Diablo® III

My Email is Being Used

Well I know this should be put into a support ticket, but that service appears to be down at the moment...so I'll just describe the issue here in less detail and just hope I can get some assistance (though it will have to be from a Blizzard employee, due to the nature of the issue)

A sort of goofy thing happened here with this one...
I received an email from Battle.net written in all Chinese (subject and all) on my newer email address that I don't currently use for my own account, but have tried to change to in the past (which didn't work the past two times I attempted to, for whatever reason).
Anyways...at a first glimpse it seemed apparent that the email was either trying to verify my email address to be used in account creation or to change the association of a current account to it.

Now, the part that seems a little clumsy on my part: Since I was on the road when I received the email, I was forced to use my Windows Phone 8 (I hate this thing) to attempt to copy/paste it into Google Translate...and while attempting to highlight the entire email to copy it with the very quirky highlighting system, I managed to tap on the web link to verify the email address change.

The rest of the details can kind of be figured out from there - bottom line is: can I revert this change? I was planning on using my newer email address for this current account, but now it seems I cannot do that since it is "currently in use". :\

Any help would be great!
Reply Quote
1) never click links in suspcious emails (even accidently ;) lol )
2) the email was not from blizzard and it was a phishing scam
3) i suggest you start re-securing things and if you dont have it already get an authenticator.

if you cant get into your account you are going to have to call support to have them help you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]