Diablo® III

Game freezes when using locusts. Help?

Has anyone had an issue with the game freezing up if you use locusts? I couldn't find anything about it online or in the tech support forum. I don't have issues with any other WD skills or any other skills on my other class characters, so I'm not sure why it would only affect this one skill, and only if I use it on a monster. I can sit there and spam it in town as much as I want, but as soon as I go somewhere else and use it on a monster, the game freezes. Doesn't matter which rune I use either. They all do it. It's really strange.

Even more annoying is that I have to actually restart my computer each time it happens because when I end the game in task manager, the game closes, but still technically shows it as running.

I know this is more of a tech support issue, but I didn't get a response there yet, and seeing as this only happens with my WD, and only with locusts, I figured maybe someone here has experienced it and can help out.

*Oh, and it's my female WD Hecate, that I'm currently using.
Edited by Takkonen#1756 on 8/1/2013 6:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
what's your system spec? are you on a laptop by any chance? try to reinstall your graphics driver and game itself. defrag your hdd also.
Edited by Axiom#1648 on 8/1/2013 7:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm on a desktop that I built. System specs are definitely not an issue in terms of being able to handle the load from the game. The drive is defragged on a consistent basis each week, and my drivers are updated to current. I think I'll try re-installing them just to rule the drivers out for sure though. Haven't tried reinstalling the game due to the hassle, but I may try that last. It's such a weird problem. I just can't think what this one skill could be doing to cause the issue.
Reply Quote
Has anyone had an issue with the game freezing up if you use locusts? I couldn't find anything about it online or in the tech support forum. I don't have issues with any other WD skills or any other skills on my other class characters, so I'm not sure why it would only affect this one skill, and only if I use it on a monster. I can sit there and spam it in town as much as I want, but as soon as I go somewhere else and use it on a monster, the game freezes. Doesn't matter which rune I use either. They all do it. It's really strange.

Even more annoying is that I have to actually restart my computer each time it happens because when I end the game in task manager, the game closes, but still technically shows it as running.

I know this is more of a tech support issue, but I didn't get a response there yet, and seeing as this only happens with my WD, and only with locusts, I figured maybe someone here has experienced it and can help out.

*Oh, and it's my female WD Hecate, that I'm currently using.

Takkonen, I use Locust Swarm myself, and I'm not experiencing any sort of game freeze at all. You may want to do what Axiom suggested about the re-install graphics driver.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]