Diablo® III

5 class challenge - wiz branch

yea, just my 2cents - and i don't think wiz would benefit that much from it anyways :D
Reply Quote
hahaha, no :)

But DiEoxidE and Trefynwyd also share the same view. It is good to see the level of sportsmanship displayed in these types of decisions :)
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 01:08 AMPosted by EmperorMao
Severinze #1401 has volunteered to help coordinate

So you're saying we lost already. Good to know.

I read this, cried, and deleted my toons.

Moving on, eliminating gear swapping is for the best.

Also, I'm with Para and others in that building a high APS tank wiz with less funds is ideal. Our dps just doesn't scale as well after a certain point to justify the gold required within a limited budget.

In addition to theorycrafting, we need players for these teams. We have a couple volunteers but we need more, so please let us know if you'd like to volunteer.
Reply Quote
Agree with overall thinking: make your wiz a tanky strong freezer at the expense of DPS.

Void I don't see how 2 barbs is better than 1 barb 1 WD. Like RV said: hex is really awesome vs Kulle and also vs Diablo clones - btw don't underestimate that part of the fight. I'm thinking 4-man vs. Diablo will actually be the hardest part of this b/c of the clones.

Wish I could compete in this, but I'll be AFK in Aug. I'll spend some time this weekend to study AH and come up with a budget WD gearing strat.

Also: I can vouch for JoeMammy. Good player.
Reply Quote
I can help gear both Wiz and Witch Doctor

4x more visible

RV - of course helping with gearing is awesome, but would u be willing to play on your WD?
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 03:40 AMPosted by yems
yea, just my 2cents - and i don't think wiz would benefit that much from it anyways :D

Actually, Wiz has the highest number of skills that snapshot among all classes, like more than all the other together. Ray of Frost, Disintegrate, Arcane Torrent, Archon Disintegration Wave to name a few...

Anyway, the fact that gear swapping is no longer allowed, doesn´t mean that snapshot mechanics aren´t viable anymore. You just have to build a more balanced character and get the highest amount of party buffs activated for you to snapshot.

In case you guys considered a second Wizard but not a CM one but a pure dps one, how well does SNS damage vs single targets/bosses compare to the likes of optimized Sleet Storm or something like 1.90 aps Arcane Mines?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bSjieT!eTW!cZaYbb
Dynamo Sparkflint, Dynamo Thunder Storm, Dynamo Hydra and channeling Dynamo Mines - assuming they all snapshot (I know torrent does). Or would a Sleet Storm/Storm Blast channeling with CM and Chain Reaction be better? I mean at that aps Mines deal 40% more dps than SS/Blast. I was personally never into SNS and have a difficult time gauging its damage output.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 7/19/2013 6:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Agree with overall thinking: make your wiz a tanky strong freezer at the expense of DPS.

Void I don't see how 2 barbs is better than 1 barb 1 WD. Like RV said: hex is really awesome vs Kulle and also vs Diablo clones - btw don't underestimate that part of the fight. I'm thinking 4-man vs. Diablo will actually be the hardest part of this b/c of the clones.

Wish I could compete in this, but I'll be AFK in Aug. I'll spend some time this weekend to study AH and come up with a budget WD gearing strat.

Also: I can vouch for JoeMammy. Good player.

A low ping high CC, High APS, High APOC wiz can lock shadow D and never let him spawn Clones. Just saying.
Reply Quote
View profile

4x more visible

RV - of course helping with gearing is awesome, but would u be willing to play on your WD?

k, so I'll be a player/buyer as/for wd
Edited by RobertVarga#1345 on 7/19/2013 7:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Can you change runes on the fly? For example, run bone chill for first part of diablo, switch to snap when he's getting close to moving to shadow realm, when shadow D dies, put bone back on...
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 07:18 AMPosted by ChangBooster
Can you change runes on the fly? For example, run bone chill for first part of diablo, switch to snap when he's getting close to moving to shadow realm, when shadow D dies, put bone back on...

No stacks must stay during the boss fight. No skill swapping.
Reply Quote
View profile
Probably would be better to gear the CM so it can lock shadow D with bone chill then.
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 07:39 AMPosted by ChangBooster
Probably would be better to gear the CM so it can lock shadow D with bone chill then.

Right. High CC/APS with solid MIT. DPS isn't as important.
Reply Quote
View profile
Possible Belial build for the CM wiz
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VQhXPO!egZ!YacabY

I have a couple questions about this build though.

1. If you aim correctly, will all 7 meteors from shower hit Belial? If so, this would be hands down the best meteor rune to use if you were to go in that direction. This could be coupled with a cheapo 10M occy with met reduction to hit 30 APoC.
2. Are the poison bombs (i.e. his only attack that matters) considered melee?
Reply Quote
Why does each team member have to record? Isn't it just one?
Reply Quote
View profile
07/19/2013 08:09 AMPosted by jenpeezey
Why does each team member have to record? Isn't it just one?

Because let's say I was on the team and not recording, I could swap in my own chants will, WH, amulet, etc which would presumably be better than the items purchased for the challenge and no one would be able to tell.

Are you playing your monk for team wiz?
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 08:05 AMPosted by ChangBooster
2. Are the poison bombs (i.e. his only attack that matters) considered melee?

Check the barb thread :)

And I thought there were spies everywhere...I guess not.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/19/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Nubtro
Check the barb thread :)

Ain't nobody got time for that.

07/19/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Nubtro
And I thought there were spies everywhere...I guess not.

So we're not supposed to be theorycrafting on the forums? So confused...
Reply Quote
Instead of fw to proc conflag how about replacing sa with meteor to proc conflag.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/19/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Paranoyed
Instead of fw to proc conflag how about replacing sa with meteor to proc conflag.

Makes more sense vs. Belial to drop nova seeing as you only have 1 champ pack to take care of, should be able to handle that w/o freeze.

In other fights, timewarp is more group DPS than conflag. You could run both meteor and timewarp but you'd lose tele ofc. And I think for a3 anyway, it would be a huge benefit to have the CM arrive first and have everything under control when the heavy hitters get there. Only way to do that is wormhole.
Edited by ChangBooster#1510 on 7/19/2013 8:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Because let's say I was on the team and not recording, I could swap in my own chants will, WH, amulet, etc which would presumably be better than the items purchased for the challenge and no one would be able to tell.

Are you playing your monk for team wiz?

Who would cheat like that?

The person recording can just inspect everyone/view profile for everyone at the start and finish of every run.

Playing my monk . . . if everyone has to record, no. I get lagged by Fraps in a solo game. I can't imagine trying to record at full-screen with four in a game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]