Diablo® III

Which hand to DW EF and Butcher's Sickle?

DPS no difference which hand they are in but attack speed is higher with the Sicke in the main hand and EF off hand. Is that optimal?
Reply Quote
Yes that is optimal. Nice Sickle BTW.
Reply Quote
Thanks.

I know the Sickle is perhaps not the optimal for DPS but the novel features (random 1.5 sec target stun and target drag) are so cool i can't help but keep using it.

Now I just need to find a decent off hand weapon to go with it. Any suggestions, the AH seems pretty limited in terms of a second weapon that is much better than the EF I have now. Guess i'll just keep farming.
Reply Quote
View profile
there is 2 ways to look at it.
your EF shows a higher dmg range which would put it as a MH. also the .25 gets applied to sickle
so its 1.44 speed is actually 1.69 for faster speed offhand.

on the other hand, its been said the fear proc from EF happens more often in MH than in offhand.

i would believe optimally dps-wise for you would be EF MH sickle offhand,
Reply Quote
Inner, his sickle and EF are close in uncalculated damage ranges so unless he absolutely loves chasing down critters I don't believe it would help. Some people love the chase though :).
Reply Quote
View profile
Plow, i saw that. its not but a hari difference i know. i was just stating optimal dmg output.
also included the fact fear procs more as a result.
for me the fear isnt even an issue any more. cold SoJ and enough dmg that they die before getting away.
Reply Quote
I also believe that BS procs less on OH, so it only makes sense to have it on MH.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/25/2013 08:55 PMPosted by xxxkan
I also believe that BS procs less on OH, so it only makes sense to have it on MH.
think thats how just about all legendary wpn procs are arent they? proc less on mainhand?
i remember trying to use Sever once on a barb to see how it would work with sprint nadoes and the high crit killing blow for lifesteal effect. seemed it only worked in mainhand. which resulted in losing crit from axe/mace for mainhand.
Reply Quote
View profile
this got me thinking...
07/25/2013 10:50 AMPosted by InnerTurmoil
on the other hand, its been said the fear proc from EF happens more often in MH than in offhand.

...now with sickle in the MH instead, does the drag proc more often instead of the fear? ;)

Can it proc "on hit" from a tornado just hitting a mob anytime (like the EF), or does it proc "on attack" and you have to actually initiate an attack (like HF ring)?
Edited by Necksnapper#2667 on 7/26/2013 1:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
07/26/2013 01:34 AMPosted by Necksnapper
Can it proc "on hit" from a tornado just hitting a mob anytime (like the EF), or does it proc "on attack" and you have to actually initiate an attack (like HF ring)?

like hellfire ring. its on activation of attack proc chance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]