Diablo® III

300M budget 200K dps can it be done?

Hey need some help, you can tell I just got into the magical wizard world. Geared my wizard up with 150M so far. But I want to reach 200K dps, my current budget is only 300M. I know it is not alot, and I can't do it by myself, that's why I want some expert opinions.
Edited by zefni#1382 on 7/18/2013 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
With what kind of EHP and Mitigation?
Reply Quote
No.

but great job so far I must say. I'd rag all over your mitigation but that's already the old me as I've dropped 2% in a matter of hours mwahha - you got decent EHP for your budget I say! Infact your mitigation for your budget is good too. You're on your way man just won't reach 200k with 300M in fact you can reach it for 600M and you wouldn't like your sustain/survivability at all.

I'd go the route of continuing on your EHP journey while adding more CC. Settle for around 175k for now.

That's a nice Nat's ring..not quite sure how you snagged that with your budget but GJ!
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 7/18/2013 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh that ring came from my monk, she is almost half naked. A lot of the stuff are from monk. So I guess 150M + maybe 100 M monk gear. I got that ring before the the gold dup. It was only 20M.

My question is, should I drop the storm crow and get a crit mempo(3.5%cc) + Chantodo force with APC and maybe AR Tal Rasha's chest (i have one with 45 all resis). That way I can hit 2.74 breakpoint. Do you guys think this will improve my dps or dps multiplier?
Edited by zefni#1382 on 7/18/2013 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Well, yeah, that's pretty much impossible.

When we had the SC/Mempo competition each team was given 1B and ended up with wizards with about 180K DPS and 88-89% mit.

And that's with a bunch of people working the AH for 1d10h BIN's and BID's.

About another 1B and you could probably take that 1B up to 200k DPS.

Now...that was for a 2.73 set because Ubers was part of the competition. Things are a little different if you're only running at 2.5 for farming. The math changes and becomes easier...I just don't know how much easier. In general, you need to get your INT up toward 3000. Not only does that give you more DPS, but also would be an extra 70 AR (for "free"!!!) .

You need things like:
BT pants: AR instead or armor. Or, if you're doing armor, make sure its 750+
WH: needs to be 45+CD. With over 100 INT.
ammy: your min/max roll is worth the same as having 85CD. However, you need 85CD PLUS min/max or a large INT roll
gloves: somehow get over T&T and get trifecta + AR + high INT
Lacunis: add AR
shoulders: well over 200 INT

Yeah...its tough to do at low paragon, since you need to stack VIT to keep your life up. But, that's the reality.

Good luck
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
If you're just farming then I'd probably stick with 2.5. If you want to do ubers, then you'll need to get to 2.73. Even better, if you're doing ubers with a group, just keep a "cheap" triammy and Nats chest in the stash.....bring it out for just that occasion to reach 2.73 and gear toward mit to stay alive.

If wiz is going to be your main toon, and you'll be playing her the most, I think you'll end up happier with 2.73 beacuse the freeze and LoH return is better...more survivability. Some people may disagree. I won't fight back too hard though.....2.5's not that bad.

And, technically, moving up to the 2.73 breakpoint will actually make your multiplier a little worse (by about 10% or so). Each breakpoint has its +'s and -'s.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 7/18/2013 11:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
IC, I do want to go to farm uber eventually. Maybe i should have 2 sets of gear, one for uber and one for xp farming.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
I used to have 2 sets a long time ago. I had a 2.73 set with about 50cc....but with a tri ammy and lacunis i could reach 3.01. Now I get a good enough freeze with 56% that I don't really need to do 3.01 anymore.

But, yeah, no shame in having two sets to switch between. It becomes a little expensive maybe, lol.

Interestingly, you are wearing five 9's and one 8 IAS items. That means that you can reach 2.73 by simply switching to a 1.79 wand. Pricey, yes. But then you only have to have one piece of gear to switch out instead of 2.

Likewise, If I wanted to get to 2.5 just for farming I could use a 1.64 OS Will and add 30k DPS. Thing is, if you're doing ubers with a group, you are not there necessarially for the DPS, but rather for the freeze and party buffs. So, to an extent, getting the cheapest 1.79 Chant Will would get the job done. Having one with more DPS is "nice" but not necessarily necessary.

Choices, choices.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 7/18/2013 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/18/2013 11:32 AMPosted by zefni
IC, I do want to go to farm uber eventually. Maybe i should have 2 sets of gear, one for uber and one for xp farming.

DING DING DING! Different skills and different gear work for different encounters.

I think 200k unbuffed dps isn't impossible for 300m. As long as you fore-go leeching, EHP, MF/GF on items, I think it can be done.

As for whether a complete glass cannon like that would WORK in an actual game, is a different story. I suppose if someone else tanked, and it was under MP7 you would be OK.

Edit: Oops. topic was for 300M, not 150M.. for sure it can be done for 300M!
Edited by Lammy#1905 on 7/18/2013 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
200k was definitely easier to reach initially when I dropped down to 2.51, and it works perfectly fine for farming (single mobs stuttered a bit more than with 2.73 but it wasn't unmanageable). Back then I had a 1.79 wand that I could swap to to reach 2.73 with no no other gear swaps required and it worked pretty well for me. Obviously it came at a big dps loss, but so long as your teammates can make it up it's not a big deal.
Reply Quote
To make a 300M set that does 200k unbuffed dps, here are some Money-Saver tips:

1. Don't get socketed Chanto Will. Instead get one with built in 65+ crit damage. Saves you gold on an expensive emerald, plus about 30M for the weapon. Generally more dps for the dollar.

2. Don't get 'trifecta IAS/CC/CD' on a SINGLE item (but do get a balance of it, overall). For gloves, neck and rings, focus on 2 of these stats at a time, with a good primary and/or some min/max damage. Most people over-pay on these 3 on a single item, oblivious to the fact they don't produce as much damage as a high primary stat item with 2 of these would. They pay more, for a less effective item.

3. Get Zuni 2 piece bonus.

4. Don't get bonus AR, armor, loh, mf, gf, vit, life%, ls, apoc, as secondary stats on anything. It will hurt your budget. Of course, if you come across something with these extra stats for just a tiny bit more cost, go for it.

5. Nat 2 piece bonus, if there's int rolled item deals. Obviously you want the int ring, with CD (Since you will be getting 7 crit bonus). A nat's helm with 5+ crit and 100 int is almost free too. Do not get those stupid nats boots tho. They are just so bad by themselves. Compared to Zuni boots, going with nats boots offsets the 7 crit bonus gain, they are THAT bad.

6. Innas pants, with some int. Very cheap item, still very good dps.

7. Don't use radiant+ gems, they will eat too much of your budget, go with the ones 1-2 notches below.

8. Tals chest isn't a 'must have' the IAS bonus is not as important as the nat or zuni bonus. If you have to go with a zuni chest, then don't fret about it.

9. 200+ int bracers with 5+ CC is going to outperform lacunis with 80int and 5CC. Might save a few more million there too.
Edited by Lammy#1905 on 7/18/2013 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
With a slorak's and oculus, I was at around 180k dps, 71%ET CC, total outlay around 600m.

If you're going the chant's route, you'll need to camp the AH looking for good deals. I picked up my source for 45m (the owner probably meant to enter 450m.) My wand was around 100m (I searched for high int wands only to get a few more dps for free.)

Basically you have to decide if you want to spend say $25 for a billion gold and start playing your 200k dps char sooner, or camp the AH for days with your 300m gold and find the lucky stuff (or do both -- my gloves were really cheap...)
Reply Quote
I think it's possible for 500m to get 200k at 2.51 breakpoint with fairly good mit, but it's pretty hard without buying the gold. 300m is a stretch. It's much harder at 2.76.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
07/18/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Lammy
Do not get those stupid nats boots tho. They are just so bad by themselves.

Um, not sure about this. Yeah, the its tough to get 100 INT and 100 VIT, but either, or a combination is not bad. Plus, its easy to find ones that are 600+Armor and 75+ AR. And the ones with Double dex are nice for dodge. And the damage fron mele attacks is huge. Not as good as -elite reduction, maybe. And the MS. Yeah...they're not gonna do much for your epeen DPS number, but they're great for helping with mit....and then intanglibles as well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
i got a full archon wizz for sale i can do 300million 250k dps buffed 200 unbuffed 43k life 600 all res

Jared#1756
Edited by Jared#1756 on 7/18/2013 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/18/2013 01:53 PMPosted by PieHole
Do not get those stupid nats boots tho. They are just so bad by themselves.

Um, not sure about this. Yeah, the its tough to get 100 INT and 100 VIT, but either, or a combination is not bad. Plus, its easy to find ones that are 600+Armor and 75+ AR. And the ones with Double dex are nice for dodge. And the damage fron mele attacks is huge. Not as good as -elite reduction, maybe. And the MS. Yeah...they're not gonna do much for your epeen DPS number, but they're great for helping with mit....and then intanglibles as well.

Perhaps in a practical sense they are better, but the idea is 200k dps for 300m.. I am assuming the OP isn't trying to be a tank at that budget. I don't think he specified he wanted to tank, or was concerned with mit. If it was implied, then I change my answer to 'its not possible'.
Reply Quote
If your focusing on 2.51.

Get nat set combo with Zuni ring + chest.

Fill the rest with survivability and dps.

Great suggestion with the crit damage Wand instead of socket.

Will need storm crow + non apoc force of course.

Lacunis with AR to round yourself out.

Don't skimp on defensive stats for 300m. Your at a lower breakpoint where life returns are lower and your more open to attacks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]