Diablo® III

Good DPS!?!?

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what good to pro dps is for a demon hunter?

thank you!.
Reply Quote
At least 400k no sharpshooter no steady aim no archery
At least 450k archery only
At least 500k with archery and steady aim
Reply Quote
Unbuffed DPS mainly for Mantico:

LOL DPS < 100k
Noob DPS < 200k
Mediocre DPS > 200k
Good DPS > 300k
Great DPS > 400k
Godly DPS > 500k
OMFG DPS > 600k
Reply Quote
with archery passive, 280k-300k is fine on mp10, as long as you're dps-ing consistently,

but wow I didn't realise the dps bar has been raised much higher nowadays.
Reply Quote
This is my wonder too. Do anyone have reference MP10 Ghom kill time or eDPS rank for DH ?

So far my best MP10 Ghom at kill time at:
- 55 seconds on Bola-ID/EB --> around 2.5M eDPS
- 48 seconds on Cluster Grenades/EB
Reply Quote
9 sec MP10, here you go :-)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9499701711
Reply Quote
Time taken 15 Second. Start RF at 6.10 sec and Ghom died at 21.19 = 15.09 sec.
9.2M eDPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Z5yYTiqQA

Edit: Please don't bring Nyan in.
Edited by Cameo#6595 on 7/26/2013 1:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Time taken 15 Second. Start RF at 6.10 sec and Ghom died at 21.19 = 15.09 sec.
9.2M eDPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Z5yYTiqQA

haha.. still thinking is 15 eh..
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 01:02 AMPosted by Cameo

It was too tempting, could not resist :-)

Is your 15 sec without using snapshot mechanics? I can't look at YT at the moment, but if it is without gear swapping that 15 sec is extremely good.
Reply Quote
oh btw, ur sentry hits at 3 second mark. So don't try to cheat?
Reply Quote
No gear swapping mechanics. You just want to benchmark the actual eDPS possible.
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 01:08 AMPosted by SwSw

NP. Beat my time then talk.
I don't want to spend time improving it.
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 01:11 AMPosted by Cameo

NP. Beat my time then talk.
I don't want to spend time improving it.

I don't have a proper DH atm.

And last I check, I wasn't the one who came and posted wrong results.

Oh btw, beat your time then talk? Hmm, u've yet to beat Impreza's time. XD
Reply Quote
How about none RF build ?

15 seconds non swap RF is really impressive
Edited by vaansteer#6919 on 7/26/2013 1:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No such thing as pro DPS - paypal, RNG drop, and xcopying website gearing invalidate that.

Good DPS is relative to the MP you're playing in, same with bad. There's also good and bad usage of said DPS.

Ghom runs :\ the dude doesn't even have any crowd control and kind of just sits there. If he could actually kill you things would change.

"boards don't hit back"

Why not bring up Nyan? I don't see the problem, he' simulating higher DPS anyway. It's the elephant in the room, isn't it.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 7/26/2013 1:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 01:41 AMPosted by ActionKungfu
Why not bring up Nyan? I don't see the problem, he' simulating higher DPS anyway. It's the elephant in the room, isn't it.

If manual gears swapping like what we used to do with MF gears is fine but........
Reply Quote

If manual gears swapping like what we used to do with MF gears is fine but........

I dont' really know what you sayin... I mean I know what the MF gear swapping thing was about, but I'm not understanding what you're saying with how you worded this sentence.

The easy answer to this thread, imo, is that "good DPS" is maximizing your % weapon damage output with the skills you've decided to slot on your skillbar(preferably in a build that makes sense, based on a variety of ever changing gameplay factors). It's something that isn't mutually exclusive with your sheet DPS. Any 'Joe Nephalem' can fall into gold one way or another, and just copy what he sees from someone else's profile, look tight and post tight.

Nyan laughs in the face of sheet DPS anyway, that's why I called it the elephant in the room.

Too much obsession with sheet DPS, and not enough on actually maximizing the attacks you've chosen to use through DH experience. I guess gear can trump experience in this game, anyway.

That's all I meant, really.

Plus personally, it's easy for me to say this because my gear always sucks(relative to everyone that posts on the forums at least), so it forced me to squeeze every bit out of what I have available to me gameplay wise.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 7/26/2013 2:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, we all know sheet DPS is not everything anyway, that is why keep the focus on MP10 eDPS.

Ghom, Azmodan, Belial are good eDPS tester as they can be easily reach and big enough to sustain constant damage.
- Generally, if one can survive MP10 Belial fight, they tend to have around 800K to 1M eHP.
- Acceptable MP10 elite kill time is when a class can perform around 2M+ eDPS.
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 02:26 AMPosted by vaansteer
Well, we all know sheet DPS is not everything anyway

this
Reply Quote
If you would like, ill post a video w/o 9000 dex irl. ^.^ it still would be

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what good to pro dps is for a demon hunter?

thank you!.

To answer your question, pro dps is relative to what your doing. Even with 660k dps + SoJ on straft, it still sucks for playing mp10 (nyan tried).

Generally if you have ~ 300k dps with good eHP, I would consider it good because upgrades are gonna cost 1b+ most likely at this point.

@Cameo

I think you can get ur ghom time down to 12-13 seconds if you did 4 jagged spikes, rain of vengence, choking gas and let the ls from chakram heal you instead of RF.
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 7/26/2013 5:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]