Diablo® III

How to up my monk damge ?

I'm not rich, but if you guys could give me a good idea of what would be the next biggest upgrade for my monk and most beneficial for my gold.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/devilzownz-1438/hero/1750619

Thanks You Very Much.
Reply Quote
You're at the point where I'd think about dropping OWE. To start, I'd look to replace nats boots with 250/60+ version. I'd also say your WH is relatively weak compared to the rest of your gear.
Very nice char.
Reply Quote
sorry what is OWE stand for ? and what is WH ?
Reply Quote
OWE is the monks passice One with Everything.
Reply Quote
Hi, in many ways we are very similar.
Have you considered an attack speed unity like mine? You will lose of course that nice resistance on your ring. Would have to make up for it somewhere. The Unity gives 10k more damage vs elites (d3up.com) and the bonus loh is useful.

Also over time you might want more ls on your weapons while retaining the good damage that your weapons currently have ... it will be pricey though as you well know.

As you stand now, I don't imagine you have to much problem doing mp10.
Reply Quote
thank for the advice ... what is wh btw ... if I drop my OWE what passive should I use than ?
Reply Quote
devil.. you should use combo strike.. then when you figure out WoL is better... you'll want either exalted soul or beacon.

for quick increase of damage in groups loose pacifism -- Guiding light is well appreciated.

also.. why is it showing 6k armor you definitely do not have that much.

lastly.. def dont need 2 LS weapons.. -- trade ef for 3% + buy something like my MH i dont use atm 1.51 aps 1205 95% crit open socket
Reply Quote
WH = Witching Hour.
When I say think about dropping OWE I meant that you have good damage and 2 life steal weapons, so if you get another item (or two) with All Resist, you'll have enough defense and will be able to drop OWE in favor of another passive... Having to use 2 or even 3 defensive passives as a monk is a shame, we have so many good ones we'd rather use!
Reply Quote
I would think that a monk who has 300k dps and paragon 100 should know what OWE and WH stand for................... unless their character was bought....
Reply Quote
07/16/2013 09:46 AMPosted by jxfuller
I would think that a monk who has 300k dps and paragon 100 should know what OWE and WH stand for................... unless their character was bought....

300k buffed*** xD
Reply Quote
is short from . and i don't use always post . pls do not judge people by its cover!
Reply Quote
Get an average damage ring (quadfecta + avg), you can probably squeeze 10-15K DPS upgrade out of that without spending much over your current ring.

07/16/2013 09:46 AMPosted by jxfuller

Power is utterly fungible in this game--by which I of course mean you will buy all/most of your upgrades. This doesn't neccessarily mean credit card warrior, because the other important aspect of that is that as more and more gear is added to the market, certain stat thresholds become cheaper and cheaper to get. After a certain amount of time, even insane stats are really cheap to get. Anecdotally, most of the people I've seen with better gear than myself have a fraction of the kills.

All of which is to say, don't be surprised if everyone doesn't know everything.
Edited by Zeriel#1544 on 7/17/2013 12:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
One last thing, since we are both cold resistance monks I may have found an upgrade. I'm always on the lookout for AH items and found
a very good cold resistance ring in the Real Money Auction House. I don't know it's name because I cannot log into the game from where I am but saw it posted yesterday. Not that you should buy it but it will give you an idea of what's out there. I am torn whether or not to bid because I would lose loh and elite bonus on the Unity ring while gaining dps damage and the extra cold res.
Reply Quote
The one I was referring to is no longer there, but there are 3 other good ones with cold res.
The cheapest is Damnation Ward ... it gives me +2k dps over my Unity, For you it gives +19.7k which is significant, but if you check it out you can see other stats drop (all resistance, vitality).
As always with a gear change at your advanced level it's give and take.

Anyway, good luck as I am in the same situation as you are .... looking for gear upgrades. I will most likely find them in a better Mempo, amulet and weapons, but it will be in the billions. I tried crafting but after losing 50 million I panicked and went back to the auction house and farming of course (that's how my best drop ever came about - my level 60 gloves).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]