Diablo® III

Why buy D3 for PS3 when its will come out for PS4 later

I was just wondering who wouldn't wait for the PS4 copy to be released? Unless you don't plan on getting PS4 is the only reason why someone wouldn't wait.Also if you do wait for PS4 you lose out on the bonus content that PS3 gets.....Sounds to me like Blizzards trying to double dip on us. I am very unsure of what to do considering the information coming from Blizzard about PS4 D3 is very limited and I don't wanna spend $120.00 on both plus the $60.00 from PC I spent. So what are you going to do? And what do you recommend doing?
Reply Quote
If they never patch a offline version with reasonable drop rates into the pc version, I will definitely get the ps4 version on sale eventually.

I like to progress in diablo games with items I've found myself, and it's pretty much impossible to go all the way to the end without using the auction house. I can't think of a worse thing they could have done to this game than online only/auction house.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 02:51 PMPosted by Mykha
it's pretty much impossible to go all the way to the end without using the auction house. I can't think of a worse thing they could have done to this game than online only/auction house.

agree

@OP why does anyone even want a console version anyway this game is nothing special. I don't see why PC isn't getting evade, power globes or better tuned drop rates but if these are a difference maker for you, you should get the PS3 version mostly because PS4 has no release date and would it be any different?
Reply Quote
PC gets zero major patches since release and for the next 6-12 months petty buffs/nerfs, a declining player base and premature death of the game and you want to give money to the cause of all that?
Reply Quote
If they never patch a offline version with reasonable drop rates into the pc version, I will definitely get the ps4 version on sale eventually.

I like to progress in diablo games with items I've found myself, and it's pretty much impossible to go all the way to the end without using the auction house. I can't think of a worse thing they could have done to this game than online only/auction house.

It's not impossible, but it takes inhuman amounts of patience and unbreakable will after being exposed to combined results of thousands of players through the auction house window.

Console users won't even be exposed to an AH, at least those that didn't play the PC version, so their perception of what's good and what's not will be substantially different to someone who has experienced it in the PC version.

TBH, I wouldn't buy neither of the console versions after owning the PC one. Seems like a stupid thing to do when you could just buy different games, considering it's essentially the same thing. People seem to believe these console versions will somehow include some magic compelling droprate, when in reality itemization will be just as frustrating, unless they're willing to include whatever work they claim to be doing on itemization into the console release.
Reply Quote
I just think it would be fun to own for my ps3-4 and be able to sit down with a few buddy's on the couch and play diablo on the big screen. Also if u look at interviews on with designers PC D3 has some changes coming. I love Diablo 3, I think its a great game and I have for sure got my 60 bucks out of it. I also play Hardcore now on PC and Hardcore economy is still going pretty strong due to the supply and demand SC does not have. So at the end of the day I can't complain.
Reply Quote
PS3 GAMES WILL NOT WORK ON PS4 SPOILER ALERTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

XBOX 360 GAMES AND PS3 GAMES ARE NOT BACKWORDS COMPATABLE ON NEW SYSTEMS
Edited by Kingewee#1258 on 7/24/2013 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yea I this kingawee, maybe u should read the first post in this thread..... Not a spoiler alert, that's old news. What I am trying to figure out is why wouldn't people just wait for ps4. Unless u are not getting one then it would make sense.
Reply Quote
$60 is not a lot of money to some people.

I mean, look at the RMAH - single items can sell for $60. Hell, some people bought a second copy of D3 for the PC just to have additional stash space.

People who have movies on DVD have also bought them on blu-ray.

I personally don't think this way - but a lot of people do.
Edited by Mercy#1158 on 7/24/2013 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm buying the 360 version at launch due to some issues I'm seeing regarding trophy earning on local co-op play. I'd rather have my friends be able to earn their own achievements while playing on a couch together vs not being able to earn trophies on a local co-op game on the PS3.

I'll buy the PS4 version when it launches.
Reply Quote
I want the PS3 version because:

A. I already own a PS3
B. I have alot of PS3 friends that don't play PC games. In fact, I am playing it now on PC so I can educate them when it's released on console (and I stupidly bought the CE and I had to get my money's worth one way or another)
C. I'm a die-hard Playstation user but F&!# the PS4. Not worth the $ they want for it.
D. None of my other games are PS4 compatible. I'm not re-buying all my PS3 games I spent lots of money and time on purchasing/playing
E. Pre-order bonuses.
Edited by SilvixXivlis#1796 on 7/26/2013 3:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ps3-september 2013
ps4-september 2016
Reply Quote
I buy (per ordered some months agao) the version because i want to play it on a console from day 1.
Not planning to get the PS4 at launch. Probably getting one when my PS3 is going to heaven. It is close to 4 years old now. Makes a bit more noise, but further running without issues.
Reply Quote
C. I'm a die-hard Playstation user but F&!# the PS4. Not worth the $ they want for it.

No console is worth the money they want for it at launch. Give it a year to work out most of the glaring issues, and the price will have dropped by almost half anyhow.
Reply Quote
Because we have ZERO idea when the PS4 version will be available.
Reply Quote
Because $60 is not a lot of money, I'd spend that much on a night out anyways.
Reply Quote
I want the PS3 version because:

A. I already own a PS3
B. I have alot of PS3 friends that don't play PC games. In fact, I am playing it now on PC so I can educate them when it's released on console (and I stupidly bought the CE and I had to get my money's worth one way or another)
D. None of my other games are PS4 compatible. I'm not re-buying all my PS3 games I spent lots of money and time on purchasing/playing
E. Pre-order bonuses.

D. You have ZERO idea what your talking about, there will be backwards compatibility via streaming service down the road so just stop spreading false info. We don't know how it will work but it will be there.
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 03:49 AMPosted by SilvixXivlis

So if you buy a PS4 that means you have to throw your PS3 and all the games in the trash ? Or couldn't you just keep your PS3 and play the PS3 games on that console... and play the new PS4 games on the new console?
Reply Quote
simple answer for me ps3 is free to play online. PS4 isn't. They've gone the Crapbox way and you'll have to pay for PS+ in order to play online F^%$!!!!! That!!
Reply Quote
Hopefully diablo 3 will match up 360 and One players on same servers and same deal with ps3 with ps4 that way there will be plenty of players. I would say same servers for all consoles together but that's probably not possible lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]