Diablo® III

What does a set of MP7 gear cost?

Also, how much for MP10?
Reply Quote
Just search for good deals on AH. www.viciouscattle.com go to the forums, and then go to class discussion. There is a list for each class of best in slot gear with perfect stats. Search the AH for comparable items, filter by time left and bid away. You can pick up some pretty decent gear for super cheap if you are on a budget.

Also, the same site offers a WW budget gearing guide for different MPs in a video. Check that out too. They go through the entire searching and buying process, explaining what they looked for and how much they spent. Most of the time they stay under 8 million or so.

Hope that helps.
Reply Quote
its difficult to say without letting us know your budget. the peeps here have built MP10 certified barbs on the lowest budgets you can ever possibly imagine. my advice is to work on your eHP and survivability first before focusing on your dps.

some basic milestones for your barb to hit before venturing into higher MPs

50k HP
450 AR
5.5k armour
5% LS
33% CC
x amount of attack speed depending on which BP you are looking for.
Reply Quote
I don't have a budget. I'm thinking of buying some gold and want to get an idea of how much I would need.

I see guides saying you need 50M just for a basic starter set. I got mine for 5M. But I find it a lot harder to get great deals on higher level items and I'm getting tired of playing the AH.
Reply Quote
which spec are you looking at?
Reply Quote
07/24/2013 11:42 AMPosted by Jer
which spec are you looking at?

Whirlwind
Reply Quote
View profile
well gold is cheap now days. looks like about 27 cents per 10 mill. so 27 bucks for 1 billion.
you could make a fairly decent barb for 200-300 mill, but if you have the extra to buy gold with. may as well have as much as you feel comfortable investing.
id suggest getting 200-300 mill at least. but you could give yourself alot more breathing room with 1 billion.
Reply Quote

id suggest getting 200-300 mill at least. but you could give yourself alot more breathing room with 1 billion.

Is that for MP10? I think I'd be satisfied with MP7.
Reply Quote
View profile
you could technically survive mp 10 and play it with less. but if your ok with mp 7.
id still try to get what is affordable in gold.
id still shoot for 200 mill. looking at about 5.40 USD
you would be able to do mp 10 but 7-8 would be your target farming lvl anyhow.

you will craft an amulet / shoulders/ then gear around necessary stats.
could use a couple of your current items, but also need to know. are you planning to dual wield, or stay with skorn?
you said planning for doing whirlwind. you doing a WW hota hybrid or pure WW double nado build?

Edit: Also your not using ruthless for the extra 5%CC and 50% CD. your losing alot of extra dmg without that passive.
Edited by InnerTurmoil#1378 on 7/24/2013 12:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just made a ww set to give away for under 2m. I did a run on mp7 to test it and killed elites and didn't die.
Reply Quote
you will craft an amulet / shoulders/ then gear around necessary stats.

I did some crafting when the new recipes first came out. I have the impression that you need a lot more than 200M for a set if it includes crafting unless you are lucky.

are you planning to dual wield, or stay with skorn?

I have no idea.

you said planning for doing whirlwind. you doing a WW hota hybrid or pure WW double nado build?

Not sure yet. I just started WW and it seems like HOTA is really useful for elites. I also don't want to feel pressured about keeping up WOTB all the time.

Also your not using ruthless for the extra 5%CC and 50% CD. your losing alot of extra dmg without that passive.

I was using ruthless but switched it for unforgiving because I'm questing thru Inferno and have a lot of down time when I lose all my fury. I'll switch back to ruthless once I start farming.
Reply Quote
Should be 2mil to start. Mp10 would be 70 mil. The gear are the same but with better stats.
Reply Quote
you can add my battle tag if you need gearing service.
Reply Quote
View profile
@ lupon and Highlife.
true we can make a gear set to not die in MP 10 for cheap.. but sitting there for more than a few seconds on white mobs and taking forever on elites isnt fun. its boring.

@ sync. mostly amulet and shoulders is the main crafts. you can get luck or make 40-50 before getting something decent. but the costs of crafting isnt that huge. and your not going to try to play lotto crafting all your gear. with ammys its 100k per ammy craft, plus mats. lets say 150k per.
1.5 mill makes 10 ammies then. you'll probably craft 50ish to get a decent one to start off. maybe get one within less if lucky.
so 7.5 to -8 mill .. similiarly with shoulders crafting you dont really blow a chunk of gold.

also , being unsure what build your going after can make things a bit harder to give advice on.
but your still looking to get to a goal of 50% crit, 500+ resist all , 50k+ hp , 5000+ armor
and about 200+K dmg for mp 10. but you can slide a bit on the HP res all and dmg for lower mp.
also while questing. you should still be using ruthless and weapons master. the dmg output and fury generation is higher. crits gain fury from your battlerage into the fray. your actually limiting your fury gen.

with your current build you should be just bashing and taking hits for fury gen to start while popping your warcry. then ww/sprint drop tornadoes. and save HoTa for elites.
with weapon master and ruthless your crits from HoTa will proc fury return as well. and you throw in a bash or 2 as fury gets low and go back to hota.
you have 24% crit on gear, battle rage gives 3 for 27%, ruthless gives 5 for 32% total. then weapons master gives 10% for axe/mace for total of 42%

meaning 42% of your damaging attacks, proc fury. alot faster regen than unforgiving. which gives only 2 fury per sec.

but when your ready. you can add me, let me know what times your available, and ill help you build a set of gear for your budget range. theres many out there making cheap weak dps barbs who can survive MP 10, and several low to mid range barbs doing fairly well for 200mill - ish.

those of us who have billions into gear melt the mobs like butter on a hot pan.
but i think a good 150-200 mill makes for a decently built barb damage-wise and survivability-wise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]