Diablo® III

Vault - Trail of Ice

Just a random thought...

While farming the other day, I was musing over the trail of fire I was leaving behind as I Vaulted, and it dawned on me that the following Rune would be pretty neat

Trail of Ice

Leave a trail of ice in your wake that slows all monsters in its wake by 60% over 3 seconds.

I'd venture that it would be more useful than Action Shot.
Reply Quote
in; slowed for 80% tho
Reply Quote
will we have a chance to slip and fall on the landing?
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 10:56 AMPosted by hmk21
in; slowed for 80% tho

Or... how about a freeze for 1 to 1.5 seconds.

Our limited Discipline regen would prevent us from being becoming the next CM Wiz... but a freeze defensive utility would be really interesting. I could definitely see a skill rotation that involves dropping Spike Traps and then Vaulting over a pack to proc CtW.

07/26/2013 10:59 AMPosted by Killua
will we have a chance to slip and fall on the landing?

Yes, 10% change to bust your !@#, lol.
Reply Quote
Nyan wanta a sentry bubble which increases damage or monsters take more damage ^.^
Reply Quote
I want a linear attack that can pierce through waller
Reply Quote
You don't need trail of ice
8 discipline for slow is a waste, when you can use caltrops to do the same. I do it all the time. Try playing with the skill.
Reply Quote
8 discipline for slow is a waste, when you can use caltrops to do the same. I do it all the time. Try playing with the skill.

Caltrops is great, I use it all the time. Was just throwing out a suggestion that would allow you to tie CC to Vault... thereby freeing a slot.

Was just a random thought, I'm cool with what we have... just thought others would find it to be interesting.
Reply Quote
Stack 5-10% freeze on gear then you don't need trail of ice.

^ this is the problem with this idea, but the problem behind being people don't like to stack up affix on gear instead everyone is blinded by their dps and the mp level they think they need to reach.
Reply Quote
good idea!

....or Trail of Death (Vault and M4D)

Leave a trail of death -> marked enemy will take 12% additional damage for the next 5 seconds...

:)
Reply Quote
Trail of Nyan~

Leave a trail of Nyan's that hug ur enemies over 5 seconds.
Reply Quote
Trail of Nyan~

May explode prematurely, releasing a Rain of Nyans that turns monsters into cuddly puppies.
Reply Quote

Well duh you don't need it, there's tons of ways to slow already. Doesn't mean it isn't a cool idea. :)

Personally I like the idea, it's nice to tie some utility to vault for those that don't just want to run tumble. In my old tank build I used to have 75% CC/3+ APS and with nightstalker I had tons of extra disc so I would vault into/over packs with ToC, and often zig zag over them repeatedly for the extra ToC damage. Having a rune that would slow mobs as you vaulted away from them would be really cool. I like the idea. Would be nice if it did a bit of damage too. Freeze would probably be OP.
Reply Quote
great idea! opens doors in terms of interesting ways to integrate CoW passive too
Edited by DISCO#1500 on 7/26/2013 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Trail of Nyan~

Trail of Nyan

Leaves a trail of fish smell that deals damage by 150% of weapon damage, and with channeling effect.

Oh snap!
Edited by Iscariot#1538 on 7/26/2013 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think this is quite cool. We should have more cold or freezing skills. It makes the cold build more fun
Reply Quote
The only COLD damage we have is FROST ARROW, right?
Reply Quote
Yes, unless you are counting a cold weapon, ammy, or SoJ on a black damage attack.
Reply Quote
Maybe if it was even Vault runed Caltops with a slow of 60%, would be nice to have some small cc instead of small damage with ToC
Reply Quote
View profile

Just a random thought...

While farming the other day, I was musing over the trail of fire I was leaving behind as I Vaulted, and it dawned on me that the following Rune would be pretty neat

Trail of Ice

Leave a trail of ice in your wake that slows all monsters in its wake by 60% over 3 seconds.

I'd venture that it would be more useful than Action Shot.

I've have a similar Idea to this which is: Drop mini caltrops when vaulting.

Don't take my Action Shot away from me though. :( Seriously, I love that rune.

Maybe an idea such as yours could work well as a new Legendary Item bonus (i.e. your runed vault would still work the same way, but with the added trail of ice bonus).
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 7/27/2013 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]