Diablo® III

Poor graphic performance for no reason ?

iMac
21.5-inch, Mid 2011
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

I must put every settings to "low" or "off" and play at a resolution of 1598x898 in order to have a decent 55-58 FPS.

Since my system is over the recommended specs I was really wondering if it is normal ? Thanks
Reply Quote
2 views in a day. I officially have no hope for an answer anymore :P
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Can you describe exactly what it is you are experiencing? "Poor graphic performance" can mean quite a few different things.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
Ok I am sorry, As I said it may be normal but I was expecting to have better performance since I am over the recommended Mac specs. I can't have a decent number of FPS at my native resolution (1920)

I was wondering if there was some kind problem with the compatibility of my video card. If any other drivers or patch is needed.
Edited by Geist#1897 on 7/29/2013 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
The only things you should need to turn down for graphics are the Physics (set it to Low) and disable Anti-Aliasing. You might however want to also have sound at 16 or 32 channels. 32 should suffice for an i5 system. Lowering the number of channels helps a lot on Macs for some reason.

Outside of that you shouldn't need to lower any other settings. Physics takes the biggest toll, as it isn't the most optimized it can be.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
Hey geist i have the same problem.... Exactly the same machine as you, same ram size too. I also run windows 7 on my machine and i find with direct x i get a slightly better performance only 10-15 frames... Not much i guess but i have a feeling its to do with the graphics card :-( these are basically mobility cards (slighty modified for desktop) like a notebook so i can only assume a 1-2gb graphics would help the performance of this game... (Shame u cant upgrade the graphics card in these imacs within applecare warranty)

I am looking at upgrading my hard drive to an ssd in the next few weeks, hopefully i will get some performance boost (i have had some game stutttering during map changes could be my crappy latency)..

I recall reading a post about how the game doesnt support multicore processors, not sure if that is accurate but the way it was explained it sounded believeable which i think is kinda odd considering most games now support multicore processing....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]