Diablo® III

Monk is too squishy...Need advice.

Most of my gear is from my DH which is why I have so much Dex. Without changing out too many items what can I do to give my monk more survivability. It feels way too squishy.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
main thing missing is Life Steal. There are few who brave the LoH route but Life Steal is generally better for most builds and playstyles.

Go for 5+% total until you get to 200k dps and then you can try to taper off.

Also, try to stack your resistances better so that you only have 1 resist in your gear set.
Reply Quote
main thing missing is Life Steal. There are few who brave the LoH route but Life Steal is generally better for most builds and playstyles.

Go for 5+% total until you get to 200k dps and then you can try to taper off.

Also, try to stack your resistances better so that you only have 1 resist in your gear set.

Is the 1 resist in your gear set rule apply to the one with everything skill?
Reply Quote
yes
Reply Quote
07/18/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Oceanminded
Is the 1 resist in your gear set rule apply to the one with everything skill?

YES!! Abuse it!... until you get to higher DPS. Then you look at swapping it out for more dex or vit and dropping OWE all-together if you can afford it.
Reply Quote
Well I looked you up on Diabro3...here is the link
http://www.diabro3.com/?armoryURL=http%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Fd3%2Fen%2Fprofile%2FOceanminded-1201%2Fhero%2F34340935&submitButton.x=0&submitButton.y=0&serverBox=us

Your gear looks decent I think you could do yourself a HUGE favor by swapping out your main head gem for a life% gem...if you can go up from mp6 to mp7/8 because of a dropping an experience gem...you actually gain more experience in those mp's from doing that.

mp6 is 215% xp gain
mp7 is 275% xp gain
mp8 is 340% xp gain

Jumping from mp3-4 is usually worth changing gems for if your survivability is holding you back. since it's a 40% difference in xp.

I hope this helps, good luck..oh and OwE helps a ton.
Reply Quote
07/18/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Crashbug
Jumping from mp3-4 is usually worth changing gems for if your survivability is holding you back. since it's a 40% difference in xp.

I agree with swapping gems, but keep in mind that you need roughly twice as much damage to kill an equivalent mob two MP levels higher than the level you're playing now. That's the effect of a pair of cumulative 40% health buffs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]