Diablo® III

Diablo 2 - Wow!

85 Human Death Knight
08/04/2013 02:02 PMPosted by CrniVuk
pwned? How? Where? When? Because he moded his OWN game, that is COMPLETELY seperated from EVERYONE ELSE? That equalys a situation where someone spends REAL MONEY to buy stuff in a game? Must have missed something here ...

LOL how could you miss it? If he is only playing against himself he has ABSOLUTELY nothing to complain about with people using the rmah. You can easily beat the game with self found. As long as you don't compare your gear to other people's gear then plenty of stuff falls in game to progress.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
08/04/2013 02:02 PMPosted by CrniVuk
How much modding does Diablo 3 support? None. Heh.

I don't remember Blizzard supporting Mods for D2 either. I thought it was all done by third party sites and was very much at your own risk. You also were not able to play those characters on closed battle.net because Bliz did not allow modding..I suppose Blizzard not supporting it and banning people for tryign it on bnet would be why some consider it "cheating".

Is my memory faulty? If so I want more stash space for D2...going nuts with such a tiny tiny stash. It barely holds the gems much less a set of MF gear.
Reply Quote

pwned

pwned? How? Where? When? Because he moded his OWN game, that is COMPLETELY seperated from EVERYONE ELSE? That equalys a situation where someone spends REAL MONEY to buy stuff in a game? Must have missed something here ...

Diablo 2 had a mod community. And it had some DAMN awesome mods. And the best of it? it didnt affect the online experience!

and somehow duping SOJs and RUNES appeared ONLINE... how weird is that
Reply Quote
I'm playing Hell Unleashed for Diablo 2 right now.

It's not bad, a few extra things to craft and difficulty is ramped up quite a bit. Couldn't even beat the Smith.

I was playing on /players 8 though which apparently makes the bosses super tough.

Drop rates are fairly decent, with 100 MF and /players 8 I got a couple of uniques an hour, a few a bag of rares and 1-2 set items, and they're all actually useful =D

If Diablo 2 had auto gold pick up and abilities that worked smoothly together like Diablo 3, I'd probably just have that as my main hack and slash game to play.

Yah Smith hits hard lol. I'm at Castle of Destruction right now (place after Worldstone keeps) - had to break..getting just worked, too much damn unleechable undead (I'm a Fury druid). I got like 50M in gear too (go go 1800% GF Leo runs) and gamble any unique I want..still getting worked. I think I just need to roll some godly Death crafted weapon because no amount of ruby/diamonds is keeping me alive against the horde of undead. Maybe sanctuary armor too, but got that on merc. Merc has Buriza + String of Ears..still gets owned lol. Basically I'm going to need hell gear just to make it past normal...

It's a very fun and challenging mod with crazy unique monsters/bosses! Single player is advertised as easier but honestly I think it's harder. Can't have multiple stash sharing like online so have to manage just one inventory..makes it hard to have gear swaps. When you die, that's it - no ones there to TP you down, gotta start over most of the time. Very challenging. I'm lvl 64 and pretty sure the monsters are my level too lol. There's really no 'outleveling' the content in this one.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 9/6/2013 5:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 07:31 PMPosted by pigswill
modded it up to drop legendaries left and right, Lots of fun.

how this would be fun is beyond me but to each his own I guess.
Reply Quote
modded it up to drop legendaries left and right, Lots of fun.

how this would be fun is beyond me but to each his own I guess.

legendaries don't really matter too much when you start getting past say oh a3, it's all about crafting and runewords , socketed rares or full sets and rerolling rares. Trust me, my legs aren't doing crap to beat CoD and get to Baal right now lol. I need a crafted Death (skull recipe) or Holy weapon (Diamond, undead dmg+) to advance.

Whenever I really need a legendary I just go gamble it anyway. The gamble rates are far better than vanilla (although goldwrap was such a PITA like 200 tries)

This actually sounds like the approach we're heading in D3 with the mystic and 5x leg rates so this mod was doing it right. This mod was before Median and the dev from Median inspired many of the item changes we're going to be getting in Loot 2.0 / expansion.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 9/6/2013 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/04/2013 01:44 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
First of all D2 does not have legendaries they are called uniques.

Thats why i've been trying to tell them for decades!

Basically having AH in D3 spoilt D2 players to get mods to enjoy it. Its no surprise.
Reply Quote
I need to cheat to win because I am fail.
Reply Quote
Well at least he found a game he can play. Kidde D2.
Reply Quote
09/06/2013 07:39 AMPosted by chumly
I need to cheat to win because I am fail.

Hey you dont have to be ashamed. Basically you can cheat 'officially' by buying gold from Blizz! WHATS THE FREAKING DIFFERENCE?!?
Reply Quote
modded it up to drop legendaries left and right

Literally stopped reading there. Also, get out.
Reply Quote
Not having to drop more $$$ to dominate - > fun

So rather than putting in appropriate time (or alternatively spending some cash), you just cheat the game instead.

Well, enjoy your single player cheat mode I guess?
Reply Quote
09/06/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Zaxxon23

So rather than putting in appropriate time (or alternatively spending some cash), you just cheat the game instead.

Well, enjoy your single player cheat mode I guess?

Alternatively spending some cash essentially IS cheat mode in D3, and is absolutely 100% cheat mode when it comes to D2.

OP. Glad to know you're having a good time with the game. Not my personal cup of tea, but it's all about fun in the end.
Reply Quote

pwned

Diablo 2 had a mod community. And it had some DAMN awesome mods. And the best of it? it didnt affect the online experience!

Actually every modded online server was an illegal pirated private server. It always affects the game.
Reply Quote
Just re installed Diablo 2, modded it up

lol..
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 07:43 PMPosted by Therapeutic
modded it up to drop legendaries left and right

Yes, because being able to mod your game is nothing like buying your way to the top...

Yeah , like buying your way to the top was enough to keep playerbase and not have massive million of quitters in less than a year.

11 millions as we speak playing D2/SC , after 15 years more or less. Nuff said. Now please.
Reply Quote
08/04/2013 01:44 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
First of all D2 does not have legendaries they are called uniques. Also if you had to mod it in order for it to rain uniques then you can clearly see that the drop rate for uniques is not much better than this game.

First sentence = truth. :)

Second = not so true.

I just restarted in Diablo 2 ladder without any MF or twinking. I already have two uniques and many set pieces and I'm not through normal yet. I played probably four times as long in D3, and got none of either.
Reply Quote
09/06/2013 11:04 AMPosted by Jeger
First of all D2 does not have legendaries they are called uniques. Also if you had to mod it in order for it to rain uniques then you can clearly see that the drop rate for uniques is not much better than this game.

First sentence = truth. :)

Second = not so true.

I just restarted in Diablo 2 ladder without any MF or twinking. I already have two uniques and many set pieces and I'm not through normal yet. I played probably four times as long in D3, and got none of either.

Truth. I'd do a few runs once I'd gotten some topaz and a double socket helm and farm until I got a couple Sanders for my necro. Act 1 normal....sets, with just a couple topaz in a helm and some in the chainmail. Sets actually dropped early. Uniques dropped. Rixots keen, nagelrings, manald heals. The early game got you hooked. D3 doesn't pick up until 60 unless you're on console.
Reply Quote
Running around at 60% movement speed -> fun
Not giving myself carpal tunnel from click attack - > fun
Actual useful attributes that drop often - > fun
Ability to adjust drops to personal preference - > fun
Fallen syaing Rakanishu all the time - > fun
Gheed's nomadic phallus versus Charsi's Horadric Malus - > fun

Posting it on D3 forums -> fun

08/04/2013 02:25 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Is my memory faulty? If so I want more stash space for D2...going nuts with such a tiny tiny stash. It barely holds the gems much less a set of MF gear.

ahh thats why your character is stuck at level of 58! You been busy playing D2 GOTCHA

8/2/2013

OMG A NECROMANCER AGAIN :O
Edited by Vanhioss#2658 on 9/6/2013 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]