Diablo® III

TriGen Build Discussion and Guide

TriGen is a cookie-cutter build that uses three different spirit generators plus the passive Combination Strike to maximize DPS.

The build is best utilized versus bosses and ubers as it excels in single target damage.

You can find in-depth information about the build and gearing choices for it here:
http://bannedofgamers.com/index.php?threads/guide-video-guide-trigen.174/

*The link above is not meant in any way to endorse or advertise the site associated with the link. The fan site associated with the aforementioned link is free to use and does not profit financially in any way from its users and is solely for the purpose of benefit to battle.net and its user base.

We are the Banned of Gamers.
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 2/1/2014 1:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Reserved
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 11/4/2013 5:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Reserved.
Reply Quote
Reserved
Reply Quote
jus trolling.
Reply Quote
first?

edit: fu edzmond, beat me by 1 second.....
Edited by jxfuller#1507 on 7/22/2013 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I WIN.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 05:11 PMPosted by edzmond
jus trolling.

That kid.

07/22/2013 05:11 PMPosted by jxfuller
first?

That kid's sidekick.
Reply Quote
is it over we can post now?
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 05:34 PMPosted by KamelJabber
is it over we can post now?

You already posted!!

Thanks for the guide Fitz. Good write up!
Edited by KimSulki84#1308 on 7/22/2013 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I still have to record the video, but I think the bulk of the work is done. Please make suggestions for improvements and I will be happy to include appropriate ones.

Enjoy!
Reply Quote
Looks good Fitz, as usual, you're as organized as you are informative. Now, how about a dual-gen guide? ;)
Reply Quote
ooh. adding to the resume huh? ;)
Reply Quote
Eh, just get sick of playing sometimes so I write guides instead.

Weird, I know.
Reply Quote
I feel like i forum more than play nowadays, so not weird in my eyes. The game gets tedious.. there is always way more exploration on the forum than in game adn that exploration benefits game play in turn for all monks who learn from such guides. so gj keeping the game alive, in a sense!
Reply Quote
You have to refresh Foresight's third-strike bonus every 30 seconds.
Reply Quote
Hy Fitz.
Would you recommend this build for 2h or Shield ? I find it a little difficult to run combo with a slow weapon.

Errata : I think Blazing Fists buff every 5 seconds not 3.

"Mantra of Conviction: Overawe Rune – 48% buff when spammed. Nothing competes for damage output like this does."
I'm going to be obnoxious here. Solo, bell gives more damage/spirit spent than Overawe.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 07:35 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
You have to refresh Foresight's third-strike bonus every 30 seconds.

Doh! Good eyes. Thanks.

Hy Fitz.
Would you recommend this build for 2h or Shield ? I find it a little difficult to run combo with a slow weapon.

It could work with anything really. I have seen someone with a 2hander pull it off. Best with high aps though, so fits DW nicely.

07/22/2013 07:36 PMPosted by GAK

I'll test. I usually do a 4 count which would be 0-1-2-3, but maybe I am off.

07/22/2013 07:36 PMPosted by GAK
I'm going to be obnoxious here. Solo, bell gives more damage/spirit spent than Overawe.

I meant for mantras. I will adjust. Overawe lasts 3 seconds and gives 24% more damage than not spamming. At 250k that would be just under 2mil damage (on average) for 50 spirit with this build. If you are geared for this build correctly, at that dps you would not be getting anywhere near a 2mil bell, which costs 75 spirit. With certain gear sets though, you are certainly correct.

EDIT: Of course you may be able to spam more than 1 Bell in that 3 seconds, and Bells hit more than one target, so in actuality during normal farming, you are correct!
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 7/23/2013 3:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This build is one I have earmarked as a possible MP10 Belial killer. Way outside of my comfort zone, but hopefully with a little practice I can give it an honest go. Thanks for the write-up Fitz.
Reply Quote
Posted by GAK

I'll test. I usually do a 4 count which would be 0-1-2-3, but maybe I am off.

It is 5 seconds but it's easiest to just refresh everytime you spam your Mantra.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]