Diablo® III

.23 EF

For !@#$s sake people.....

A .23 EF hits 2.501 with 4 slots of AS (9,9,9,8)

I'm getting sick of all you %^-*ers that keep saying only a .24 and up hit that breakpoint with 4 slots of attack speed. Please post the correct information......

That is all
Reply Quote
says the guy with the 0.23 EF......I gotta know......umadbrah? :P
Reply Quote
who cares f them i dont even hit 2.8/2.5 with my axe/ef too much hassle for 5 9ias in gear.
Reply Quote
View profile
Seriously??? Just go kill some demons dude,
Reply Quote
Tbh it does, but 8/8/9/9 just makes gearing a bit easier :)
Reply Quote
.23 is for poor people and scrubs
Reply Quote
07/25/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Death
says the guy with the 0.23 EF......I gotta know......umadbrah? :P

lol

Just mad that the .23 isn't getting the proper credit. Obviously not as good as a .24 or .25, but still hits the bp...that is all
Reply Quote
07/25/2013 10:12 PMPosted by tomcruise
.23 is for poor people and scrubs

Definitely for scrubs :)
Reply Quote
I hit the 2.85/2.5 combo on both my HC and SC barb. Why am I telling you? Why not.

Using a .25 in SC allowed me to use a 7as axe for the 2.85 bp. If I dropped down to .23 I would have to get a higher attack speed axe.
Edited by MASKOAA#1251 on 7/25/2013 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^^^

I totally get it dude.

The only point to make is that a .23 EF can hit 2.501 with 4 slots of AS. I'm not saying they are 4 easy slots to make, but (9,9,9,8) does hit it. A .22 or .21 will not hit 2.501 with only 4 slots.
Reply Quote
It was me your honor...I admit to being guilty of recommending only +0.24 and higher. I know it can be done with less, but you pay a premium for 9% ias on the normal ias slots, which tends to be more than the +0.24 premium.
Reply Quote
.23 scrub reporting in....oh wait, my other barb has a .24 so does that make me half a scrub?
Reply Quote
Lul. And if you ever want to upgrade from 2.5 to 2.85 you're pretty much !@#$ed.

Just saying.
Reply Quote
Lul. And if you ever want to upgrade from 2.5 to 2.85 you're pretty much !@#$ed.

Just saying.

Why would you say something like that?

Last time I checked a .24 and a .25 still take 7 slots to hit 2.86

What do you think (9,9,9,9,9,9,8) gets you with a .23?

I'm not arguing that a .23 is some magic weapon and that everybody should go out and buy one. I'm just saying that a .23 can hit the same breakpoints as a .24 or a .25 with the same number of attack speed slots. Obviously there isn't much flexibility in what those slots can be. I'm not making that argument......
Edited by DrFish#1781 on 7/26/2013 1:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Just saying.

Why would you say something like that?

Last time I checked a .24 and a .25 still take 7 slots to hit 2.86

What do you think (9,9,9,9,9,9,8) gets you with a .23?

I'm not arguing that a .23 is some magic weapon and that everybody should go out and buy one. I'm just saying that a .23 can hit the same breakpoints as a .24 or a .25 with the same number of attack speed slots. Obviously there isn't much flexibility in what those slots can be. I'm not making that argument......

Do a cost comparison of almost a full set of 9%s vs the cost of a 0.24 or a 0.25 as compared to a 0.23
Reply Quote
need 0.24+ aps bcos you not always lucky to craft 8-9% ias gloves.. (or maybe amulet)
Edited by SabenarianX#6876 on 7/26/2013 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not arguing that a .23 is a great choice. All I'm saying is that it can hit the breakpoints with the same number of attack speed slots. Obviously from a cost standpoint it is significantly easier to start with a better (.24 or .25) EF. I'm just saying that it can hit the same breakpoints with the same number of slots of attack speed. Why is everybody talking about cost now? I totally agree on cost and also ease of gearing. You are definitely geared into a tight corner with a .23 EF. Not saying that is not the case.
Reply Quote
View profile
People still use EFs?
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 01:37 AMPosted by RagingKoala
People still use EFs?

Only scrubs....lol
Reply Quote
.23 is fine if you never ever intend on going past 2.5bp. However if you choose to go beyond that, you will eventually find yourself in a situation in which you will be like..................sh1t if I had a .24 or .25 I can hit another BP and increase tDPS by 300k. your other alternative will be two extra gear slots with IAS.

But like you said..............if you only intend to go 2.5 what does it matter. I dont agree with this, as I believe all people are looking to upgrade and eventually you will want one. Trust me! You will realize that having IAS on like 6 or 7 pieces of gear usually sacrifices way too much other damage afflixes(str, Crit hit, Crit damage, and avg damage) and thus thus who usually have ultra high IAS usually have lower DPS.......both Paper and tDPS or hDPS.

Again for now it works for you. In the future it won't. In the long run I think Uberjagger stated it best. Your gonna spend more money trying to make it work. Your going to spend more money in the wrong run getting to where you want to be.

Amazes me that people think that the 9,9,8,8 2.5/2.5 setup is some kind of benchmark. From a HOTA perspective its meaningless and from a WW perspective its the beginning point. Its nothing special. If your hybrid WW/HOTA play then you need determine for yourself how much tDPS comes into play with your play style. Lastly in relation to your comment about speaking correct.......its only correct for 2.5/2.5 build. Once you want to go to higher split BP builds its incorrect and a waste of money/gold.
Edited by BigBaller#1318 on 7/26/2013 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]