Diablo® III

Why?

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask for a little clarification. Would you like for a very high end weapon to specifically drop, or would it be ok if you obtained one of these weapons through another method? (crafting as an example) Is it the item itself, or the financial wealth that is more appealing to you?*edit* I'm interested in everyone's feedback on this subject, so feel free to chime in even if you're not the op.

Very high end ITEM(not necessarily weapon) to drop

OR

An ITEM that is TRADEABLE for that high end item(perhaps it could take multiple of these to afford the high end item)

OR

An item that could be MADE INTO that high end item, without costing a fortune !(crafting?) And is still tradeable if you find or can make an upgrade later.

Any ONE of these would be fine but ALL of them would be better!
That way a player could over time build "game wealth" without it necessarily having anything to do with REAL wealth!
Reply Quote
Enough farming and lady luck hunting.

Trading should be for fast trackers to reach certain level of game character built.
But gamers who grind out millions of kills and 1000s of hours spent should have avenue to similalry upgrade their characters and reach level byond trading can provde.
Improved crafting and crafting results will be a good start.

We need a good, balanced game NOT a trading game.
Reply Quote
07/30/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Mist3rHyde
You're finding Shakos', Vam gazes, Arrests, etc in D3 right now, except since the AH exists you can now see that everyone is finding the same thing, so what you're finding is not worth much.

I think you are missing the point here.

EVERY HQshako, and vamp gaze, and arreats, in D2 has trade value. Because they are ALL usefull to someone.
And they are not even High End items, more like staple items.

In D3 a "mighty belt" with Int on it, that only a barb can wear, is usefull to noone and has ZERO trade value.
Reply Quote
My Point:
It is damn near imposable to gather enough gold to be able to afford atleast one item worth billion and up by playing the game. With 2 million kills I never found an item that was worth more then 200 million. I refuse to use real money but I do want to own atleast 1 item that is considered elite by getting it legit.

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask for a little clarification. Would you like for a very high end weapon to specifically drop, or would it be ok if you obtained one of these weapons through another method? (crafting as an example) Is it the item itself, or the financial wealth that is more appealing to you?

*edit* I'm interested in everyone's feedback on this subject, so feel free to chime in even if you're not the op.

Financial wealth is sooo important than just obtaining one of the best item in the game. The appeal of owning an item worth billions is much better than say an item worth billions which you can not trade. However, if the item is so rare it will never drop for you. If it does drop, then it probably won't be worth much. So the majority will never reach that point where they own one of the best item in game, and we're just talking about ONE equipment slot.

I feel like Diablo 3 is making us chase the wrong carrot on the stick. The majority is just chasing for that ONE item out of many slots. The correct chase would be that we have already obtained about 50% GODLY gear, and is working for that other 50%, for the ultimate character.

Also, on item customization. I want to point out that I personally like PERFECT items to be obtainable, and affordable. Diablo 2 LOD was one of the best game I've ever played in terms of item customization and it wasn't the developers that did that.

For example, let's look at runewords. Runes were duped in volumes making them easily obtainable, although not dirt cheap. They still had value and became the currency. (This was when I played). Then, these runes can be inserted to a socketed item to 'roll' for the PERFECT runeword item which worth *billions* in term of d3 gold. Sounds familiar isn't it? That's crafting for you ! Only the runeword are SO good every single roll is worth SOMETHING. Like an Enigma cost 3 runes to make and if it was put in an ARCHON which looks ridiculous good the value upped to 4 runes. The socketed armor now determines the value of the Enigma.

So, what I'm trying to say is make Diablo 3 perfect items obtainable and affordable. We have SO many slots to fill, getting SOME perfected items shouldn't be near impossible. Hell, it probably take people 1-3 years to get ONE perfected item. How is that even remotely fun ?
Reply Quote
07/30/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Grimiku
I don't want to sidetrack the conversation to much, but one of the things I'm seeing repeated in this thread (and others) is that the stat range in gear has to wide of a gap. That's one of the specific itemization adjustments that developers have been spending time on, and would influence the item hunt in a positive way.

Can you be a little more specific?

Are six affix items going to still be 6 Random affixes? Each Random affix having a wide range?
This makes the "stat range" on gear Astronomically wide!
Reply Quote
07/30/2013 05:46 PMPosted by Imasock
The problem isn't what I want, it's what I get.

AMEN
Reply Quote
frankly. you should simply split up gears.a) set of boa crafting gearb) set of drop gears = tradablec) set of drop gears = boa

and add:

d - set of tradeable crafted gear.
Reply Quote

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask for a little clarification. Would you like for a very high end weapon to specifically drop, or would it be ok if you obtained one of these weapons through another method? (crafting as an example) Is it the item itself, or the financial wealth that is more appealing to you?

*edit* I'm interested in everyone's feedback on this subject, so feel free to chime in even if you're not the op.

Rewarding players that scale with the time they spent in the game.

Randomness totally takes the fun away.

To give an example, Marvel Heroes is doing this just great. Player feels more powerful as they gain more levels.

In Diablo3, people feels powerful by just equipping that GG end game gear and paragon levels doesn't even matter.
Reply Quote
My Point:
It is damn near imposable to gather enough gold to be able to afford atleast one item worth billion and up by playing the game. With 2 million kills I never found an item that was worth more then 200 million. I refuse to use real money but I do want to own atleast 1 item that is considered elite by getting it legit.

It's like anything else in life, the most rewarding experiences come when you earned them. In a fantasy RPG the best events should be from defeating the BOSSES or Elites for a memorable encounter associated with the loot in some form somehow. "Belial's Lies" for a forked tongue graphic sword maybe etc. At least a higher chance to drop from that boss. Use this to make the digital landscape actually meaningful instead of a swirling slideshow of pixels that no one is going to remember beyond their time/loot ratio.

That said, the time/loot ratio should be reflective of the power of the item...crafted or dropped...with everything REASONABLY attainable. If the odds are so astronomical to put that item out of everyone's reach unless they're running a Chinese bot farm, what's the point of crafting that content for .0001 percent of the population to enjoy? That's what is going on in the current D3 and look how it has backfired.

In order to keep players playing make more viable and interesting skill build + gear so you increase their need to grind laterally among all classes instead of vertically increasing their main's power all the time.
Reply Quote
07/30/2013 10:16 PMPosted by End
Blizzard is all talk. I can't wait to see some actual work.

They have made positive changes, albeit ones that do not bring the game up to a AAA title.

They have removed the director that many feel was central to the poor development of Diablo 3(Wilson).

I'm not sure if they will be able to hit the mark during future patches/expansions, but we can only assume they are trying. A lot of people say that "Blizz got their money and ran" when they speak about Diablo 3. I would say, however, given that they are a studio with a fairly narrow scope on each of their games (wow, diablo, starcraft), I can't help but feel like they must be very concerned with regard to future title releases. They have only 3 titles from almost 2 decades worth of work, and when one of those 3 titles bombs, it creates a big scar...

To respond directly to what you posted (from my previous post): I think the main thing the D3 team needs to focus on is better communication. They need to let us know exactly what they are working on regardless of whether it is going into production. That way the community could give active feedback, and honestly, I think both parties would be comforted through the interaction.

The catch is that if the D3 team IS communicating all of their work to us... then they are not doing very much and we should all cut our losses and walk away... Right now, that seems to be the case and many people have taken that route. I think increased communication will help not only the community, but the development process as a whole.

The D3 team is trying to please us; not investors or higher-ups. If they think they are working to please the investors/higher-ups then they are sorely mistaken and they will be suffering when the game completely dies and none of them make any (future) money. I hope everyone from both sides sees that.

Blizzard is not invincible.
Edited by Stella#1923 on 7/30/2013 10:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
.......................I'm not sure if they will be able to hit the mark during future patches/expansions, but we can only assume they are trying.

A lot of people say that "Blizz got their money and ran" when they speak about Diablo 3

I can't help but feel like they must be very concerned with regard to future title releases.

The D3 team is trying to please us; not investors or higher-ups. .

Yes they ARE trying but only within certain boundaries.

They effectively DID get their money and ran. They did EXACTLY that whether that was their intention or not.

You would think that if they were very concerned with future title releases that they would NOT release the game on console in the state that it is in. And yet they are releasing it.

The D3 team is trying to please us within the framework of pleasing investors and higher-ups.
Reply Quote
The D3 team is trying to please us; not investors or higher-ups. If they think they are working to please the investors/higher-ups then they are sorely mistaken and they will be suffering when the game completely dies and none of them make any (future) money. I hope everyone from both sides sees that.

Blizzard is not invincible.

Problems I see with your statements are:

Bobby K. and his philosophies.

The "Us" that Activision-Blizzard is trying to rake in could easily mean uber-casuals who are happy to pay2win in the cheapest and shallowest excuse for gameplay possible in this man's philosophy. Which feels exactly like what we have with the current D3.

On the flip side, he has also said he's not interested in one-hit wonders but rather massive franchises that they can remake every year just like COD so it's unlikely D3 is abandoned.

Posted by End
Blizzard is all talk. I can't wait to see some actual work.

Personally I wonder if the lack of activity had something to do with the impending Vivendi dividend squeeze that turned into the Bobby K buyout. Maybe there was a void in leadership when the whole future of the company looked unclear. We're seeing a wave of blue posters recently right after the buyout...could be coincidental but you don't know the effect on mood news like that has on everyone internally.
Edited by Otaking#1972 on 7/30/2013 11:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

The feeling after playing many, many hours and not finding anything USEFUL is a big turn down, I do not mean to be rude but noone want to be wasting their time. If you (blizzard) decide to increase gold drop rate it will never be OK, because the prices in AH will be increasing at the same time (inflation). I think the solution is related to promote trading beetwen comunity instead of purchasing items.

If you look at the "good items" the only common thing that matters is the effect in DPS, the higher DPS result the better. The current design allow random rolls with low range stat, items become useless all the time (as example objects meant for wizards but with strength or dexterity or very low intelligence, etc).

Is a good idea to put requierements to wear objects different than character level, It is not logical to have wizards or killing mobs with bigger sword or double handed axe like the barbarian, where is the minimum strengt or dexterity requirements in objects?

I would like to see in loot 2.0 incorporation of charms or runes in order to compensate useless properties in items (if those cannot be fixed at all), and ways to recycle them
Reply Quote
07/30/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Cepitore

I have several hundred hours of gameplay put in, and the best item I've ever found sold for 40mil. I am at the point now where my gear is just good enough so that I will likely never get something to drop that is better than what I have, and I can not afford to buy an upgrade off the AH unless I spend real cash, or spend another several hundred hours farming gold (to afford one piece of gear "worth" a billion gold.)
This dilemma makes me feel like there really isn't any reason to continue playing the game.

who cares about financial wealth in itself? The only reason currency exists in this game is to turn it into gear...
as for whether it matters if gear is obtained through crafting or drops, crafting is STILL governed by financial wealth. Gear dropping from an enemy is the only way to get it that is not tied to having money, and the drop rates on *decent* legendaries are so horrid that playing this game at all gives a feeling of desparity for those who will NOT use the RMAH.

I don't mean to be rude, but I often find items that could easily replace most items on your monk. In fact, a few of your items look like brimstones to me. Just saying...
Edited by Darkul#1370 on 7/30/2013 11:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't want to sidetrack the conversation to much, but one of the things I'm seeing repeated in this thread (and others) is that the stat range in gear has to wide of a gap. That's one of the specific itemization adjustments that developers have been spending time on, and would influence the item hunt in a positive way.

hmm.. too objective.. what have you actually seen? What are the not so specific itemization adjustments? Do you actually know? Considering how small the forums are now it cant just be another hype machine? Make a pair of legendary boots that increase the run/walk speed cap up to 75% and allow you to walk through walls. Give us a map editor so we can customize maps like in the old SC days.

Edit: That last sentence made me feel like mel gibson in braveheart. Give us freedom or give us death!!!!
Edited by Chopu#1897 on 7/30/2013 11:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^ You smoking dope? Blizz already has to work it's tail off to keep the game balanced and minimize exploits from all the greedy, intuitive assbaggery that takes place. Giving us a "map editor" and allowing us to "walk through walls" would create so many unforeseeable possibilities that it would just be total chaos. Blizz has it's hands full as it is - they don't need to create a nightmare situation that would be impossible to regulate.

Think about what you write, people.
Edited by Darkul#1370 on 7/30/2013 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I see I see. You are one of those people that take everything into a concrete manner without having the mental capacity to see the idea of words written. So I will spell it out for you. The loot hunt is boring. Item hunting is when the player introspects on life because there is not much thinking involved.. Magic Finding in itself is like driving a car from point A to B.. there is no B!!! just making the "traffic" (making the range on certain affixes) less will not change the game. there needs to be some outside the box thinking.

Edit: the fastest destination from a to b is a straight line. making walking through walls available will make the bigger problem that much more obvious.
Edited by Chopu#1897 on 7/31/2013 12:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok, braveheart. Just from now on, don't make suggestions that you yourself recognize as amplifying existing problems, m'kay?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]