Diablo® III

Blizzard, is self-found on the way?

(Locked)

Nice, another banned guy. At least you got an interesting SC2 Avatar, that FFA achievement was fun to get.

08/07/2013 10:50 AMPosted by WilsonKhoo
You just want something that says "Hey look at me!".

This is what hints me that LEET SUPER TRADERZ are projecting. It is clear to me that you are the one who wants attention. It doesn't surprise me. You guys really think that searching in the AH was a very big effort you performed and are afraid of losing your hard-earned cookies.

You are the one that is afraid of losing the attention you get. Obviously, if there was a self-found mode people would stop caring about your items. And that makes you afraid. News flash: Nobody cares about your items anyway. Adding an optional self-found mode will not reduce the amount of care that goes towards your profile, because either way no one will care about it.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 8/7/2013 11:01 AM PDT
08/07/2013 04:37 AMPosted by Cyberbard
I won't spend a single second more in the same game as the RMAH. I enjoy playing, but I want to feel like what I do matters to some extent. I could play for hours now, but I'll know that I'm just wasting my time as the gear I find will still be considered bad.

Why do you care, OP? I have a great time playing on my non-AH hardcore witch doctor even though my gear is "bad" relative to other players who choose to use the AH. Stop benchmarking your character to others who play differently than you... simple solution that doesn't require a special mode or a pat on the back.
08/07/2013 10:57 AMPosted by WilsonKhoo
Hmm clearly, you haven't seen how bad my gear is.

Why would a pro-flipper need good gear? The good stuff goes back on the on the AH (where it was 'found' in the first place to make profit$.

Very upset about the possibility of losing potential flipping supply and/or paying customers. :D

Out of one side of the mouth, you mutter "It's optional. It's not going to impact you," And out of the other side, you mumble "flippers are doomed and worried." This is why I love you, Otis.

So you're admitting that the reason all of the AH tycoon crowd lash out against the idea of a separate league is because of fear of loss of revenue?

That is not a good enough reason to oppose an idea focusing on the betterment and survival of the game and franchise.
Edited by Otis#1467 on 8/7/2013 11:05 AM PDT
08/07/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Otis
Hmm clearly, you haven't seen how bad my gear is.

Why would a pro-flipper need good gear? The good stuff goes back on the on the AH (where it was 'found' in the first place to make profit$.

You guys can't seriously be this delusional? We argue with a useless self found mode because Blizzard has a finite amount of resources. What many of us don't want, is to have resources put to something that doesn't really make the game any better.

What you guys are suggesting is like if you have a team to build a house. The house has a weak foundation. Instead of utilizing everyone to improve the foundation first, you send a part of your team to go pick out new windows for your house. It just doesn't make sense.
Self found mode is the least important "mode" this game could ever have. PvP on the other hand is long overdue. Let's hear some news on that for once instead of talk about potential changes to the game that really do not change anything. If you want to play self-found mode, then just play self-found, end of story.
Alot of us were against the AH when it was first announced and are still against it/ playing without it. Self-found mode will just get us differentiate from the rest and prove the world that what we wear is legit found from hard work and fun.

I said it in Beta that AH was a bad idea and everybody laughed at me.Who's laughing now?
the game already has a self found mode. Just don't click the AH button.

What more do you want? << Serious question

Very upset about the possibility of losing potential flipping supply and/or paying customers. :D

You're missing the part where the people who want SF aren't paying customers since they can't afford anything :D.

And after all they play SF so they don't even use the AH to provide us with flipping goods.

Nice, another banned guy. At least you got an interesting SC2 Avatar, that FFA achievement was fun to get.

This is what hints me that LEET SUPER TRADERZ are projecting. It is clear to me that you are the one who wants attention. It doesn't surprise me. You guys really think that searching in the AH was a very big effort you performed and are afraid of losing your hard-earned cookies.

You are the one that is afraid of losing the attention you get. Obviously, if there was a self-found mode people would stop caring about your items. And that makes you afraid. News flash: Nobody cares about your items anyway. Adding an optional self-found mode will not reduce the amount of care that goes towards your profile, because either way no one will care about it.

You seem quite upset. Your caring and jellyness shows. And so does everyone else's.

Funny too because most flippers i know including myself don't really care about you either.. since i don't play public games anyway.

It's just hilarious to see you people get riled up on forums because someone else who doesn't even play with you has better gear :O

El o El.

It has nothing to do with gear for me. It's all about principals.

I think your crowd worries more about your incoming AH supply than your sales. You need the unsuspecting and unknowledgeable "casuals" throwing their farmed finds on the AH in order to feed your lazy AH tycoon empires :)
So what's the status, Blizzard?

I realise you can't talk much ahead of the expansion announcement, but at least some indicator that you still like the idea of self-found would be nice.

I can say that we do still like the idea of implementing a self-found mode (or something like it) sometime in the future. Wyatt recently talked a little bit about it in an interview with Flux over at diablo.incgamers.com, and said that it's still something he thinks is very cool, but recognizes it would need to be separated from other game modes.

This is indeed a very encouraging development! Thank you blue for letting us know that a Self-found mode is being looked into. I don't know if any developers ever saw the work that many of us put into a workable, separate mode of play: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9309641216

- Sf players only play with other SF;
- A matchmaker system to compare people in public games (level and DPS) to prevent power-leveling abuse (and all the items that drop). Also monitor players in public games to prevent them from then switching to better equipment;
- Only allow experience and items to drop if the person is on the same mini-map as the rest of the players. People will stay together and this will also prevent players from just sitting in town and collecting experience then going to pick up the items later;
- No trading. This isn't finding your own items and could be abused;
- No auction houses. This isn't finding your own items;
- No ability to drop items or gold. Others finding items does not make it Self-found;
- Make all items character-bound. That's right, you can't find the best item then go sell it;
- (Optionally) Receive more gold selling items to in game vendors, and more materials when broken down by Blacksmith;
-Blizzard will determine if one should still be able to buy items from in game vendors;
- (Optionally) Item drop rates improved to compensate for no AH, especially for plans that are used by the Blacksmith and Jeweler. The consoles will have a better drop rate due to no auction house and Self-found should be the same;
- Each Self-found character is a separate instance, thus a separate stash, separate blacksmith and jeweler; their levels are reset to zero and gold is reset to zero;
- A separate experience bar to track the difficulty level and progression (like Softcore and Hardcore have);
- Self-found mode should also be able to be used with hardcore mode; either/both selected via checkboxes (and again as a separate hardcore instance);
- Monster Power, Infernal Machine, etc. all to remain the same; and
- Denote self-found characters in a special way, example coloured halo, or different font colour (like Hardcore has);
- Separate server for Self-found and Hardcore. This will greatly reduce rubberbanding and lag, and will make it easy to select SF softcore and SF hardcore play;
- Brawling would be fair if the same matchmaking system existed; and
- Later we could see a Self-found forum and SF achievements and even SF Ladders.
I was hoping you'd spot this thread, SirRight.

It's encouraging for sure!
Self found mode is basically single player mode.

Why on earth would you want this?

Trading is part of diablo. AH is not trading.
A separate self-found mode would be nice.
But not with the current drop rates; the drop rates would need to be tweaked and loot-tables put back in (I believe the new term for that is targetted Legendaries).
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]