Diablo® III

Thought experiment on another crafting system

I'd love a way to harness specific properties out of the items we salvage for use in crafting.
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Jaetch
One question: Will mystic be only in D3X?

She was going to be included already, but she'll likely get patched in sometime in the future. Whether or not as part of the expansion is up to speculation.

Meanwhile, ever wonder what these spaces are for in the town?

Act I Town: http://i.imgur.com/TeLfZmf.jpg

Act II Town: http://i.imgur.com/sRynPwO.jpg

Acts III & IV Town: http://i.imgur.com/su3EHhk.jpg

McD of course. What else can that be.....
Reply Quote
I think the following should happen (along with fixes to how the rolls actually happen but that's a different story altogether).

Increase gold cost by a balanced factor for each item type
Reduce the materials cost by a balanced factor for each item type
Allow a user to use a white item of the required type (axe, armor, whatever) to remove/reduce the gold/materials cost
Reply Quote
Mystical tattoos that give permanent (replaceable) stats. :) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9572938144#1
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Grimiku
Artisans are a great way to provide an interesting gold and item sink for players, and we're working on the features the Mystic will bring to the game in the future. We'll be sure to provide updates about the Mystic when we can, so stay tuned. In the meantime we definitely encourage all of you to keep sharing your feedback on crafting, and we'll continue to pass that info along.

When you say gold and item sink, that only affects casual players and non gold buying players. What about the rest of us who will only ever still be able to afford one or two marquise gems, let alone be able to afford to craft good gear and the such. Why don't you guys just cap the gold amount players can have, give XXX amount of time to do so, so they can spend it or share it whatever excess they have. I personally don't want another gold sink because I can only invest in ONE toon as opposed to all classes. Theres a huge discrepancy between actual players and the D3 tycoon flippers and gold buyers.
What if instead of a gold and item sink, you make more account bound mats for the crafting or enchanting etc? Make people actually just work for what they get, not dual wield credit cards ?
Reply Quote
I wonder why we have a 3 seconds delay for crafting.. makes no sense at all.. I want 100 gems.. here get you materiasl and gold and bum get your 100 gems.. will they ever remove the retard delay?
Reply Quote
All very interesting. Terraria had a similar NPC. The goblin tinkerer could reroll an item at the cost of gold. The cost was higher for good items and lower for bad ones. It does work for a gold sink, but I would love for there to be a way to decrease the cost of rerolling. I liked the ideas of using BoP's or similar base items of lower quality to reduce gold costs. All excellent ideas.

If I may dream for a second. There was an old PS2 title (Dark Cloud) that had a very cool mechanic. You would actually level up your weapons instead of your character, and you could break items down into their essences and equip those stats (slightly weaker than the item was before breaking down) into the slot of another weapon to add those stats to it. At certain levels weapons could evolve into greater versions and some had the player choose between two different weapons to evolve into. I think every weapon had a relatively low level cap. Level 5 I think. Research it devs it would make an excellent item sink.

Anyways, I love that Diablo 3 is still getting dev support and I am excited about the future of the mystic. Side bar: (can we make the mystic move a little faster after saving her from the spider queen?).
Reply Quote
Artisans are a great way to provide an interesting gold and item sink for players, and we're working on the features the Mystic will bring to the game in the future. We'll be sure to provide updates about the Mystic when we can, so stay tuned. In the meantime we definitely encourage all of you to keep sharing your feedback on crafting, and we'll continue to pass that info along.

I think crafting should be more of a gold sink than it is now.

one should be able to make what ever they want.
if they want say an ammy with 500 dex let them.
only @ 250 gold per stat per level.. IE 10 dex would be 250+500+750+1000+1250+1500+1750+2000+2250+2500=13500 just for 10 points..
even then when you have an ammy with 2 stats @ 100+ its adding up.. more so if you add dam/crit factors or life steal etc.

also game needs more gems... not just attributes... ones that do other things like crit chace, elemental damage and anything else that's in game thatson items. gems don't HAVE to be picked up.. maybe mixing gems gives different results etc
Reply Quote

Hold on how exactly is artisans a gold sink? marquise gems cannot be sold on the AH, and nothing I make with blacksmith can be sold on anything seeing its all either soul bound or account bound.

the only thing anyone can sink any kind of gold from is radiant star emeralds, and rubies, the other sell for millions but not that much of millions as the emeralds #1 and rubies #2.
Reply Quote
A true gold sink would be % of total funds to updrade an item. If someone has 100billion, 10% of cost to upgrade 1 item would be negligable, but if it made a mempo from 4% to 6% then bound it to account or something.. that would be beast.

Same for a self found player that has 100k, they aren't going to utilize the new service unless %'s apply. I would hate to see a gold sink implemented but not be entirely available to the whole population of players.
Reply Quote
Hold on how exactly is artisans a gold sink? marquise gems cannot be sold on the AH, and nothing I make with blacksmith can be sold on anything seeing its all either soul bound or account bound.
the only thing anyone can sink any kind of gold from is radiant star emeralds, and rubies, the other sell for millions but not that much of millions as the emeralds #1 and rubies #2.
Working as intended. A gold sink is ment to progress you while reducing funds. Marquis gem creation does that while making you play for DE. Perhaps you are misunderstanding a gold sink. If you make something, then turn around and sell it, it IS NOT a gold sink...
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 05:42 PMPosted by pitajr
One question: Will mystic be only in D3X?

shes technically already in the game, she just doesn't show up in town after you save her from the spider queen

Yep thats what I was thinking she was the second artisan after black smith
Reply Quote
A true gold sink would be % of total funds to updrade an item. If someone has 100billion, 10% of cost to upgrade 1 item would be negligable, but if it made a mempo from 4% to 6% then bound it to account or something.. that would be beast.

Same for a self found player that has 100k, they aren't going to utilize the new service unless %'s apply. I would hate to see a gold sink implemented but not be entirely available to the whole population of players.

this wouldn't work as well as you think. I would just have my buddy hold the majority of my gold when i upgraded so it wouldn't cost as much. After crafting was done, I'd just get the gold back from him. Seems like an obvious loop hole.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]