Diablo® III

Advice on my WD gear. Should I drop some AR?

Been building my WD the last couple weeks and changing allot of gear around. Im sitting at 1k AR, 3.9k armor and 62k life.

Before I had about 850 AR and 4500 armor but armor seemed like such a waste. I don't know how much AR is over kill but I'm debating on dropping 200 AR for about 20-30k more life.

Just wanted to get some advice from vet WDs since I'm new to playing WD.
Reply Quote
Here's a simple argument I keep having with myself.

WD #1 has 60k Life. WD #2 has 80k Life.

If both of them are surviving and killing things in a reasonable amount of time, why go for more Life if you don't need it?

Same thing with AR though. You really don't need too much~

So after looking at your toon, I would try to get:

+ More DPS
+ 7 PUR Somewhere in there
+ Bats reduction on either SOJ or Helm

but that's just my opinion though. It is up to you to make "The Move" hahahaha Im hilarious :D

(I remember I made the same joke on your last thread about you hesitating to buy a weapon and not making "The Move" :P)
Reply Quote
I have a nice crafted tri gloves that also have 7 pick up radius but no AR. I could wear them but if I was fussy about pick up radius I would just grab the mojo with +20 and lose the tal chest.
Reply Quote
On the SoJ. I don't see any WDs using a SoJ. As for my mana I could grab a few more 8ias on my items and still CoB forever. The 30% dmg to elites would be nice but with gruesome feast my dps jumps to 400k if the fight lasts more than 5 seconds and elites go down really fast.

I feel the 70Ar on the ring is more valuable than any dps. I can stand in anything up to mp9 and only a few things make me move in mp10.

Im not a fan of mp10 as its not efficient to play on.
Edited by TheMove#1955 on 8/2/2013 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
TheMove, many Witch Doctors use a Stone of Jordan.
Increase damage vs elites is huge.
-Cost of Bears
-Cost of Firebats
+Damage to spirit barrage well of souls is actually 4x the listed damage bonus

d3up.com will tell you whether armor or all resists would give you more mitigation.

Also if I have any advice based on your character, it is to get more DPS without sacrificing life and mitigation. Perhaps Mojo.

Drop splinters for hex or big bad voodoo slam dance.

If you're not having trouble in MP9/8, whatever you play in, I suggest trying an SoJ with -firebats over the Litany, swapping out blood ritual for something else such as:
Jungle fort, Spirit Vessel, Pierce the veil, probably others.
Edited by MCP#1477 on 8/2/2013 10:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
TheMove, many Witch Doctors use a Stone of Jordan.
Increase damage vs elites is huge.
-Cost of Bears
-Cost of Firebats
+Damage to spirit barrage well of souls is actually 4x the listed damage bonus

d3up.com will tell you whether armor or all resists would give you more mitigation.

Also if I have any advice based on your character, it is to get more DPS without sacrificing life and mitigation. Perhaps Mojo.

Drop splinters for hex or big bad voodoo slam dance.

If you're not having trouble in MP9/8, whatever you play in, I suggest trying an SoJ with -firebats over the Litany, swapping out blood ritual for something else such as:
Jungle fort, Spirit Vessel, Pierce the veil, probably others.

Thanks for the advice. I just had splinters on bc i had to power through all inferno and complete it tonight. Pure torture doing it hehe.

I do mp10 with no issues just think mp10 is nothing special and I rather farm mp9 twice as fast. I just added some more pickup radius gear. Biding on a better zun mojo and will pick up a SoJ.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]