Diablo® III

Monks come enlighten me!

So recently I sold off some of my barb gear and was planning to just hold the gold. However, now I am considering about gearing my monk. Now here are the questions. Lets say with a 5b budget what type of monk will I be able to get running dual LS? Does Dashing Strike allow me to keep up with a HoTA/WW Barb in VoTA?

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
View profile
S&B Traitor!! Oh, wait, I have both baba and monk... lol :)
Hiya Kan 5b is more than enough, you should check out Spear's thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9464286344
Reply Quote

Oh don't worry I am not rerolling :)!

Interesting thread I will take a look. Although I do kinda want double LS and OWE free lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
Your VOTA runs are going to be MP10?
Reply Quote
07/28/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Wannabee808
Your VOTA runs are going to be MP10?

Mostly 9. Tbh I pretty much only farm with Nived and RagingKoala, so it really depends on what they do. However, I might as well prepare for 10 if I am going to gear :p.
Reply Quote
Had a long talk with Wannabee and he got my interest up especially with Nirvana lol.
Reply Quote
Generally if you geared yourself with Passive Free (Passive free = not bound to One With Everything, Seize the Initiative) you can have a monk that can handle almost every builds.

2H : Tempest Rush (TR) + Wave of Light (Bell) needs a LS% Skorn, inna head with regen, SoJ with regen.
DW: two great 1H weapon.
S&B: A shield with 8%CC++.

If you are not gonna invest in a cc mempo, you can opt for Inna head + pants, Nat ring & boot, crafted bracer/glove/ammy, VW/crafted shoulder, which will left you with:
Belt: Non TR shall use TWH, TR use Inna
chest: anything from Inna / BT / tal / crafted

The real issue is you need minimum 500AR & 4.5k armor for a passive free gears. Its cheaper if you include any/all of the mentioned passive to be stapled to your build.
Reply Quote
Welcome to enlightenment 'kan.
Reply Quote
@yuhhaur

Thank for the reply. Really appreciate it :)

@grogan

Not long long now until the enlightenment starts spreading to barb forums :p.
Reply Quote
C'mon guys I know there are more of you willing to help! Kim? Fitz?
Reply Quote
07/28/2013 09:06 PMPosted by xxxkan
Does Dashing Strike allow me to keep up with a HoTA/WW Barb in VoTA?

Yes, with dual wield & high APS. But, not dependably since DS needs destructibles/mobs. A dead zone will put you way behind. A bunch of mobs will put you way ahead. In VOTA probably similar average speed to WW barb.

Just this morning I put on my ~3.5 APS set and did a DS circle around FOM where there are lots of mobs/destructibles. No way a WW barb would keep up.

Last night I did an uber run and game creator was on the wrong quest. We decided faster to run to butcher and kill him than remake and reaquire 5 stack. I easily beat the 2 sprint barbs running through Halls of Agony.
Reply Quote

lol =P

@xxxkan,
what will you use your monk for? trash/elite, DE, XP, Ubers, or/and leg/item farming? Solo/group?
Reply Quote
Yes, with dual wield & high APS. But, not dependably since DS needs destructibles/mobs. A dead zone will put you way behind. A bunch of mobs will put you way ahead. In VOTA probably similar average speed to WW barb.

I guess as long as I don't fall too behind its fine.

@xxxkan,
what will you use your monk for? trash/elite, DE, XP, Ubers, or/and leg/item farming? Solo/group?

VoTA DE Farming and I guess be the group person who pulls everything in :D
Reply Quote
07/29/2013 11:57 AMPosted by xxxkan
VoTA DE Farming and I guess be the group person who pulls everything in :D

woops pressed submit by accident

check out Nameless gearing choice and build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nameless-1537/hero/3704764

DE Farming in Vota on lower MPs .. don't remember the exact one but I think *Druin* did his most optimal on MP6 so try MP5-8 and feel for your most efficient MP

for Cyclone Strike, aka the pull monk, just switch Firestorm to CS =)
Empowering Wave will be your heal, Quickening and Strong Spirit to fill your spirit globe

don't ask me about playstyle as I've never tried it before ... don't have a LS Skorn = /
my build is budget nirvana if you want to try it out
Edited by QHTran#1403 on 7/29/2013 4:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]