Diablo® III

Philanthropy Station Part 2

Part 1 - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796091520#1

Hardcore - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8891689106#1

TL;DR-There is none! PLEASE read the whole OP, makes life easier when coordinating IG/in this thread, Thanks!

NOTE: This project is US servers only. Unfortunately we do not have a EU chapter just yet.

The overall point of this proposal is to assist players in achieving whatever their goals are. If you are a veteran player who is willing to help out all the new players, or just be a nice person, please post here if you wish to be added to a category, certain rules do apply since this is charity, if you are found in violation of any one of these rules your name will be scrubbed from the list, and you will be shunned forever.

Rules of being a philanthropist/thread/IG mod:
***you will NEVER ask for ANY form of payment from ANY player for services provided***

***you will NEVER ask for account information or offer services outside the scope of the ToS/EULA (NO multiboxing other peoples accounts to 60)***

***you will NEVER sell any player ANY item unless it is 50% BELOW LOWEST AH item, this clause is limited to items ABOVE 150M, just give away anything worth less than that, or don't offer it/mention it***

Pretty simple rules, yes? Great, here are the various categories of services we will provide for players, if you wish to receive help from one of these people add them in game or join the community conversation I will have up when I'm on.

Hardcore: Isolation#1274, marmoset#1939, OlDawgPops#1491, Zaknaril#1820

Ubers MP10 (or requested, but really MP10 is what you should be doing): runit3#1931, marmoset#1939, WordMaster#1125 (your machines appreciated), MilkMan#1964, KhmerMOFO#1622, happynikon#1844

PLeveling MP10 (or requested MP): runit3#1931, MilkMan#1964, Havoc#1282, happynikon#1844, KhmerMOFO#1622, MadaraUchiha#1609

Questing/Rushing content: runit3#1931, Havoc#1282, happynikon#1844

Power leveling: runit3#1931, Havoc#1282, KhmerMOFO#1622

Leg drops/Unneeded gear (please ask for specific items/classes of items, check often for your best chance at getting something you need): runit3#1931, Deathscream#1419, marmoset#1939, WordMaster#1125, Havoc#1282, KhmerMOFO#1622

Here's a group that gives away free unID's to those who need them:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9653245266#1

And more assistance with gear here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796451340

Build advice/Game mechanic questions: runit3#1931, Deathscream#1419, Zaknaril#1820, WordMaster#1125 (Barb), KhmerMOFO#1622

Forum/IG Mods: runit3#1931, Deathscream#1419, marmoset#1939, Zaknaril#1820

If you wish to receive help on any of these topics please friend req in game with the subject of the category you are interested in. If you wish to be added to any one of these lists simply reply to this thread or add in game.

I will not add any player to the mod list unless they have been vouched for by 3-5 players and I've played with them on w.e. topic they wish to assist in.

Due to the nature of some categories there are restrictions. Do NOT ask for power leveling unless you have cains+ruby in helm, it's simply common courtesy. ***EDIT*** Some of us may have loaner gear available, just ask and we'll try to work something out. I know I've got 2 spare sets on other accounts -a rad ruby.

Mods and helpful players will do their best to accommodate you in parties, but please don't spam us with "helphelphelp", this is our game time too and watching players die repeatedly or pick up every single rare on screen is not something we want to waste time on.

If you ask for MP10 Pleveling but KNOW that you are not able to tank, PLEASE do not ask us, it is a waste of our time, and your time. Players who knowingly ask for help on something outside their ability will be removed from this list and kicked if IG (tank gear is extremely cheap, and we aren't stupid, don't be a troll).

I'll try to keep this thread updated as much as possible,

Here is our official time table, it's fully editable by the community, please don't mess it up. If you KNOW you will be playing at a certain time on any day of the week put in your BT in the key for whatever time you want, the more ambitious players in our group will be able to seek you out IG faster this way if we have nothing else to do.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ds29HiYHlxN8I2XE32u58Fi2zymBoO7uNg0HkR0us5I/edit?usp=sharing

My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/runit_3
I'll leave it broadcasting unless I've got full party, easier to put in requests/talk to multiple people in the chat room there than IG.
***My Xsplit is having some difficulties loading, I'll try to get the bugs worked out and keep it live while I'm playing. Also IG lag has been ridiculous this week, sorry if you were looking for it to be up***
Edited by Zaknaril#1820 on 9/9/2013 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really think we need the folks listed above to check in. I have seen half these people since this thing first started:

Moita#1992
DrunkTank#1318
MilkMan#1964
nkdrew #1741
RiverAce#1554
Dailach#1342
Bluthium#1822
MadaraUchiha#1609
Bane#1809
left#1641
batrol#1815
nohallucinat#1751

You guys still out there and helping folks?
Reply Quote
Just copying this over from the last thread, since it reached its post limit:

Hey guys,

I farmed more than usual this weekend, and my effort was rewarded with some decent mid-tier Legendaries. Hopefully, someone in need can take them off my hands.

The items are:

- Two Mempos, one Strength, one Dex. The Dex one rolled +Armor as a bonus, which is nice. These were actually the first Mempos I've ever found in over 1000 hours of play, and they dropped within a half hour of each other. No, I'm not kidding.
- A Wailing Host ring with Dex, IAS, and a socket
- A Skysplitter with Dex and a Socket
- Depth Diggers with Intelligence, Vitality, and Pickup Radius. Might be nice for a WD.
- Two Dead Man's Legacies, one with Bola Damage, one with RF Crit Chance
- A LIFESTEAL STRENGTH SKORN...with only 1200 damage. Thanks, RNG.
- A Chantodo's Will with over 900 Life on Hit.

I'll be giving these out on a first come, first served basis. If you're interested, add me in game, but make a post here first (my friends list may be full).

By the way, Zaknaril, you should probably put my name under the "Hardcore" section as well, since I've gotten pretty into Hardcore mode since the last thread was posted. I'm nowhere near as experienced as Isolation, but I have a decent character and a large circle of HC friends. I've also done a few giveaways of complete Barb sets.

I still can't believe that the last thread wasn't extended indefinitely...seriously, Blizzard?
Edited by WordMaster#1125 on 7/22/2013 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 05:54 PMPosted by WordMaster
By the way, Zaknaril, you should probably put my name under the "Hardcore" section as well, since I've gotten pretty into Hardcore mode since the last thread was posted.

Done. :)
Reply Quote
You know I'm d0wn-
good for
Monk builds, plvling HC/SC, item give aways, Uber machine providing
Edited by marmoset#1939 on 7/22/2013 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
checking in how now brown cow
Reply Quote
BUMP !
Reply Quote
Sorry, I just missed you marmoset. I had to run outta town today and got back late.
Reply Quote
The Eagle has landed. Our set giveaway is now complete. Grats to all the winners!
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 10:42 PMPosted by marmoset
The Eagle has landed. Our set giveaway is now complete. Grats to all the winners!

has he gotten mats+gold?
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 10:42 PMPosted by marmoset

Thank goodness. I don't think we've ever had to work so hard just to give stuff away before LOL

Moita#1992
DrunkTank#1318
MilkMan#1964
nkdrew #1741
RiverAce#1554
Dailach#1342
Bluthium#1822
MadaraUchiha#1609
Bane#1809
left#1641
batrol#1815
nohallucinat#1751

I still need to hear from these folks in the next few days so I know you're still active. Those that do not respond will be removed from the OP. I just want to be sure that when someone needs help and adds several folks to friends they actually get active players responding.

Oh and if you're interested in being a Philanthropist and giving back to your community you can post here and let us know what you would like to participate with. We could always use more help!
Edited by Zaknaril#1820 on 7/23/2013 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I only gave him gear - FYI
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 07:08 AMPosted by marmoset
I only gave him gear - FYI

k I'll get him his mats+gold when the servers are back up
Reply Quote
With the extended maintenance time last week you'd think they wouldn't need it this week. Blah...Tuesday is my late day and I have a few hours in the AM to play and, of course, that's maintenance day. Figures...
Reply Quote
I have over three thousand hours in this game. I have personally bought, or found, and given away at the very least 500 mil in gold worth of stuff. Probably closer to a billion.

I have helped, or tried to over a hundred people in the 2 areas I would consider myself to be accomplished in. Also least I forget. All the people I have taken on the mp10 uber ride using my machines and not charging anything.

For all that I have done to try and bolster other peoples builds. Doing this mostly out of embarrassment at seeing weakness in their builds, I have rarely gotten a thank you. Most of the time people do not want to listen to what you have to say.

Sure you have many people coming to you for help. They could get the same help if they read the forums and learned how to farm efficiently. There are plenty of articles on these subjects in the forums. Let me also be frank about this. Most of the people you are helping just want something for nothing. True not everyone can put the same amount of time in this game I have. Helping a lazy person that can get someone else to do something for them is not helping them at all.

All this being said. If I see a homeless person on the street begging for money, if I have any I will buy them a meal. This is helping someone.

Perhaps you are helping the community. If you can truly call it one. Your altruistic views are certain to be applauded by some. I stress the word some.
Reply Quote
@CamperX - duely noted. I can't speak for the others but I garner enjoyment from helping others. It's a blast to see how excited they are. Their motives don't really concern me. I generally de-friend them once I'm done helping them anyway. I see your point of view though. Thanks for sharing :)
Reply Quote
Hi guys :). I'm brand new to the game (like, started playing 2 days ago). Weirdly enough, disenchanting/salvaging rares and magic items has enabled me to get enough gear to do MP10 Normal and Nightmare, which was fairly unexpected, but pleasantly surprising. I'm still a complete noob, so I'd appreciate any advice/gear/gold you have to offer.

I saw this video of Dakkon HotAing the crap out of Asmodan (http://youtu.be/C3TDg9YC0kc) and I must say I am strangely turned on by the prospect of an endless execute phase. On the other hand, I have no idea what makes it work (like, what's healing him?). Still, I've set it as my gearing goal (assuming it still works).

I must say, I'm very pleased to see that a thread like this exists at all. I'll be adding some of you when servers come up, hopefully you'll be on :)
Reply Quote
I saw this video of Dakkon HotAing the crap out of Asmodan (http://youtu.be/C3TDg9YC0kc) and I must say I am strangely turned on by the prospect of an endless execute phase. On the other hand, I have no idea what makes it work (like, what's healing him?). Still, I've set it as my gearing goal (assuming it still works).

Dakkon is well known for being one of the best Skorn Barbs around. Sadly he's not around much these days.

"Perma-HotA" is no easy feat. It will take a lot of time to get the correct gear for it. What is healing him is life steal (LS). He has probably 5-6% LS on his Skorn I'm sure. Once you're over 100k DPS LS really starts to be a huge sustain affix that Barbs are going for (whether it be on weapons, mighty belts, or passive).

I'd say you've got a way to go before a build like this is feasible. Add me in game, I'd be happy to help any way I can, to whatever extent you would like (gear, leveling, etc.)
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Zaknaril

Dakkon is well known for being one of the best Skorn Barbs around. Sadly he's not around much these days.

"Perma-HotA" is no easy feat. It will take a lot of time to get the correct gear for it. What is healing him is life steal (LS). He has probably 5-6% LS on his Skorn I'm sure. Once you're over 100k DPS LS really starts to be a huge sustain affix that Barbs are going for (whether it be on weapons, mighty belts, or passive).

I'd say you've got a way to go before a build like this is feasible. Add me in game, I'd be happy to help any way I can, to whatever extent you would like (gear, leveling, etc.)

Not worried about the time investment tbh, farming efficiency aside, it just looks really fun to do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]