Diablo® III

expansion

im just kinda curious if there is any talk of a expansion pack for Diablo 3 in the near future
Reply Quote
Knowing Blizzard, I would be surprised if they didn't have any expansions planned. Lord of Destruction for Diablo 2 is still one of my all-time favorite expansions for any game, lol. I imagine any news about an expansion would likely be announced at Blizzcon this November.
Reply Quote
Near future, i have no idea sadly... they've been keeping quiet about when lol.
But since the begining they've been saying two expansions were in the works.

I'm totally psyched for that :D
Reply Quote
View profile
Near future, i have no idea sadly... they've been keeping quiet about when lol.
But since the begining they've been saying two expansions were in the works.

I'm totally psyched for that :D

Truth be told there was never a real confirmation of there being 2 expansions, maybe you are referring to the "leaked" timetable that indicated that there will be 2 expansions.

It's possible and very likely there will be 2 or more expansions but we have no official confirmation of this yet, what we do know is.

The only official news we have so far from a tweet from Mike Morhaime's official twitter earlier this year that yes there will be an expansion, no indication of how many there will be in total, no we do not know the name, no we do not know what the story will be, and no we do not know any gameplay features or changes coming in the expansion.
Reply Quote
Diablo 1 had no expansion
Warcraft III had 1 expansion
Diablo II had 1 expansion
World of Warcraft had 4 expansions
Starcraft 2 has 1 expansion and there is 1 more already confirmed - 2 expansions

Diablo 3 may have 1,2 or 3 expansions... who knows... one thing that we know is: there is a lot of lore missing in this games, that has been already touched! Covetous Shen, for example... Adria... whatever happened to the black soulstone... what ever happened to Malthael... Imperius and his period... etc
Reply Quote
There has been quite a stir up about this topic in the past month. Someone wrote an article (which may be false) claiming Diablo 3 already has an expansion in the works that was delayed until 2014. The only reason why this article might be true is Diablo 3 devs have said:

BlizzCon is going to be amazing this year!

This post on DiabloIncGamers covered the whole thing. (copy and paste in the address bar)
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-expansion-delayed-to-2014
Edited by Finnway#1220 on 7/29/2013 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have not read all the way through this Thread yet, but Diablo 1 did have an expansion - Hellfire.
Reply Quote
07/30/2013 01:42 AMPosted by Elsanto
Blizz mentioned there would definitely be 2 expansion for D3, but it would be after wow's next expansion and SC2: LotV. so we're looking at post 2014.

I'm not the only one with this belief. I'm pretty sure two expansions are in the making.
Reply Quote
07/29/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Zero
e missing in this games, that has been already touched! Covetous Shen, for example... Adria... whatever happened to the black soulstone... what ever happened to Malthael... Imperius and his period

Not to mention the other lore on characters that have yet to be touched by the game. The Dragon, Trang'Oul and the whole Balance being out of wack now that Light is in power. Inarius is still nowhere to be seen. And this may be a minor thing, but I want to know where the follower's own stories are going.
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Desenova
Inarius is still nowhere to be seen. And this may be a minor thing, but I want to know where the follower's own stories are going.

Or Lilith... I want mommy to return damnit! :D

Hooorah !
Reply Quote
It would be nice to see if we actually do get to meet the scoundrel's brother and his wife or engage the Templar Order for their plotting to overthrow the heavens. How does Tyrael's rejoining heaven in a new role change things?
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Rain
Inarius is still nowhere to be seen. And this may be a minor thing, but I want to know where the follower's own stories are going.

Hooorah !

Lilith was one of the sub ubers in diablo 2 I believe
Reply Quote
View profile
Diablo 1 had no expansion
Warcraft III had 1 expansion
Diablo II had 1 expansion
World of Warcraft had 4 expansions
Starcraft 2 has 1 expansion and there is 1 more already confirmed - 2 expansions

Diablo 3 may have 1,2 or 3 expansions... who knows... one thing that we know is: there is a lot of lore missing in this games, that has been already touched! Covetous Shen, for example... Adria... whatever happened to the black soulstone... what ever happened to Malthael... Imperius and his period... etc

Diablo 1 had hellfire :P
Reply Quote
View profile
08/03/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Toppy

Hooorah !

Lilith was one of the sub ubers in diablo 2 I believe

yea but the ubers in D2 arn't cannon. Liliith is still out there somewhere.
Reply Quote
The devs have been really quiet about D3, there is almost certainly an expansion in the near foreseeable future; this is also why we haven't seen quick improvements/fixes to D3 because they don't have the resources to work backwards and pump out an xpac individually. Its easier to work on both in conjunction and deliver both fresh projects nearly at the same time.

We'll probably see loot 2.0, and then the D3 xpac shortly there after.
Edited by Aqualung#1148 on 8/11/2013 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/ I think that answers your quesions
Reply Quote
Reaper of Souls...

Death resurrecting Terror works thematically.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]