Diablo® III

Diablo 2 - Wow!

Just re installed Diablo 2, modded it up to drop legendaries left and right, Lots of fun.

Running around at 60% movement speed -> fun
Not giving myself carpal tunnel from click attack - > fun
Not having to drop more $$$ to dominate - > fun
Actual useful attributes that drop often - > fun
Ability to adjust drops to personal preference - > fun
Fallen syaing Rakanishu all the time - > fun
Gheed's nomadic phallus versus Charsi's Horadric Malus - > fun

Developers need to get back to basics. Biizzard was the best in the world and had the passion for making addicting, well put together games. Profits follow as long as you know what drives the business.

Blizzard is not the best in the world nor do they have the passion for running auction houses. Get back to basics please.
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 07:31 PMPosted by pigswill
modded it up to drop legendaries left and right

Yes, because being able to mod your game is nothing like buying your way to the top...
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 07:43 PMPosted by Therapeutic
modded it up to drop legendaries left and right

Yes, because being able to mod your game is nothing like buying your way to the top...

pwned
Reply Quote
There were legendary items in d2? in my 5000hours of playing, i have never seen one! Now that is what i call crazy rare. Move aside tyreals, you aint got nothin on these legendary items.
Reply Quote
Lame...
Reply Quote
I'm playing Hell Unleashed for Diablo 2 right now.

It's not bad, a few extra things to craft and difficulty is ramped up quite a bit. Couldn't even beat the Smith.

I was playing on /players 8 though which apparently makes the bosses super tough.

Drop rates are fairly decent, with 100 MF and /players 8 I got a couple of uniques an hour, a few a bag of rares and 1-2 set items, and they're all actually useful =D

If Diablo 2 had auto gold pick up and abilities that worked smoothly together like Diablo 3, I'd probably just have that as my main hack and slash game to play.
Reply Quote
I'm playing Hell Unleashed for Diablo 2 right now.

It's not bad, a few extra things to craft and difficulty is ramped up quite a bit. Couldn't even beat the Smith.

I was playing on /players 8 though which apparently makes the bosses super tough.

Drop rates are fairly decent, with 100 MF and /players 8 I got a couple of uniques an hour, a few a bag of rares and 1-2 set items, and they're all actually useful =D

If Diablo 2 had auto gold pick up and abilities that worked smoothly together like Diablo 3, I'd probably just have that as my main hack and slash game to play.

God I loved that mod. Fixed so many of D2's problems while giving an extremely hard challenge. The only problem is that it was meant as a multiplayer mod, and it was often hard to find people to play with. The single player version was a ton easier though, so it didn't interest me as much. Although I think you should note, uniques and sets are purposefully made to drop more often because, not only do you actually need them to progress, but it also wants a fitting reward for downing some extremely challenging bosses.
Reply Quote
OP plays games with cheats.

No wonder he can't enjoy d3.

OP plays games with mods.

No wonder he can enjoy them.
Reply Quote
View profile
yeah playing on open bnet with those hacks sure is fun

come back to me in 20 minutes when you're bored with having 8 thousand of the same unique item
Reply Quote
ust re installed Diablo 2, modded it up to drop legendaries left and right, Lots of fun.

lol....
Reply Quote
OP you forgot...

Ability to beat the game and have all the great item in a matter of minutes -> fun
Reply Quote
i never played d1 or d2...maybe i should buy?
Reply Quote
View profile
Just re installed Diablo 2, modded it up to drop legendaries left and right, Lots of fun.

Running around at 60% movement speed -> fun
Not giving myself carpal tunnel from click attack - > fun
Not having to drop more $$$ to dominate - > fun
Actual useful attributes that drop often - > fun
Ability to adjust drops to personal preference - > fun
Fallen syaing Rakanishu all the time - > fun
Gheed's nomadic phallus versus Charsi's Horadric Malus - > fun

Developers need to get back to basics. Biizzard was the best in the world and had the passion for making addicting, well put together games. Profits follow as long as you know what drives the business.

Blizzard is not the best in the world nor do they have the passion for running auction houses. Get back to basics please.

First of all D2 does not have legendaries they are called uniques. Also if you had to mod it in order for it to rain uniques then you can clearly see that the drop rate for uniques is not much better than this game.

I along with millions of others have not spent a single cent more on this game than the purchase price. If you think you are forced to use the RMAH then you would be wrong to say so.
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 07:48 PMPosted by kamVINCI

pwned

pwned? How? Where? When? Because he moded his OWN game, that is COMPLETELY seperated from EVERYONE ELSE? That equalys a situation where someone spends REAL MONEY to buy stuff in a game? Must have missed something here ...

Diablo 2 had a mod community. And it had some DAMN awesome mods. And the best of it? it didnt affect the online experience!

How much modding does Diablo 3 support? None. Heh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]