Diablo® III

5 class challenge - wiz branch

running two wiz feels challenging.

Archon and high dps SS wiz will be costly.

or build 2 low ap / cc CM wiz and go for DPS and synergy..not sure how well that would work though..

Quite curious as to how this plans out.
Edited by Killua#1993 on 7/18/2013 9:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi Phantom

There seems to be a general feeling that snap shotting should not be allowed. How do you guys feel about this issue mate?
Reply Quote
With or without snapshotting makes no difference to me, as long as everyone plays by the same rules.

As for the party, CM wiz and Monk is a no-brainer. However, there really isn't a point for the monk to run CS given the majority of the contest is boss fights. And although the high eDPS Nirvana build is best for > 2 enemies, it's an amazing build worth considering. Cookie WKL builds are expensive to gear for, but a similar alternative that would still allow for Overawe spam is a necessity. We definitely need to brainstorm a bit on which monk build will be most effective.

Regarding the other 2 spots, a slam dance CoB WD seems like a must-have to me. The long cool down sucks, but most bosses go down relatively fast with a boss team, and I don't think it's a group buff we should go without.

And I'd vote a barb for the 4th cuz they're cheap to gear and are OP.
Reply Quote
Hey guys I asked the question on funding already in Morpheus' Aussie thread. The 4B can be distributed in any way we see fit. So if we want a 100M wiz with 3.01 and high AR Armor we can. Also I think we should have Steel, Worloega, Void, Boozor, JenP all give advice on what kind of price range we should use on the alt classes then gear the wiz to min max whatever we have left over.
Reply Quote
running two wiz feels challenging.

Archon and high dps SS wiz will be costly.

or build 2 low ap / cc CM wiz and go for DPS and synergy..not sure how well that would work though..

Quite curious as to how this plans out.

Will not work with two Low APS wiz because cooridination of FN is nearly impossible especially with seperate pings
Reply Quote
what is snapshotting?
Reply Quote
07/18/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Paranoyed
what is snapshotting?

dhs can snapshot ias, gloom, and cc from sharpshooter buffs, so something like 1m crits nonstop while using rapidfire, and then using the preparation rune to keep hatred full means that they are dps monsters

also wds can snapshot i dont know exactly how it works

Hi Phantom

There seems to be a general feeling that snap shotting should not be allowed. How do you guys feel about this issue mate?

Please note: my views arent representative of wizards, ive spoken to like 2 tonite, and that was mainly to regear my wiz and figure out how snapshotting for dhs works

i know the monks raised a fit about it.
i think the dhs should run twice, once with snapshotting, once without

same for the wds (and then their times should be averaged?)

b/c based on what happened to sweeping wind snapshot its gonna get nerfed in the near future (if there was a larger playerbase it might have already been nerfed)
Reply Quote
07/18/2013 04:50 PMPosted by JoeMammy
Since the wizzies main job is CC, I think nat's set is essential. Maybe even 2pc nats (hat+ring), 3pc zuni (ring+chest+boots). IAS chant's wand for the APS. But that would necessitate an apoc chant's force, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be a high avg. dmg. one.... *shrug* just kinda brainstorming at this point.

MAKE WIZ the TOP NOTCH FREEZER/tank

Put DPS to other chars:
- 2x WD Bats with BUFFS (copy my build, need 89%mit 55k ehp)
-- beware, totems doesn't stack
-- it's better than Barb coz of Hex Jinx - 2 WDs making pigs from anything is eDPS + Jinx is 20% dmg buff
- Monk with BUFFS (not good in this one)
- AWEESOME freezer/tank

All in all, put MIT/EHP first, DPS second, for all the characters.
Reply Quote
It´s not "SNAPSHOT" that people argue about using it´s the "GEAR SWAP" portion of it.

If there´s people who don´t know what advanced snapshotting is...basically you take the following damage modifiers and utility effects:

1. weapon damage
2. total aps (breakpoint and/or damage modifier for certain skills)
3. primary stat
4. critical hit damage
5. average damage
6. adds x% to elemental damage
7. elite and demon damage bonus
8. "damage increased by skills" bonus (like Brawler & Berserker Rage)
9. gear skill bonus (e.g. WW crit chance on SoJ)
10. "elemental skills deal x% more damage" bonus
11. life steal

Basically everything except normal crit chance. What you do is you have the main set of gear without crit chance (arguably much cheaper), activate all damage bonuses and start channeling the skill (hold down the button) and gear swap to your full critical hit chance and defensive (vit, regen etc.) gear, ideally with affixes that help you with resource management.

A list of skills that come to mind with gear swap mechanics: Whirlwind, Strafe, Rapid Fire, Ray of Frost, Archon Disintegration Wave, Disintegrate, Arcane Torrent, Firebats, Zombie Charger and Tempest Rush.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 7/19/2013 12:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 01:11 AMPosted by RobertVarga
nice

Have I ever claimed to be?
Reply Quote
I can help gear both Wiz and Witch Doctor

4x more visible
Reply Quote
I don't think we should go this far on forums. Chill outs. :-P
Reply Quote
Even wizards can get into some snapshotting/gearswapping fun. Here's a run I did with some low budget gear to solo Belial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9NVAcehrqE

Snapshotting WD and DH do much more damage, but this wizard is already more effective than my barb in the Belial fight because I don't have to move and my damage is fairly decent.
Reply Quote
RULE UPDATE

There has been a lot of debate as to the validity of Gear Swap Snap Shotting. The consensus of the 5 Class Representatives and the majority of the Communities is that it is not within the spirit of the challenge, which I applaud.

Gear swapping is thus not allowed during the runs. I ask that at the beginning of the run, players open their inventories and scan their items. After this point and until the run is complete, you inventories are to remain closed. Items can be changed between runs, but not within runs.

Thank you all for your stance, especially DiEoxidE and Trefynwyd who's teams stood to benefit the most.
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 02:10 AMPosted by EmperorMao
What's the matter son? You still mad? Here's a Ring Pop. Suck your fears away.

sorry dad

07/19/2013 02:17 AMPosted by Morpheus
Gear swapping is thus not allowed during the runs

i don't think there's any problem with gear swap - like for example switching to skorn when dealing with reflects and such

snap shotting like every gear is just a bit OP tho
Reply Quote
Hi yems

Yeah, I know a bit of a sledgehammer approach. It does though ensure that there is absolutely no doubt about it. And I guess this makes you consider the situations that you have to face and cater for each eventuallity in any particular run.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]