Diablo® III

Do Blizzard care?

I am very interested on the team working on Diablo. Why the community in its own forums can go days without any meaningful response. Meaningful responses go to address issues the communities have raised, It's been days and weeks. Do blizzard care? Do they have a team working on this game that is large enough to inspire confidence in the community? Or is Diablo a scrap project, ear marked as a total and complete failure? Why does it receive so little feed back?

Why does it take so long for any information? Why do changes occur so slowly when the player base is largely unhappy?
Reply Quote
Does blizzard feel their customers who have invested in this game deserve no meaningful feeedback/updates? Why do they feel this way/what is delaying the information release process?

Should their player base give up on this game? Is there a FUTURE? Will Blizzard continue supporting this game or is the next update going to be a last, leave us a lone, we don't know how to fix diablo.
Reply Quote
well... maybe they dont have anything that they can share. they stated that for a few times now. as much as it is harsh it is true. why would they go on mumbling with feature thats not ready. right now theyre working on the game design revamp including itemization, skills balancing, life mechanics etc.
Reply Quote
20 Pandaren Monk
07/25/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Mustard
Why do changes occur so slowly when the player base is largely unhappy?

the forums are a tiny minority and blizzard knows it

EA did a study and found that only 2% of players read forums, and only 10% of that actually posts
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10471971/developer-interview-round-up-7-19-2013#best

theyre working on these things.
Reply Quote
07/25/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Phugen
EA did a study and found that only 2% of players read forums, and only 10% of that actually posts

The other 98% are botters
Reply Quote
How can they have nothing to share though? IT software design is an itirative process. I truely doubt someone comes up with ideas one day and they are pushed live within a week, but those ideas are developed for weeks and months. If they are investing time into these changes then why can they share some transparency with the community. Furthermore if there are no changes being made... why?

As for console and PC teams, I don't believe that the same teams work on both projects so this cannot be the reason for PC delays. Furthermore Console and PC are meant to deliver different gaming experiences, so vastly different I don't believe any one team could focus on both a Console and PC project, so there must be two teams.

If Diablo has little to no team developing it, then blizzard owe it to their hugely loyal community to tell their community perhaps? Why pretend this game is still alive, and keep their community playing when updates will be minimal/non major. If there are updates worth playing for in the future, thats great, but what about now? Clarity whether or not if this game has a future would help a lot of players make their decisions to commit to this game to change to another one.

Surely I'm not asking for much when I ask for regular updates with regards to the future of this game. If there is none, I suggest they let their player base know.

Finally a single study by EA does not reflect the entire gaming community. You are talking about a company which has a huge amount of releases vs a company which has 3 franchises? Surely the forum monitoring is a little different. Then EA releases how many fps games? FPS games can barely talk a lot about changes that should be made, and any changes will be much more minor than any ARPG. EA also don't have the respect that a gaming company like Blizzard hold for quality games.

I don't think saying that you should ignore your forums because one survey states many gamers may not visit forums. Forums are a great tool for collaboration, and open disccussions. My arguments are Blizzard has refrained from contributing to any meaningful discussions other than (your favourite weapon look *roll eyes*)
Reply Quote
20 Pandaren Monk
07/25/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Mustard
If Diablo has little to no team developing it, then blizzard owe it to their hugely loyal community to tell their community perhaps?

they dont owe you anything, they sold a game and you bought it

later they will sell another thing and you will buy it
Reply Quote
It's nice to see some fan interviews being done, but again my issues generally focus on a lack of meaningful information. They might as well said we are focusing on making the game better.

Over the years their design philosphy has gotten lazier and lazier. Want a great example? Diablo story, WOW Normal, do it again, wow nightmare, do it again, wow hell, do it again, wow infernal.

Now we didnt get one change in monster types on maps (like d2 LOD act 5) so on any map we know exactly what to fight on that map. Combine this with an insulting storyline that involved 0 twists and monsters telling you you'll never defeat them. Literally every story is just kill X. Amazing and deep story lines.

Why do their community reps take so long to post things on their website? Why are things never posted in their forums. Just because a majority might not visit Blizzard's own forum, I do. I don't frequent any fansites. And I feel kept in the dark when it comes to this community.
Reply Quote
If you don't think a company owes its customer base anything, you will never run/own a successful business. No company can take such a belligerent and insulting stance to its player base and expect to succeed. Blizzard can and is, but I assure you if no changes are made to their current series, then under what insanity will/should I purchase more products?

And I think you're incorrect. Blizzard do owe me as a customer. Blizzard should be concerned when players (i am 25 and have played nearly every blizzard game since release) who have been loyal for long seriously question why they even bother following the company anymore.

The damage from the diablo series for me personally is affecting the company as a whole. Correct the company has got my money from me. But that company will struggle to keep me as a customer if this is how their game releases go now. Compare this to Diablo 2, WC3, BW, SC2. These games had appropriate post game support. These games had strong commmunities which did visit their forums.

Blizzard needs to start addressing the constant slide in quality. Blizzard built its foundation as one of the number one gaming companies in the world. It feels like a company that chases profits #1 now. A quality gaming company cannot focus on only profits. Profits will damage game play, and enjoyability.
Edited by Mustard#1834 on 7/25/2013 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Pandaren Monk
07/25/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Mustard
These games had appropriate post game support.

d2 had one guy

one guy working on it for ten years

you dont want to see a d3 with only one guy working on it
Reply Quote
wait for it......
Reply Quote
Well it may have been one guy, but that one man did more for diablo 2 than any developer in diablo 3. Focussing on one example, and ignoring SCBW, sc2 and WC3 which all show that blizzard support non subscription games far past release. Just as an exame,

D2 release date: 2000
D2 1.13 patch: 2010 (10 years later)

Keep in mind, the following major things were added to d2 was a major content patch. It refreashed the ladders, added new events, mixed up skills/synergies added new end game content in ubers.

Content releases in Diablo 3 feel slow and clunky. The developers feel scared to step on any decisions players have made since the game was released (e.g IAS nerf) and as a result changes have been slow and minimal.

Im well aware developing software in 2000 is not the same as developing in 2013, however we're talking about a multi million dollar multinational company. Not the same company which produced (Blizzard North) that produced Diablo 2. Blizzard were nearly underdogs when they started out, but it certainly feels like they have fallen vicim to a bloated staff roster and complacancy growing from a dominant market position.

Blizzard have the resources to change this game, and change it rapidly if need be. They don't appear to have the teeth, with each level of employee too scared to over step his beaurecratic bounds. Each employee seems scared to share anything with their community, and seem confused really as to any specific changes other than stating that items are an issue and they need more game changing (not breaking) items.
Reply Quote
I'm sure they're working on it. Just be patient and go play self found on a new region, much more fun.
Reply Quote
I bet part if it is not repeating mistakes. The game we received is very different form the one we were first shown. Perhaps they want to hold off showing us things until they know it will make it into the game?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
These games had appropriate post game support.

d2 had one guy

one guy working on it for ten years

you dont want to see a d3 with only one guy working on it

That one guy was pretty awesome. Especially if he came up with the synergy mechanic for the skill trees.
Edited by Syrinox#1768 on 7/25/2013 6:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/25/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Phugen
the forums are a tiny minority and blizzard knows it

Ehhhhhhhhhh.

They severely damaged their brand with D3, and they know it. They didn't just reboot Titan for fun, they know releasing a new game while their image is in the toilet is a bad idea. Which isn't to say they can't repair the damage. If they release a popular expansion and some time passes people will warm back up to them, I'm sure.

And I'd like to point out that I'm aware many people like D3 very much. They are what you would call, "the minority". There is nothing wrong with liking D3, just talking about the overall public reception.
Reply Quote
I think they plan on charging for improvements with an expansion rather than fixing what they released.

They haven't given any indication that they know what to do with the game to begin with, though honestly.

I definitely won't buy the expansion on release day. That's for sure. I remember thinking how awesome the D3 beta was, and how disappointed I was on launch day with how rushed and just overall bad it ending up being.

I'll wait for feedback. If the story and atmosphere are just as bad, I'll just move on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]