Diablo® III

Surprise! Act IV keywarden in Normal mode

With the "fun" we're having with DC deaths I put the monk and wizard on the "do not play" list and fired up a new DH. I aggressively leveled her, replayed some areas, played at high mp levels (mostly mp10), and did some public games. She hit level 35 as I met up with Tyrael and enter the Crystal Collonade. Figuring there was no way I could level before Diablo I dropped the mp and continued onward.

And then it happened -- Just after an elite oppressor I met a pack of succubi with jail. Oh well, no rain of vengence but no biggie. Then while I'm jailed and getting cursed the damn keywarden appears. WTF? At level 35? He dropped his 75% healing debuff on me as the succubi curse balls kept hitting me and the screen goes red around the edges. Potion. Shadow power and keep firing. Restore discipline/life. Shadow power. Fire like mad. And...

Dead keywarden, dead succubi, live DH.

Of course no damn key/plans dropped. Grr.
Reply Quote
thats weird, i thought he only spawn in infernal.
Reply Quote
Not the 1st time I heard of this - still haven't seen evidence.

It's almost like they didn't remove the KWs but set their spawn chance to 0.01% or something?
Reply Quote
Not the 1st time I heard of this - still haven't seen evidence.

It's almost like they didn't remove the KWs but set their spawn chance to 0.01% or something?

Ive had a2 KW spawn in norm
Reply Quote
Act 4 KW spawned for me in hell mp0.
Reply Quote
Well, whatdya know, 1st game after claiming I had never seen evidence, Act II Hell MP0, who should I run into tonight:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/smurfynz/Forums/DiabloIII/Screenshot437.jpg
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796521953
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that we do have a potential fix for this. However, I don't have any info as to when it may appear on live servers. Just know that it's in the pipeline.

Thanks for all the reports!
Reply Quote
Saw KW on a2 normal yesterday (in pub game). I had to run away cuz I had the HF ring on my monk. Before I take off the ring and run back, the DH in the group got killed by the KW. Was a really sad day >_>
Reply Quote
I've heard of this happening a few times as well, but the 2 reports were both from the same friend. He even claims he had a key drop during one of them. I believe it was a Nightmare game.
Reply Quote
I can confirm that the KWs do in fact spawn outside inferno, although I have never seen a key drop- in MP10 with 5NV.
Reply Quote
I occasionally run into the Act2 KW while farming for Leoric's Signet in Normal MP10.
Reply Quote
I have had this happen three times. Once in normal (act 1), Twice in NM (act 1, act 4)
Reply Quote
Have not seen one yet since they patched it
Reply Quote
I also found the Act 2 kw in the oasis in normal mp 10, while farming for a leorics a while ago. Dont remember if it was before the last patch though, should have taken a screenie but was killing stuff pretty fast.
Reply Quote
08/08/2013 05:23 AMPosted by LordCaric
I've heard of this happening a few times as well, but the 2 reports were both from the same friend. He even claims he had a key drop during one of them. I believe it was a Nightmare game.

yes they appear, i found act 1 kw in nightmare on 2 games in a row, but im pretty sure they have no chances of dropping keys, of course i never had NV stacks, but even if your lvl 60 with stacks i don´t think they drop

to OP: gratz on the fight, act 4 KW is hard enough by himself, with another elite must been a glorious battle
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that we do have a potential fix for keywardens appearing in difficulties below inferno. However, I don't have any info as to when it may appear on live servers. Just know that it's in the pipeline.

Edited by Tsarnis on 8/8/2013 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/08/2013 08:52 AMPosted by Tubs
to OP: gratz on the fight, act 4 KW is hard enough by himself, with another elite must been a glorious battle

Thanks. I've noticed the wardens seems to have a thing for other elites. Not all the time but way more than random chance would seem to dictate. I just never expected one in Normal mode. Now I know to be ready for them at all levels of play.
Reply Quote
Hi Guys,I just wanted to let you all know that we do have a potential fix for this. However, I don't have any info as to when it may appear on live servers. Just know that it's in the pipeline.Thanks for all the reports!

What problem are you planning to fix?

1) The key wardens appearing on lower levels?
2) The key wardens not dropping keys/plans on lower levels?
3) The DC plague that caused me to play a new toon in the first place?

Because all of those are bugs.But let me guess, the least useful "fix" (the first one) is what you're going to do. Gee, thanks, I guess.
Reply Quote
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that we do have a potential fix for keywardens appearing in difficulties below inferno. However, I don't have any info as to when it may appear on live servers. Just know that it's in the pipeline.

Rofl! How hard can that be?! So, now even Hotfixes will be delayed till after Blizzcon?
This is so laughable, Blizz is mocking themselves.
I feel sorry for the CMs in this board, cause off all the BS they have to tell us.

And don´t forget; the Devs are still "liking", "thinking about" and "discussing" changes for D3 to come after Blizzcon....sadly they only talk about things.
Reply Quote
i dont think this could actually be a problem. i mean, they are strong, yes, but they drop some good items...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]