Diablo® III

"What did you do to your monk today?" Part 3

(Locked)

I found some lateral upgrades that lowered my raw HP by 3000 and my eHP took a hit by about four grand but I was able to raise my overall mitigation to 94.45%

I'm still above 60k HP but with less HP and more total damage reduction my LoH works more efficiently. Only took a 200 DPS hit too.

Still rocking:

+100k DPS
+1m eHP
+60k HP
+5100 armor
1086 Res
4020 LoH
2.91 & 2.62 (2.76 avg) APS
45.5% crit. chance
200% crit. damage (yea a little low, but can't lose my other stats or gem out that Amethyst).

Can solo all ubers on MP10 without changing skill setup, without using Mystic Ally, without using follower.

It's the build that I've worked on since 1.03.

~Aerith
Finally got my 4.5/9 Mempo!

I think I can start soloing in MP9 now, though MP8 is fun the way it is.

Plan was to replace my Radiance 5cc/12% SW for the Mempo, then switch my Tal's Chest to Inna's. Which worked perfectly, 94K EHP and 4.2 DPS increase.

Then went crazy and threw a 2 piece Nat ring/boot I had in my stash on (prior was IC and rare ring).
6.3 DPS increase with a loss of 68 EHP.

Overall: 10.5 DPS and 26 EHP increase.

146K DPS unbuffed
631K EHP
55.5% CC
320% CD
6200+ Armor
605 Resist (closing in on OWE free)
50K HP
660 LoH
3% LS

No RMAH use. Original plan was to get a 8% IAS and Dex Unity for my OH ring and stay with my IC's for the greater EHP. I'll have to search for one, cause I'm pretty sure it'll give me another 4K DPS with better EHP. Thoughts?

sRank, I love that build! .....how long do those Ubers take you on MP10?
got a new MH from Amiar and switch to a fist OH for a total of -5K pdps upgrade (yes it's minus lol)
up 1 plvl

ran with RavinAzn and Rezide
Rezide and Morpheus tried to convert my snb barb into a dw ww one .. hmm ...

stayed up until 2AM .. now tired at work ... but it's more like resting up since I was on renovation duties for 5 days straight at my fiance's parent place

2 days break then back at it on the weekend =) ... the place will look good when we're done with it =D
ran with RavinAzn and Rezide
Rezide and Morpheus tried to convert my snb barb into a dw ww one .. hmm ...

stayed up until 2AM .. now tired at work ...

not really tried to convert mate, just want you to try the playstyle that's all :) .. i know you like to be tanky so you prolly wont like it. It's a fast pace playstyle and have to keep moving to maintain wrath. I still stayed up another hour after you logged so it was 5am for me :( and was drunk as hell. Still sitting here buzzing at work lmao.

Anyway, i just put a ruby in my MH to test it out and so far pretty fun. Bells go boom boom .. i'm loving it .. losing like ~20k tdp though but i'm having fun for now so it's ok :-)

Edit: omg did morph turn your barb into a beast? lol damm 800k ehp omg haha... now slap on a cold soj and go smack some monsters :)
Edited by rezide#1829 on 9/12/2013 11:29 AM PDT
I've given my Monk a well deserved rest. Besides, with the upcoming X-pac in mind, the best time investment seems to be adding the odd extra PL on one of your alts. I tried sticking with my WD, but I just can't learn to cope with her squishiness. That pretty much left me no choice, but to start a new alt and the choices in the melee department were quite limited. (%

So, my newly minted Barbie girl just turned 60 yesterday. I splurged out and got her a decent sword off the AH, but went the stingy way with the rest of her gears - mooched some free pants and Mempo off KJ and used whatever self-found STR-based oddities I had stashed away, to complete the set. The outcome isn't dazzling, but handles MP4 with ease. Once I learn the ropes, I may give her an upgrade or two and pick the MP difficulty up a notch.

I know that's the wrong forum to say this, but Barbs are fun.

/Laurelynd Sprints away, before the vengeful mob of angry Monks catches a whiff of the committed treason.
09/12/2013 10:53 AMPosted by rezide
not really tried to convert mate, just want you to try the playstyle that's all :)

Lol it sure is different! Way faster pace … it seems like I have an addiction to speed and keeping WoTB up at all times
I'm playing with 12% ms only as well ... I think 24 will be too fast for me haha
dude 5AM ! O_O and buzzed too! lol
I was sipping on whisky last night too =)

Anyway, i just put a ruby in my MH to test it out and so far pretty fun. Bells go boom boom .. i'm loving it .. losing like ~20k tdp though but i'm having fun for now so it's ok :-)

does it seem faster for you by switching gem?

Edit: omg did morph turn your barb into a beast? lol damm 800k ehp omg haha... now slap on a cold soj and go smack some monsters :)

umm no idea = / ... this dw ww stuff is all new to me
as I've said I've only ever Shield WW on mp2 and mp3 max before
but my EHP is always very high ... same with all my SnB barb brethrens

@Laurelynd,
very nice! and a SnB barb at that! XD
log on tonight the boots will be an upgrade for you for sure, you can check out the gloves again and play around with different skills before settling down =)
*edit: and come join us snb barbs here =) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9628583186?page=24#469
they're very helpful and will answer all your questions
Edited by QHTran#1403 on 9/12/2013 1:46 PM PDT
09/12/2013 01:41 PMPosted by QHTran
does it seem faster for you by switching gem?

yeah it sure does on trash.

umm no idea = / ... this dw ww stuff is all new to me
as I've said I've only ever Shield WW on mp2 and mp3 max before
but my EHP is always very high ... same with all my SnB barb brethrens

yeah i didnt check your barb for sometime, i remember he wasnt 800k+ ehp (and that's without the shield) .. i think last time i saw was in the upper ~700k(with the shield). The reason i suggested a cold Soj was to offset the fear proc from the EF and slow the mobs down so nados can hit them more and obviously the bonus vs elite for more tdps vs elite. You can get a non barb cold soj for pretty cheap .. just look for a 6% cold/30% bonus vs elite.With that gear and that ehp you can smash thru MP10 :)

Lol it sure is different! Way faster pace … it seems like I have an addiction to speed and keeping WoTB up at all times
I'm playing with 12% ms only as well ... I think 24 will be too fast for me haha
dude 5AM ! O_O and buzzed too! lol
I was sipping on whisky last night too =)

dude and i have to be at work at 10 .. so only 4hrs slept last nite ... lol. Need to cut down this addiction :)
@Laurelynd,

Your SnB barb looks really good to me for just throwing stuff together. Try to get p/u radius on your shoulders. I crafted 100 shoulders to get it with good stats too, then found a better one (wearing now) on the AH for 20m. Wasted a lot of DEs :-(. Anyhow, that would free you up to get better boots. Zuni boots are a great, budget alternative to overpriced Ice Climbers with move speed; they add massive amounts of DPS.

You should honestly be fine surviving MP7 with your setup now. You just need to add more DPS. I am speed farming MP8 with the somewhat glassy setup my barb is wearing now. I do have swap gear for virtual invincibility on MP10 (over 1.5m EHP), but it is overkill for MP8 and leaves me with lower attack speed and 12% move speed.
Tanked'em out.
I started working on a Nirvana build for my main monk since I'm using his gear on my alt monk while I level her up. I probably need to get some socketed weapons and may need to switch my Tyrael's Might for a Tal's chest, but I have everything I need to experiment with the build without cannabalizing from my main gear set. : )
paragon 100 ~_~

Found like 50m worth of loot from paragon 0-100, lol. Pretty fail.
So after I crafted my 1800th non trifecta amulet I decided to use last 10 DE on shoulders. 2nd craft BAM ehp and damage upgrade to previous shoulders... d3 seems to know my rage threshold and knows to throw me a bone just before I have mini freak out. Getting closer to 300k with skorn.
09/17/2013 06:51 AMPosted by vexelite
So after I crafted my 1800th non trifecta amulet I decided to use last 10 DE on shoulders. 2nd craft BAM ehp and damage upgrade to previous shoulders... d3 seems to know my rage threshold and knows to throw me a bone just before I have mini freak out. Getting closer to 300k with skorn.

Grats! Very nice shoulders, I'm jealous.

Was killing Ghom on mp10 to test DPS/Survivability with a new spec (Tri-gen) and then decided to go test it on regular mobs in keeps after I killed him.

First pack I killed, I found 2(!) ilvl63 set boots. One was a worthless Blackthornes, but the other was actually a pretty decent Zunimassa's Trail.

It was pretty funny considering I usually have pretty terrible luck with Legendaries.
Edited by Bonesaw#1641 on 9/17/2013 7:40 AM PDT
I dinged paragon 99. Paragon 98 took me all of ~2 hours to complete from beginning to end last night, thanks to a pretty interesting farming group that I got hooked into.

1 more paragon to go before 100!
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 9/17/2013 8:04 AM PDT
My monk sat on the porch, listened to old tunes and drank some refreshing beverages.

He will probably do the same thing tonight while BBQing before the summer weather has fully departed.

Cheers,
CC-
Decide to bring my Jessica for a walk in the park together with a monk & 2 barbs, then she shouted "Those WW Barbs are soo not gentlemen!"

then, she decide to buy some LV stuff..
Edited by Deathroyalty#6179 on 9/17/2013 9:24 AM PDT
Decide to bring my Jessica for a walk in the park together with a monk & 2 barbs, then she shouted "Those WW Barbs are soo long gentlemen!"

then, she decide to buy some LV stuff..

Jessica is a slave To Hermes. She's wants to sell her gear for a hat, sunglasses and a bag!

Cheers,
CC-

EDIT: Prada to Hermes
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 9/17/2013 9:18 AM PDT
ya, after buying her soo many stuffs, she's finally happily to cyclone strike my brother.. luckily, implosion didnt happen
paragon 100 ~_~

Found like 50m worth of loot from paragon 0-100, lol. Pretty fail.

Grats Tanzi
welcome to the poor side, ohh but you should try your crafting luck, this game has a weird way of balancing out like that

@Nameless,
1 more to go budy! what you going to do when you reach 100?

@CC,
sitting on the porch, listening to music, drinking cold refreshing beverages, bbqing? wow that sounds like too good of a life for a monk ... where're the monster slaying?

ontopic:
up 1 plvl
got a new potrait
crafted a shoulder! drop 600 HP, 30 AR and +200LPS for a 4Kdps increase (don't remember exactly but this is around 70 crafts total)
@Nameless,
1 more to go budy! what you going to do when you reach 100?

I'm going to find someone nice enough to powerlevel my next monk (any volunteers) and have one ready to go to do regular farming runs for fun. And then I'll probably focus most of my efforts with my HCSF characters, as I find that change of pace lots and lots of fun too.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]