Diablo® III

Blizzard, is self-found on the way?

(Locked)

08/07/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Charlie
These threads please die. Trading is the essence of a Diablo game.

Optional mode. Meaning, you do not have to participate in it if you don't want to gimp yourself. All good!
I should hope not. People can play self found today. They don't need a special mode Blizzard should put resources into a mode that flies in the face of the diablo concept. They have the ability to not click on the Ah, why because they are paranoid they might rub up against a sf player that cheated. They want a different drop system because they don't use the ah'S. Gee we all would like a different drop system and Blizzard is looking into it. So now they would have to support two drop systems , forget it.
100 Draenei Hunter
08/07/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Charlie
Trading is the essence of a Diablo game.

No, killing monsters and taking their stuff is the essence of a Diablo game. Trading is just an incredibly dull way to improve your gear.
Self found mode is something Blizzard should work on when it has the luxury of a good game. Why would any group of gamers request a useless mode for a game, when the actual fundamentals of said game are broken beyond comprehension.

I mean if you gave me an option of new/redone legendary/set items, versus the same or similar item system (because let's face it, we won't get an itemization patch AND a new mode together in the same decade with this team), but the option to play without the AH influence whatsoever, it would take serious self control for me not to punch every person who suggested Self found mode over fixed itemization in the face.

You keep speaking about true Diablo fans wanting self found, but you are completely misguided. True Diablo fans want a game that makes sense. If you think self found mode would benefit the game right now, you really need a helmet.
08/07/2013 10:17 AMPosted by DeadRu
I should hope not. People can play self found today. They don't need a special mode Blizzard should put resources into a mode that flies in the face of the diablo concept. They have the ability to not click on the Ah, why because they are paranoid they might rub up against a sf player that cheated. They want a different drop system because they don't use the ah'S. Gee we all would like a different drop system and Blizzard is looking into it. So now they would have to support two drop systems , forget it.

Self-found isn't a 'special mode'. Self-found is the essence of Diablo. Yes, trading has always been there as a little side-grade option if you can't seem to find what you need. But straight out purchasing your gear with real money is not only a sham for the Diablo franchise, it is generally considered to be awful and shameful by the entire gaming community.

I'm not against options in a game, though. The problem here is that the RMAH users don't want more modes because it would reduce the significance of their purchases / sales, and the self-found players want more modes because the RMAH reduces the significance of their hard work and found loot.

The whole design of the game in its current form from the AH to lack of character building flies in the face of what a Diablo game is supposed to be anyway.

This would at least bring a dirt-free, pseudo offline mode (available in the other iterations of Diablo) in for the folks who want it as an OPTION.

Key word is Optional.
Self found mode is something Blizzard should work on when it has the luxury of a good game. Why would any group of gamers request a useless mode for a game, when the actual fundamentals of said game are broken beyond comprehension.

I mean if you gave me an option of new/redone legendary/set items, versus the same or similar item system (because let's face it, we won't get an itemization patch AND a new mode together in the same decade with this team), but the option to play without the AH influence whatsoever, it would take serious self control for me not to punch every person who suggested Self found mode over fixed itemization in the face.

You keep speaking about true Diablo fans wanting self found, but you are completely misguided. True Diablo fans want a game that makes sense. If you think self found mode would benefit the game right now, you really need a helmet.

Like I've said before: none of the solutions will work without the other. Itemization / loot updates won't fix the game in the long run, because within minutes the RMAH will still offer the absolutely best gear again, and everything else will be crap. Nor will just a self-found solution fix the game, because finding viable loot still takes too much time, and there are too few options in terms of gear for your characters.

Together though, they'd make a great game.
Okay okay I finally get it. Self found players are explaining that the essence of Diablo is finding ones own things. Well here is why we don't need a mode for that...

IF WE DON'T HAVE FIXED ITEMIZATION, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FIND USEFUL THINGS TO USE FOR OURSELVES. HENCE WHY DO WE NEED AN OPTIONAL MODE FOR THIS GAME FOR A SMALL SECT OF PLAYERS, WHEN THE UNDERLYING PROBLEM IS THE ITEMS WE CAN "SELF FIND" ARE CRAPPY.

What you folks refuse to understand is, what you want, and what we want, is the same thing. The only difference is, we are asking for a FIX to ITEMIZATION, so we can FIND USEFUL STUFF, and you are ASKING FOR A NEW MODE TO FIND CRAPPY STUFF ALREADY IN THE GAME.
View profile

Ah Otis, still hoping for that self-found mode that's never going to happen ey?

Just like pvp was supposed to ship with the game, and then be added later on.. and then riiiight =)

Keep waiting.

Hmm. You didn't read the blue post in this thread, sir? lol
Gee we all would like a different drop system and Blizzard is looking into it. So now they would have to support two drop systems , forget it.

You're exactly right except in your assumption that they couldn't support two (almost identical) drop systems. Why wouldn't they? It would be for money reasons or stubbornness and not for any other reasons because technologically and design-wise there is absolutely no reason why they couldn't have done this a long time ago. How they go about it though is the question.

The only thing stated by the anti-self found posters on this particular thread that I somewhat agree with aside from a few obvious things you stated is that having separate servers (instead of some other way of implementing this) would shatter the populations of players into even smaller groups which is definitely not a good thing for a game that could use more participation from both players and developers, not less.

~Philoi.
To Seronn: I think you accidentally pressed your caps lock key there buddy. Might want to try fixing that as what you did up above is considered like rudely shouting (in internet land). Hope you have a great day.

~Philoi.
Edited by Philoi#1655 on 8/7/2013 10:44 AM PDT

Hmm. You didn't read the blue post in this thread, sir? lol

I sure did.

They're "thinking" about it.

They were "sure" pvp would make it at launch. It didn't. Then they were "sure" it would be added later. It wasn't (brawling isn't pvp btw).

So yeah keep waiting :)

Ok. I'll play other games until it comes along. No prob, sir. :)
To Seronn: I think your accidentally pressed your caps lock key there buddy. Might want to try fixing that as what you did up above is considered like rudely shouting (in internet land). Hope you have a great day.

~Philoi.

It's well known around the internets that personal opinions are not factual unless they're typed in all uppercase.
To Seronn: I think your accidentally pressed your caps lock key there buddy. Might want to try fixing that as what you did up above is considered like rudely shouting (in internet land). Hope you have a great day.

~Philoi.

Thanks for the heads up. I find that rudely shouting helps when the general masses refuse to actually read normal font. It's more captivating. I am having a great day. Hopefully yours is going peachy too.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]