Diablo® III

Stuck with upgrading equipment

Hey guys, as of now i'm stuck with trying to upgrade my gears. Currently have a 1.4B budget for the next upgrade so are there any pointers to help me out here?
Reply Quote
Inna's Vast Expanse. The 5-6% melee reduce along with a higher Armor rating and Dex makes it superior to Natalya's Embrace when choosing the +130 Dex set bonus (unless you need the skill bonus).

Currently there is one for 300M:

432 Armor
187 Dex
233 Vit
12% Life
6% Melee Reduce

Which would be a DPS and EHP Boost. Just shop around, as my example was a quick pick.

E: I punched it into D3UP and it said you would lose 728HP which is worth 1581.9EHP (more than easily countered by the melee reduce) and you would gain 2362.81DPS.
Edited by iTzSnypah#1696 on 7/24/2013 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I basically scanned thru your gears and you are well geared and at the stage where every upgrade will cost a bomb. The next upgrade for every slot may be your permanent upgrade so you need to be very careful.

If I m you, I would just improve my crafting especially to get a 6 CC bracer unless i have billions to burn. The 1st item that I will consider upgrading is Manti and it will cost you at least 5-8 bil.
Reply Quote
better nat's ring.
Reply Quote
and why did you buy a inna's chest... you have enuf ehp.
should switch to cloak w/ DH skill.
Reply Quote
i too am stuck :( No one is selling me anything.

and i m always too slow on AH. T.T
Edited by Killua#1993 on 7/26/2013 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
First, off your gear is very solid.

The next step I would take, if I were in your shoes, would be to track down a Deadman's Legacy that offers you a useful skill boost.

Your current DML is very nice, as it has perfect CC, 290+ Dex, and a monster Vit roll, but you are missing out on the skill bonus (unless you use Multishot a lot). If you find that you rely heavily on Rapid Fire, then a bonus to its crit chance is an extremely useful stat.

As Cameo said, you are at the point where any piece you upgrade to will likely be your permanent/end-game piece, so the areas for improvement are going to be slim.
Reply Quote
07/24/2013 11:16 PMPosted by iTzSnypah
Inna's Vast Expanse. The 5-6% melee reduce along with a higher Armor rating and Dex makes it superior to Natalya's Embrace when choosing the +130 Dex set bonus (unless you need the skill bonus).

Please..

Don't give out such advice please..

TQ
Reply Quote
View profile
i too am stuck :( No one is selling me anything.

and i m always too slow on AH. T.T

I has upgrade 4 u.
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 10:49 AMPosted by SwSw

Please..

TQ

too late....
Reply Quote
I'm in a smiliar situation as the OP.

07/26/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Killua

Please..

TQ

too late....

So I've been wondering if Inna's chest will be a better upgrade for me or not (i have many variable nat cloaks, not high end though)
I was thinking if I should invest to get a high end inna's chest. But seemingly, top DH's in this forum beg to differ. So is eHp not worth the investment or is it just that max disc/skill is that much better?
Any helpful sugguestion would be grateful for me as well!
Thanks.
Reply Quote
View profile
Discipline is what makes you a demon hunter. If you don't feel the need of your discipline you are not playing the full potential of the class. The cloak adds skill bonus which is a good dps booster that you will never find on a monk set.

profile dps is not everything.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 7/26/2013 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Discipline is what makes you a demon hunter. If you don't feel the need of your discipline you are not playing the full potential of the class. The cloak adds skill bonus which is a good dps booster that you will never find on a monk set.

profile dps is not everything.

I just wanted an upgrade, not a "profile dps". But yes, I agree WHOLE HEARTEDLY that the profile dps is not everything and did I ever say it was. I was simply comparing eHp vs max disc, since that's where inna's chest excell in, not dex (I thought Inna and natalya have same dex maximum? So what paper dps? Or was that just a random general statement?)
I apologize if I wasn't clear.
Edited by Iscariot#1538 on 7/26/2013 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
07/26/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Iscariot
was that just a random general statement

general but not random

in other words it will be "hunt or be hunted"
Reply Quote
I'll agree that Nat's cloak is better than Inna's, unless you aren't using any of the skills that you'd get a bonus for in which case it's a toss up possible edge to Inna's. Hatred regen is also really nice in Nat's cloak as is disc if you are a heavy disc user.

I think gearing choices depend on the player. How comfortable are you with your survivability at the MP level you like playing? Are you doing speed runs on MP2 and don't need the EHP, or are you running MP10 and dying and feel like you need more EHP? Are you not dying at all and feel like you need more DPS to clear faster? It's a personal choice.

If I had your gear I'd be looking to upgrade my EHP, not my DPS. I'd be looking for rings that provide similar or better DPS but that also have AR or vitality. The other option is just to get a 9/4.5 Mempo, although yours has great dex/life/ar/armor rolls so that might not be your best option. I also think you could search for a trifecta AS/CC/CD Nat's ring and maybe find a good deal, but you might have to save a bit to get a 2B ring.
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 02:30 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
was that just a random general statement

general but not random

in other words it will be "hunt or be hunted"

Ok, you've lost me.

I would appreciate it if you care to elaborate further.
Edited by Iscariot#1538 on 7/26/2013 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Iscariot

Hatred = damage
Discipline = Hatred
Discipline = defense, tactics (hunting abilities and battle field control) = damage
Discipline shorten your time between mobs. Discipline can be used to create traps to cluster up mobs. Discipline is used to quickly refill your Hatred in battle. It is also your easiest way to increase survivability with damage reduction and dodge.

Natalya's Embrace will never roll the same dex and vit as a Inna's Vast but it got other "things" that will benefit your game play. IMO 30 dis is never enough, 40 is a bit low, 50 seems alright, and 60 is good. Discipline is not the only thing you are looking for in gearing. And a +2 random Nat gives you a better option. You want something like a Inquisitor for defensive stat and not just vit or dex.

tbh you don't need the discipline roll on the cloak. If you are going to use a soj and a quiver you can pick them up there. The most you will get off a dml is +130dex/vit over the basic maximum roll. A nata cloak can roll +260 dex/vit which is higher than what you can get on a dml. Pick up a 3pc bonus and drop 1 perfect dex/vit roll for all resist or life regeneration and with a 4pc bonus gain the +20 discipline.

Compare this cloak to a inna chest with 80 all resist you lose 6% melee reduction but with 30 additional dex/vit if you pick to have 1 perfect dex/vit + 80 all resist and the additional skill bonus. IMO nata cloak is a win win pick as you have a lot more choice when you own a very decent one.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 7/26/2013 10:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]