells are in chaos. Inarius and Lilith break free and plan on taking over the Burning Hells/Sacntuary/High Heavens.

Option 2:

Same as option 1, but with a slight twist: the prime evils come back and join the fight against inarius and lilith.

Seriously, there is no way Inarius or/and Lilith aren't going to be in the next expansion, since they focused so much on the "nephalem" idea. The Worldstone was the source of power for Inarius, I know, but something else may have happened to him thanks to its destruction...
Edited by Zero#12405 on 7/22/2013 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I killed Lilith in D2. But that's a side note.

I don't think either of these characters will be in the expansion. Simply, they have to have so much more game to add two new characters - and these two would only make sense to be bosses. The Expansion will be one Act. So expect a single Mid-Boss and a Final Boss.

Imperius and Diablo
Adria and Imperius
Tethametatutunkamunwhateverhisnameis. and Imperius
Frozenstein and Kelly Ripka

All these choices have their own merits and fit fan happiness. Inarius and Lilith are two characters that have just "been around" for awhile now - they've never had a reason to put them into the games and nobody from my understanding, is looking forward to facing them (over the above duos, that is.)

If they went with Inarius and Lilith, I for one would be pissed, saying, "Where's Imperius? We've only been hinting at one of the ArchAngels being evil for what? 13 years now?"

I'm pissed that they didn't run with Tyreal being a baddie, considering The WorldStone. It would have been so simple to claim that in actuality, The World Stone didn't need destroying. But no, let's go with Azmodan - or as I call him: Vag-Face.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 11:02 PMPosted by ScurvyJoe
I'm pissed that they didn't run with Tyreal being a baddie, considering The WorldStone. It would have been so simple to claim that in actuality, The World Stone didn't need destroying. But no, let's go with Azmodan - or as I call him: Vag-Face.

If the worldstone gets corrupted, the demons can pretty much be the gods of sanctuary and change stuff as much as they like, that's why Tyrael destroyed it...

The Expansion will be one Act.

source?

If they went with Inarius and Lilith, I for one would be pissed, saying, "Where's Imperius? We've only been hinting at one of the ArchAngels being evil for what? 13 years now?"

He could easily be involved in a conflict with the nephalem or Inarius/Lilith

I killed Lilith in D2. But that's a side note.

That was not part of the story, it was just Pandemonium event.

And by the way, if the eternal conflict has to come to an end, it will be with those who started it: Inarius and Lilith. We have all the pieces together: the destruction of the world stone, the nephalem returning, the burning hells in chaos, making it possible to those 2 bastards to escape... etc
Reply Quote
My source for there being only one act is D2. Why would they diverge from that?
Reply Quote
Bartuc: The Warlord of Blood, Adria, and Imperius.
Reply Quote
why wouldn't they? and why wouldn't they make more than 1 expansion as well? you know, games dont follow cake recipes...
Reply Quote
It's been the set standard - I don't see why they would diverge from the standard. D3 isnt a subscription based game. I can't imagine them bothering with more than 1 expansion. If you figure there's about 3M people who still log on - probably half of them are willing to buy an expansion. 1.5M people for 2 years of Dev is plenty enough. A SECOND expansion though? That'd probably be 3/4 of the people who bought the original expansion. I don't see them working another 2 years on 1M people. For a large company it just seems to be piddly for them, a waste of dev time for other things.

Basically, they make 1 expansion for non-subscription as a service. Other than that, they've got bigger fish to fry.

Cake recipes follow logic because they're meant to be a standard idea for a profitable product. By that, games do follow cake recipes :) Just thought i'd jest.
Reply Quote
There are many mistakes here...

Option 1:Prime Evils are GONE. Forever. Now the Burning Hells are in chaos. Inarius and Lilith break free and plan on taking over the Burning Hells/Sacntuary/High Heavens.Option 2:Same as option 1, but with a slight twist: the prime evils come back and join the fight against inarius and lilith.Seriously, there is no way Inarius or/and Lilith aren't going to be in the next expansion, since they focused so much on the "nephalem" idea. The Worldstone was the source of power for Inarius, I know, but something else may have happened to him thanks to its destruction...

Inarius is an Angel, Lilith is a Demon. They made babies, us, the Nephalems.

07/23/2013 07:59 AMPosted by Zero
If the worldstone gets corrupted, the demons can pretty much be the gods of sanctuary and change stuff as much as they like, that's why Tyrael destroyed it...

The reason why Baal wanted to corrupt the Worldstone was to influence us, the Worldstone was linked to us, they binded our powers. If he could corrupt it, he could corrupt us, making us destroy the High Heavens, not become gods.

And with the whole expansion talks, they've said from the begining that there was plans on doing TWO expansions, not only one.
I can not for the life of me find the source on that, but that was their original plan and i see blizzard sticking to it.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 10:43 AMPosted by Zero
The Worldstone was the source of power for Inarius, I know, but something else may have happened to him thanks to its destruction...

And no, the Worldstone is "the Eye of Anu". Its not the source of power of any Angel as far as we know.

Both Inarius and Lilith used the Worldstone to create sanctuary to avoid the war between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]