Diablo® III

Attack speed of WoL(Wave of Light)

Does anyone know the attack speed of WoL?

In my simple test, if you are using AS1 weapon, you are not casting one WoL per sec, but actually 1.33(1/0.75) sec.

Just like MK Spirit generator, every spirit generator has its own build-in attack speed, such as FoT=1.5(average), I think WoL attack speed is 0.75.

I am looking for more detailed testing result, if anyone knows it.

Thanks for ur time.
Reply Quote
AS? you can cast more than 1 before first hits ground

thats confusing

i mean ive cast enough to kill myself without ever seeing them.

there that should clear it up
Edited by Darth#1885 on 7/28/2013 10:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's haste modifier is generally accepted as 0.75. I remember some small discrepancies during another player's test, but nothing major.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Technically, in my tests, WoL took 81 frames when recorded at 60fps. This would mean it has an attack speed mod of 0.7407.

The runes Explosive Light and Pillar of the Ancients both took exactly 80 frames which is an 0.75 APS mod.

-Druin, the happy monk
Reply Quote
Hi Druin,

With your current Druin setup, what is your average WoL when crit?

thx.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
With overawe + Faith I crit for ~4m per-tick against elites.

I have no idea what it is against white mobs without Faith + overawe ... but it's a lot less! :D
Reply Quote
Very nice! Mine only does average 1.2 mil (with WoL-Empowered + Faith) so I keep spamming bells! I am having mild trouble managing Spirit if I use WoL-Wall of Light + Overawe even with similar SoJ like yours.

Also, it seems WoL - Explosive Light have the highest crit numbers when hit and even more than Wall Of Light. (from my observation from the screen) but pretty annoying to group play.
Edited by CryingSoul#1911 on 7/29/2013 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
I do not think Wall of Light is very good for most monks.

I like it because I can 1 shot many of the elites on MP7 VotA. For most of the game, I prefer Empowered Wave to Wall of Light due to spirit management and incoming-live-regen issues.

07/29/2013 09:53 AMPosted by CryingSoul
Also, it seems WoL - Explosive Light have the highest crit numbers when hit and even more than Wall Of Light. (from my observation from the screen) but pretty annoying to group play.

This is because Explosive Light does 100% of its damage in 1 hit while Wall of Light and Empowered Wave both do their damage in 4 separate hits.

WoL:Empowered - 276.3% + 276.3% + 276.3% + 96%
WoL:Wall - 400.7% + 400.7% + 400.7% + 96%
WoL:Explosive - 914%
WoL:Pillar - 595% + 595%

This is why you see the highest numbers with Explosive Light, the second highest with Pillar, the third highest with Wall and the lowest with Empowered.

Despite the numbers looking different, Wall still does the most total damage and Explosive does the least.

Explosive Light is a terrible rune btw! :D
Edited by Druin#1518 on 7/29/2013 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What can I say ... nice breakdowns of the analysis! Not sure if I see 4 continuous hits but I trust you for your expertise in monk :) .. so it looks like Empower would have better crit DPS per Spirit spends.

1296% -> 75 spirit = 17% dmg per Spirit
924% -> 40 spirit = 23% dmg per Spirit
(Some roundups here and there)

I agreed EL and Pillar pretty bad. Explosive Light would be a good rune to annoy Archon Wiz or WD (Firebat - CoB)..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]