Diablo® III

Newbie needs some good advise.

I got the game for last Christmas, and my demon hunter character is the one I play the most. I had a question earlier last month and was informed to my chagrin my character sucked after a=the hundreds of millions I had spent. As a newbie who has and still likes Diablo 2 I went for sets and armor and dexteirty, which I guess was a mistake, so I have started to re equip my DH, but so far I still suck. I have a 2 socket manticore which with rubies come out to 1617 dps and about 2200 damage. I have a couple of drops a calamity with only 939 dps. Natalya's Slayer at 733, danetta's Spite 1026.3 dps. I got a Mempo drop yesterday but has 190 intelligence and no dexterity and think this should go on my Wizard character. I am bummed I can not seem to get to even what I was told an average 3500 damage. Any guidance would be appreciated.. I only have about 11 million and change right now, but get about 2-5 million a day playing. Thank-you in advance for any help..
Reply Quote
View profile
Why do you not have DEX in your glove...
Reply Quote
View profile
are your damage full loaded with shsh?

pull 1 ruby out of that bow and add a emerald, a marquise emerald if you can... when you can

start crafting I believe you have enough de if you are picking them up
bracer > glove > shoulder > amulet

try this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#Wchgkl!YXT!YbZYY
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 7/24/2013 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What I thought was a good glove with high dex was traded away as last I heard was I succked as I had no Chance of crit damage and crit damage. So I when for the best I could get for the money I had.
Reply Quote
[quote="94988574737"]are your damage full loaded with shsh?

pull 1 ruby out of that bow and add a emerald, a marquise emerald if you can... when you can

start crafting I believe you have enough de if you are picking them up
bracer > glove > shoulder > amulet

Newbie here....What is shsh, As to crafting my luck there sucks. Just got legendary plans for demon armor, Crafted a belt it looked sucky so I auctioned it for a net loss due to the fiery brimstone and all the other stuff plus money. some of them require items needed for hellfire ring, which I do not have... I got 2 sets of keys just have not played with it. As to jewels I have an emerals just below marq. as they are 20 mill to craft, plus 5 mill to remove.
Reply Quote
Just one sentence describe it all.

The Ruby Marq you have worth more than all your gears combined. Does not make sense. Furthermore, how can you put a Marq Ruby in a crap Manti? Dismantling it will cost you 5 mil. 1 green and 1 red Radiant will do atm.
Reply Quote
Shsh is sharpshooter. It is showing your stats at full Critical chance. You have decent critical chance but rather low critical damage. Your dex is also low. These are the 2 main reasons why your dps is rather low. IF you are getting 2 to 5 million everyday, i would suggest you to save up and go for a major upgrade
Reply Quote
07/24/2013 11:35 PMPosted by RaveaAngel
Shsh is sharpshooter. It is showing your stats at full Critical chance. You have decent critical chance but rather low critical damage. Your dex is also low. These are the 2 main reasons why your dps is rather low. IF you are getting 2 to 5 million everyday, i would suggest you to save up and go for a major upgrade

Ya sad not having a life. Disabled and can hardly move do this is it till I go to blind to see. I had much higher dex when I got comment my stuff was junk.
Reply Quote
Just one sentence describe it all.

The Ruby Marq you have worth more than all your gears combined. Does not make sense. Furthermore, how can you put a Marq Ruby in a crap Manti? Dismantling it will cost you 5 mil. 1 green and 1 red Radiant will do atm.

Ya now.When I started this project every item I had was a set or legendary item, becuase I did not understand the game and it came with no instructions. I ended up a tank with high dex, but had no crit chance ot damage. The one item I never got was a high level Manticore. I went for the fastest with the highest DPS listed. Of course now I know DPS alone is nothing which is why when I discovered by accident "Monster Power" I had problems. Oh well it is only a game right? I was hoping for a little more helpful comments like upgrade this item for this item.
Reply Quote
07/25/2013 12:54 AMPosted by Shorts2tight

Ya sad not having a life. Disabled and can hardly move do this is it till I go to blind to see. I had much higher dex when I got comment my stuff was junk.

Sorry to hear that.

Have you tried crafting with demonic essence? This is the most economical way for upgrade. You can get 200+ to 300 dex for amulet, bracer, gloves and shoulders.

For purchase, you can buy a dead man legacy with at least 19% attack speed and more dex.
Reply Quote
07/25/2013 01:50 AMPosted by RaveaAngel

Sorry to hear that.

Have you tried crafting with demonic essence? This is the most economical way for upgrade. You can get 200+ to 300 dex for amulet, bracer, gloves and shoulders.

For purchase, you can buy a dead man legacy with at least 19% attack speed and more dex.

Yes I have used the demonic essence in crafting the amulants and for some of the demonic armor who's plans I just got on a drop. Like I said my crafting has been a big bust for me except the jewels. Most Of what I have on now is from drops. I take a look at the dead man I will take a look at them an see if I can not snag a better one. I got a couple more than I can not seem to sell and will likely salvage them. I had some real high dex items before, but had no crit chance or damage on them. Like I said I thought I was pretty good with a ton of dex and heavy armor. I just walked through inferno level, then I discovered :Monster Power and became humble. Someone said something nice that he never had seen so much armor, but person later pointed out the build was crap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]