Diablo® III

comp will not run d3 at all..tried everything

i have an old compaq computer but its updated to 2.9gig ram, 2.2 gh processor but it has windows xp still and my monitor is about 8 or 9 years old, even blizz couldnt figure out why it wont run d3, anybody got some advice, i was told to take the computer to bestbuy but that will be pricey, i think i jus need a new monitor or graphics card in general
Reply Quote
Check that if you are running service pack 3 for Win XP.

New monitor won't mean anything if you cannot even run it.

Specify the GPU and CPU info.
Reply Quote
i am running service pack 3 and all drivers are up to date its saying, i think i need either a new monitor or a new graphics card which isnt in my budget rite now, decent ones are $100+ now
Reply Quote
07/21/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Outrage420
i am running service pack 3 and all drivers are up to date its saying, i think i need either a new monitor or a new graphics card which isnt in my budget rite now, decent ones are $100+ now

Monitor has nothing to do with it. If there is an issue it would be the graphics card.

I would do a clean install if you haven't. Is the game not launching at all or it gives you an error?
Reply Quote
it says graphics card doesnt support d3, im usin a hella old one, it most likely is graphics card i jus wish it wasnt cuz im broke
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 06:32 AMPosted by Outrage420
it says graphics card doesnt support d3, im usin a hella old one, it most likely is graphics card i jus wish it wasnt cuz im broke

Most likely? It IS the graphics card. Can't get any more black and white than that.

What make/model is it?
Reply Quote
amd radeon 200 series i think its 32 bit , i need 64 huh?
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 08:36 AMPosted by Outrage420
amd radeon 200 series i think its 32 bit , i need 64 huh?

You mean ATI Radeon R200 series. If so, these cards are 9-10 years old. No way they can run D3.

32/64 bit refers to the memory bus, which is pretty low by today's standards.

It's highly likely that your current card uses an AGP or PCI (non-express) connection to the motherboard, for which finding such cards that can run D3 at all will be hard. At worst, you will need a whole new computer.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 7/23/2013 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
it would be a waste of money to try and upgrade ur piece of crap comp. if u do ur only going to run this game at like 20 fps on low

just a waste man you need an entire new comop
Reply Quote
Outrage420, instead of spending all your money on Pot you could buy a computer that will last you the next seven years for $600.

EDIT: Marijuwana's correct spelling is censored, lul.
Edited by Spagetto#1419 on 7/26/2013 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]