Diablo® III

Blizzard, is self-found on the way?

(Locked)

08/07/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Skillol
So yeah keep waiting :)

This looks eerily familiar.. like a post from a blue or ask the dev's...well except that you didn't dress up what you said in PR language. Oh that's why it took a while to recognize it! Sometimes it is difficult to tell whose side you're on (if anyone's). Sometimes your posts actually make sense (like today), other times, not so much (and while I am not a mind-reader, seems like you're just trolling). What's up with that Skillol?

~Philoi.
08/07/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Skillol
You do that :) cya in diablo4.

My presence in that game depends heavily on what is done with this one. So, maybe or maybe not. :)
To Seronn: I think your accidentally pressed your caps lock key there buddy. Might want to try fixing that as what you did up above is considered like rudely shouting (in internet land). Hope you have a great day.

~Philoi.

It's well known around the internets that personal opinions are not factual unless they're typed in all uppercase.

I never stated my opinion as fact. But I don't think it is much of a stretch to say that I, and probably everyone else who has played Diablo 3, at some point has wished wholeheartedly for a complete and proper overhaul of the itemization of this game.

Look at it this way. If itemization is improved, you can play this game your way without a new mode for you and the 18 of your buddies, and you can actually progress at a normal pace. So I have no idea why you disagree with me.

Ok. I'll play other games until it comes along. No prob, sir. :)

Otis, are you seriously telling me that when they add a SF mode you'll come back to level a new character in SF just to play the EXACT SAME BROKEN GAME from scratch again? Well, ok.

BTW, you know you can just do that now if you wanted to.

It would be a bonus if the game were made to be less broken as well, but the answer is yes I would regardless.
And yet, that's never been the essence of Diablo. Even someone who never touched D2/LOD online had absolutely zero guarantee of finding the elite uniques they wanted much less the runes to make the elite runewords.

This is simply not fully true. The only thing I never found was a game with diablo "walks the earth" without a player pk'ing me if I tried to share the kill. I found and did everything else in that game (including Ubers) both with and without help. Maybe I played too much or my friends played too much or cheated (I never cheated), but yeah.. pretty much saw everything in that game. It is statistically possible to have a situation where one hasn't.. but if we're ignoring equivalent but slightly different items or skill choices, then it is unlikely (given enough time and effort) that one wouldn't see everything relevant in a game, especially Diablo 2 (especially before LoD).

I think you're missing the point anyway. What both pro-self found and anti-self found want is a better game with better drop rates/quality and better items (or more interesting and useful to be more specific). And what Diablo is about is having eerie fun killing monsters and their bosses in a psuedo-gothic dark setting. Everything else important or not is of lesser importance.

~Philoi.
Amazing, special snowflakes want a special mode. Like others have said, you already have SF mode. It's called choice, it's your choice to use the AH/RMAH or not. There it is...SF, staring you right in the face.

Stop trying to waste Dev time when there are MUCH MUCH more important problems to resolve. In the end you won't see it, that Blue response is just a typical Blizz vague smoke screen.
Cater to the casuals and newbies and people who don't even have characters associated with their accounts

= Create AHs. The AHs make the casuals' lives easier by making items easily accesible for pennies.
08/07/2013 10:44 AMPosted by GenTsosChikn
Amazing, special snowflakes want a special mode.

Whenever a "SUPER TRADING TYCCOON" uses the snowflake argument, it seems like he is really projecting.

It is the tycoons who want to feel special. That's the reason they prefer getting items easily from the AH rather than have fun with the game. People that would rather find their items, they actually want to have fun with the game, rather than show off their elite items.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 8/7/2013 10:47 AM PDT
I don't know Philoi.

~Skillol

/signed Skillol

---- Skillol was here ----

!!!! skillol <---- can see my battletag to the left !!!!

~skillol~

Quoted because this is funny.

~+{|} Philoi {|}+~
I never stated my opinion as fact. But I don't think it is much of a stretch to say that I, and probably everyone else who has played Diablo 3, at some point has wished wholeheartedly for a complete and proper overhaul of the itemization of this game.

Look at it this way. If itemization is improved, you can play this game your way without a new mode for you and the 18 of your buddies, and you can actually progress at a normal pace. So I have no idea why you disagree with me.

I'm not disagreeing. Along with a separate new AH-free/SF/non trade (or whatever they come up with) mode, an itemization revamp would be a welcome change.
08/07/2013 09:36 AMPosted by Grimiku
sometime in the future

[FIXED]

sometime in the future™

There ya go pal.
Come off your high horse. There is NOTHING stopping you from doing just that now. You just want something that says "Hey look at me!". Which makes it quite hypocritical you are calling AH!@#$%s attention seekers when in essence, that's what you want.

This has nothing to do about playing the game itself. The rules do nothing to stop you from playing the game your way. It's the jealous green-faced monster inside you that is stopping you.

Who is the one ranting here? (Hides behind a wall before more verbal feces is flung about).

~Philoi.
08/07/2013 10:50 AMPosted by WilsonKhoo
People that would rather find their items, they actually want to have fun with the game, rather than show off their elite items.

Come off your high horse. There is NOTHING stopping you from doing just that now. You just want something that says "Hey look at me!". Which makes it quite hypocritical you are calling AH!@#$%s attention seekers when in essence, that's what you want.

This has nothing to do about playing the game itself. The rules do nothing to stop you from playing the game your way. It's the jealous green-faced monster inside you that is stopping you.

Very upset about the possibility of losing potential flipping supply and/or paying customers. :D
08/07/2013 10:50 AMPosted by WilsonKhoo
Come off your high horse. There is NOTHING stopping you from doing just that now.
And I am. But I also think the game would greatly benefit from having a mode that encourages people to play in the way that is - by far - a lot more entertaining than the method of playing that the current presentation encourages.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 8/7/2013 11:00 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]