Diablo® III

Do Blizzard care?

07/25/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Phugen
Why do changes occur so slowly when the player base is largely unhappy?

the forums are a tiny minority and blizzard knows it

EA did a study and found that only 2% of players read forums, and only 10% of that actually posts

All surveys and polls are based upon a tiny sampling.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10471971/developer-interview-round-up-7-19-2013#best

theyre working on these things.
I second KAMvinci's link and suggest you check out those interviews for more information on what the Diablo III developers are currently working on. You might be pleasantly surprised! :)
Reply Quote
07/25/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I second KAMvinci's link and suggest you check out those interviews for more information on what the Diablo III developers are currently working on. You might be pleasantly surprised! :)

so, seriously, are all that going to come out free of charge? Or, it'll be added to the expansion pack of this game that we have to pay extra money to get?
Reply Quote
Well it may have been one guy, but that one man did more for diablo 2 than any developer in diablo 3. Focussing on one example, and ignoring SCBW, sc2 and WC3 which all show that blizzard support non subscription games far past release. Just as an exame,

D2 release date: 2000
D2 1.13 patch: 2010 (10 years later)

Keep in mind, the following major things were added to d2 was a major content patch. It refreashed the ladders, added new events, mixed up skills/synergies added new end game content in ubers.

Content releases in Diablo 3 feel slow and clunky.

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong here.

Diablo 2 didn't receive a single content patch from it's release until it's expansion. It was all just bug fixes and UI tweaks, there wasn't even class balancing. That's a whole year without any new content, and yet you are saying Diablo 3 content releases are slow and clunky?

A game that, within a year, has received new BiS crafting recipes and mats, paragon levels, new & improved legendaries, new & improved gems, implementation of MP levels, ubers and Hellfire ring event, Monster Density changes and more.
Reply Quote
07/25/2013 08:33 PMPosted by MisterAjikko

so, seriously, are all that going to come out free of charge? Or, it'll be added to the expansion pack of this game that we have to pay extra money to get?

That's not how the patching process works. Although new content features may launch "with" the expansion, the changes to the core game mechanics will still affect those that only own the vanilla title.
Reply Quote
I have and thank you for linking it. It was exactly the thing the community wants as far as information.

We want it more consistently. We don't want this to be the last words we hear before Blizzcon.

I suspose it will be though. For those suggesting that I lack patience, 6 months would be acceptable if that was the time before any other major information emerges. The community instead gets something like this, what? once every year or more? The game is only 2-3 years old. That seems rather slow.

They could appear to be doing more by just engaging in COMMUNICATION with their community via the forums. People would feel their concerns were being atleast acknowledged if there were a more vocal department of blizzard that doesnt just go around saying soon without providing any real information. Soon is fine if we ask for an estimate of when content changes are occuring. Design a difficult craft to provide concrete deadlines in. We don't have to be told ONLY changes that WILL occur, how about talking about changes your considering, and asking the community what they think?

Communication involves a sender, a receiver and a message. Blizzard is engaged in only the sender, and message portions of the communication triangle. A two sided triangle cannot exist.
Stop engaging your community in one way message flows.
Reply Quote
[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10471971/developer-interview-round-up-7-19-2013#best"]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10471971/developer-interview-round-up-7-19-2013#best[/url]

theyre working on these things.

Lyrra, its kamVINCI... :P JKJK
Reply Quote
Can I suggest that those things they introduced in diablo 3 were introduced because they had to be? Because the game was an even worse gaming experience than it is now?

D2 was left untouched because it had depth DESIGNED into the game. D3 has no depth so they need to chuck essentially [FREE MONEY] at the players to try make them ignore the lack of end game. Free money in this case is items that are craftable, Ubers that were meant to be shipped with the game, (They have an interview stating many of the patches near release were complete content that was not shipped with the game). That means D3 was an INCOMPLETE game.

I feel when I purchase a blizzard game I am purchasing a game I can play again and again. Many of their old classics I still play atleast monthly.

Does it feel like it with Diablo 3? Does anything change? You log in and kill the exact same monsters, with the exact same stats, abilities. Your gear at best upgrades say 2k dps because you spent like 20m on an item. The depth is gone. The things drawing you to keep playing are gone because its always, ALWAYS the same.

Isn't the definition of insanity, doing the same thing and expecting different results?
Reply Quote
I have and thank you for linking it. It was exactly the thing the community wants as far as information.

We want it more consistently.

It's been a couple of weeks since those interviews.. what exactly are you complaining about?

07/25/2013 08:40 PMPosted by Mustard
We don't want this to be the last words we hear before Blizzcon.

They won't be, and if you read the interviews thoroughly you would know this. :)
Devs have confirmed they will be announcing information between now and Blizzcon.
Reply Quote
20 Pandaren Monk
07/25/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Mustard
Does anything change? You log in and kill the exact same monsters, with the exact same stats, abilities.

but enough about d2
Reply Quote
D2 was left untouched because it had depth DESIGNED into the game.

did you mean D2 : LOD? cause D2 were shallower than D3.
Edited by kamVINCI#6459 on 7/25/2013 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They've said they've wanted to be more involved with their community since release. It's been pretty hollow until now.

Yay they provided information so let's forget about giant information void before that? Weeks is still very long in design processes, things change, why do the community not get fed information constantly? rather than HUGE information dumps within days of each other? It only suggests that no real information will be released until blizzcon and they are happy with the status quo.

Constantly letting the community have an idea on what they are working on would allieviate many fears that Blizzard doesnt listen to the community.

Finally, since those announcements, how many meaningful posts from Blues have you seen around the forums?

Rather than ignore my entire post and just link information (WHICH I COMMENT ABOUT ANYWAY) makes me feel like they ignored my post, read the title and posted a generic reply.

IF CM's are paid to reply to their customers, they do a pretty woefully inadequate job.

To illustrate my point I am going to blindly copy paste the last 5 topics I see a blue reply, to show the average quality of a response.

(good response to community)

While this is not the sort of thing we generally sticky, I've greatly extended the post-cap, so you should be set for quite awhile to come. :)

(obvious bull crap how can dead posts always get passed onto individuals in blizz? Why would they choose then not to reply? Why NOT reply just to say I've passed that on to the team, thanks. They want you to believe every post is read and passed on to the team, despite never responding, isnt that convenient?)

I personally saw it on Monday (it was posted on Sunday) and have been tracking it and passing it along to relevant individuals since then. Simply because we don't comment on a thread does not mean it escapes notice. It's quite the opposite, actually!

(meaningful /sarcasm, ps I only die to savage beasts when the game rubber bands... and I dont flee their charge... thank god that was addressed in a patch...)

Savage Beasts are one of my arch enemies for sure. What about you?

(empty content post, community aimed, and no other blue posts or community posters have posted in this thread LOL)

Whether by wielding strong axes or by harnessing the forces of the arcane, the heroes of Diablo III are united in their shared passion for laying waste to demons.

This week Diablo IncGamers posed a question over on Twitter, which we'll also echo here:

What Diablo III Class Have You Played the Most, and Why?

Leave a comment below to let us know which you would choose and why, or head over to our latest blog and find out more: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10499885/[/quote]

As you can see, there are barely any responses, and of those, they talk about things like "I LIKE DIABLOS FURRY HORNS. THEY MAKE ME HAPPY".

Not content rich information about the game, No really meaningful in anyway.
Reply Quote
Being able to play a sorc 4 or 5 different ways was still interesting. How many different ways can you play a wizard? Or Barb? There are very few viable builds. Viable meaning with equivilant damage output/farming efficiency

And yes I meant D2LoD. D2 was not a good game until the expansion you are correct.
Reply Quote
Would you say Diablo 3 has a good reputation? Because I'd like to hire a rock near you.

For it to have a good reputation it needs a community (it barely has one, and mostly because of other titles like WoW and D2), and a quality product. Blizzard definitely do not have a good product in Diablo 3. True sales have been good, but the community has been toxic like I have never seen for a Blizzard release before. Absolutely overwhelming negativity from the community in game and in their own forums. People purchased Diablo 3 on Blizzards brand image. That image just took a huge fall in gaming circles.
Reply Quote
im waiting to do my full review until D3 xpac. :) for now i enjoyed everything, but yeah i expect more soon(tm)
Reply Quote
Perhaps Xanzul, when you receive overwhelming negativity about something, perhaps, just maybe perhaps it isn't a good thing? Or we can just dismiss them as whiny babies and say the games perfect.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]