Diablo® III

Go on, twist my arm

SnB seems to be all the rage, but I need a push. Convince me to go to the shield side.

I wouldn't die as much. Sure, but I rarely die anyway. I'm not invincible, but with 930k ehp, 5.9% ls and rend:blood lust, there's little I can't tank.

Higher crit chance and ar. Sure, but much less crit damage. Whenever I model a stormshield and sword in d3rawr, my first thought is omg that hurts my dps.

Remove that pesky EF fear. Sure, but with my cold SoJ it's not too bad, despite running hota. I could probably get a lower fear one with cd instead of ls anyway, since I have rend.

So yeah I'm humming and ha'ing on the edge of the swimming pool, needing a big push to dive in.
Reply Quote
<-

let's be real, who the hell knows why it got so popular in 2 days.
Reply Quote
<-

let's be real, who the hell knows why it got so popular in 2 days.

07/25/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Nived
I set trends.. its kinda what i do kid.
Reply Quote
Let's be REAL real, who cares?! Rejoice in the glory of the shield!

Brand new convert and returned D3 junkie in general, love it so far for low mp goofin' around!
Reply Quote
Its a total snooze fest!
Reply Quote
For me, SnB is a replacement for my favorite D2 class, the Paladin. I played a Schaeferdin to level 99 in D2/LoD on single player. It just took me about 6 years or so to do it.... (from the release of synergies to about 6 months before D3 release)

The other factor for me is my ping so I tend to build my characters with a bit of survivability to compensate for that. But in the case of my Barb, I've kind of overdone it by a truck load or two.

But that still makes it fun. I can stand in all that nasty stuff that elites throw at us that drops the rest of the party at least once over and then joke "well that was a nasty fight, I nearly drank a healing potion!"

Ultimately it's player preference. This is a game and it's for your enjoyment. If you think that you can enjoy playing your barbarian with a shield then go for it. I've tried my Barbarian with a Skorn, grandfather and an IKBB as well as Dual wield. Those set up's are all fun when I'm in the mood, though I don't own a Skorn currently.

So do what you want to do. I suggest you give it a shot. Nothing really lost by picking up a cheapy off the AH. You can usually resell them after your done and you might have fun while your at it.

If you need a push, well I could offer you a shield bash then? :-)
Edited by Asmodeous#1189 on 7/25/2013 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You need to convince yourself of what you want.

The Shield does not respect you. You respect The Shield.

-TGC
Reply Quote
Respect the shield, disrespect its users.
Reply Quote
Pshhh I don't even use shield in HC.
Reply Quote
You need to convince yourself of what you want.

The Shield does not respect you. You respect The Shield.

Sensei, you have shown me that I am not worthy of the shield. But I might pick up a cheap one anyway and give it a go.
Reply Quote
never move? shield + blood lust + ls
wanna micro abit? shield + blood lust + no lifesteal
Reply Quote

or go with 3% lifesteal and decent ehp and there's no need for rend.
Reply Quote
Respect the shield, disrespect its users.

And we of the Holy Frisbee, Stormshield be his name, respect you for your casual disrespect.
Reply Quote
Frisbee can be fun!
Reply Quote
View profile
I enjoy playing Frisbee and long walks on the beach.
Reply Quote
View profile

or go with 3% lifesteal and decent ehp and there's no need for rend.

I go with a couple things that seem to work well for my "Never Move" style,

3%ls weapon:

Ik+rend lacerate+brawler

WH+rend/bloodlust+brawler (Im one slot of AR away from using this full time, saving my gold, or tri IK gloves :)

WH+rend/bloodlust+superstition (fury gen)
^^Coop version, since scrub ef users scare my monsters away, forcing me out of brawler anyway.

Some things I like anyway.

At the risk of giving Nived more attention, his Innas/ar Ik helm set up is intriguing, check him out./
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 04:41 PMPosted by RagingKoala
At the risk of giving Nived more attention, his Innas/ar Ik helm set up is intriguing, check him out./

Not using this anymore broski. Got some IK gloves and using mempo.

However, since HOTA feeds off CC, using IK Helm isnt a bad option to get the CC if you cant afford a CC mempo. Also would allow for the use of a WH and still maintain 2pc. This is only if you want to run with 3%ls though. Otherwise, IK Belt is the way to go.
Reply Quote
Doing a little stream of some MP10 with this build. Its a bit laggy but you'll see what SnB can do!
www.twitch.tv/justhackitup

Your barb shouldnt be farming anything higher than mp0 tbh
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]