Diablo® III

Why?

I actually like how the drops are at the moment.

I don't want to be showered in awesome loot and the few awesome items I find make up for the crap loot because they're still worth vendoring... except white items... wtf is up with white items?

I don't want to be showered either, but I'd at least like the shower to have a pipe connected to it.
Reply Quote
Get rid of the RMAH or drastically lower the cap and cap the GAH. Or make personal caps. Restrict the personal hording of gold. We seem to have a top 1% thing going on in the game. There ARE good items out there, they have to come from somewhere. Just seems silly to me that where my barb is now for instance, I can only upgrade by spending over a billion gold. Being legit I don't think Ill ever have that much gold unless I buy gold OR start playing AH flipping, and well I'd rather play the game.
As mentioned above , it would be nice if class specific gear rolled class specific stats. Stones rolling no dex but full int is silly. Mighty weaps rolling int and not str silly. Source/mojo rolling str and dex with no int......and so on. They should all roll a main stat with the rest randomized at least. A transmog or upgrade system would be nice too. Upgrade and make an item boa.

Enable gear searching for crafted items. A ring for example, you can right click and look for similar but crafted gear you cant. Just simply make it unsellable, not "red" it out so you cant even compare.

Make some gear better but also make sense, I never understood why lacuni prowlers weren't exclusive to lacunis dropping them. Also maybe some bosses could have a drop chance like the key wardens. You need 5 stacks blahblahblah to have a chance even of XX item dropping off azmodan. he tosses fireballs so why not a wiz item that ups some dmg for meteor or disintegrate etc? Skele king to drop some "kings" gear? What Im saying is, instead of everyone just farming the most dense spots, give people a reason to hit certain areas for certain things. Remember ALL the countless runs in D2 to get a specific piece?
Reply Quote
View profile
I actually like how the drops are at the moment.

I don't want to be showered in awesome loot and the few awesome items I find make up for the crap loot because they're still worth vendoring... except white items... wtf is up with white items?

I don't want to be showered either, but I'd at least like the shower to have a pipe connected to it.

agree. if the drops we got were better then they could decrease the drop rates for rares.

if the drops were actually better too then it would give a feeling of satisfaction when you see even a rare drop. as it is now though all you can feel is disappointment as you go through hundreds of items without finding an upgrade or something that really sells well.
Reply Quote
Grimiku, if you create a diverce character progress system so our progression isn't tied so heavily to items then it will be much easier to deal with the itemization...
Ppl wont rely so much on the perfect drop to make a good character..
Make the game about the characters, not the items

And yes the difference on two of the same legs are way to wide... But if you make a different skill system then you won't have to rely on 2000 hours of grinding to keep ppl playing... Then we can make many builds instead..
Just my thought
Reply Quote

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask for a little clarification. Would you like for a very high end weapon to specifically drop, or would it be ok if you obtained one of these weapons through another method? (crafting as an example) Is it the item itself, or the financial wealth that is more appealing to you?

*edit* I'm interested in everyone's feedback on this subject, so feel free to chime in even if you're not the op.

For me (and I assume causal players), the gold inflation essentially makes it impossible to do anything but self found. I have 550,000 kills, 22,000 elite kills. I have never sold anything on the GAH for more than 10 million gold. I've never had more than 50 million in my bank.

While I do enjoy the rng aspect, and I certainly don't want things handed out on a silver platter (elite gear should be elite gear...period), I'm pretty sure than any upgrade I get from now on will have to be found by myself. Given the fact that a player can farm 1000 hours before getting a weapon better than the ones I have now, I doubt my Monk will ever improve from this day forward.

Duck states it pretty simply. You simply cannot acquire the amount of the gold through legit means to buy an item costing 2 billion.

Frankly 2 billion was waaaaaaaaay to high to start with. I've played for a year at just about a 1000 hours and I've only picked up like 150 million gold and probably vendored for another 200 million. So there is the legit amount of an item.

The problem in a round about sort of way is people are willing to pay anything for particular items, and this isn't necessarily bad, but it is when there are no top end limits because it feeds into the devalue of gold. How so? say wha? The fact is people ask for more gold for an item and people are willing to pay anything to get it, so in comes the credit card and massive amounts of gold are brought into the game thus devaluing gold.
Reply Quote
@Grimiku@Blizzard

Hi,

Im honored that you responded and will be happy to clarify what I meant or mean.

I'll be honest of course the wealth factor that one of these items gives one is nice but I really am not after how wealthy I can become after finding an item considered to be a hitting the lottery type roll. Im after being rewarded at some point or another and finding one of these items my self after investing so much time farming this game. After 2,000,000 kills I have yet to find one and it seems like its near imposable to find one. The feeling you get finding one your self is not the same at all by crafting it or buying it from the auction house. Still the only way I can get one of these items is threw the auction house and it seems like im forced to use real money because its near imposable to gather so much gold to buy one. Im a long time veteran of the diablo franchise and what kept me playing mostly was farming for top end items and finding them my self instead of trading for them or buying them from other gamers. In diablo 2 there was no RMAH and it seems like it was easier to find one of these items because of the factor that you couldn't sell it for real money and It seems like that's the reason they are imposable to find. This is why most of these items are being duped.

Finding it in the end means a lot more and is a lot more rewarding then buying it from the Auction house or trading for it. Either way its near imposable for a legit gamer such as my self who doesn't use real money to get one because I just am not able to generate such large amounts of gold. Progressing your hero in this game is what everyone is trying to go after but when you reach a certain point of course it will take time to upgrade something and progress but when you go months without doing so it gets old real fast and it seems like im forced to use real money in the end to finally upgrade something or it will take numerous months to do so by slowly generating gold from game play and selling what you find which im ok with but I still prefer to find this item my self for my hero because its a lot more rewarding.

I play Diablo games to have fun by hacking and slashing monsters down in order to find powerful majestic items and my agenda never was or will be to make money of this game but only to collect top end items and be rewarded by finding it the most pure legit way from monsters dropping it for me at some point or another from the game play and the amount of time I invested farming diablo3. 90% of the items I use on my characters are all from the Auction house that I have bought from with the gold I generated playing this game and the 10% I have crafted and none of them I have found my self.

Again, thank you grimiku@Blizzard for replying to this thread, I am a true .-~* Diablo Franchise Fan *~-. and im looking forward to diablo3 reaching its full potential with the expansion pack.

-NeLLy
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 7/31/2013 9:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's like this for me:

After you have beaten all of the difficulties, what is the point in playing the game? To find better items, right? If you can never find the better items playing the game, what is the point in playing the game? Sure, you can craft a better item, or buy one from the AH, but what is the point in having that item, if there is no point in playing the game? Is it fun to have an awesome character, who has no game to play? It's like guys who work out all the time, tan, buy new clothes, buy nice cars, houses etc. to pick up women. If there were no women, what would be the point in doing those things?
Reply Quote
It's like guys who work out all the time, tan, buy new clothes, buy nice cars, houses etc. to pick up women. If there were no women, what would be the point in doing those things?

Self esteem? happiness? achieving goals? lol :P omg if there were no women omg... the thought of that is scaring me hahaha

anyway

I see your point.
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 7/31/2013 9:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
to pick up women.... to pick up women.... to pick up women... guys who do this to pick up women...

Reading comprehension guy..
Reply Quote
@KerryB

I go to the gym and train my self a lot lately and my main reason is to stay fit and healthy and have good self esteem about my self because it gives one confidence and a person with confidence is imposable to be stopped.
Reply Quote
You are not the guy I was talking about in my analogy..
Reply Quote
Don't need to convince anyone here if you are confident or not. Stay on topic
Reply Quote
07/31/2013 07:39 AMPosted by AxeLord

Fair enough.

If they increase drop quality, reduce drop rates and increase vendor value, then I'd be good.
Reply Quote
Its obvious the huge gap between top end items and the most random items people find is to big and needs fixing which they are working on already. I also believe that they need to reduce the amount of rares that drop because is it really considered a rare if it drops so much? To me its not and there for they need to increase gold value when sold to vendor and give more materials for breaking rares down and reduce the amount of them that drop and increase the chance of finding good rares due to them dropping less.
Reply Quote
07/30/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Grimiku
I don't want to sidetrack the conversation to much, but one of the things I'm seeing repeated in this thread (and others) is that the stat range in gear has to wide of a gap. That's one of the specific itemization adjustments that developers have been spending time on, and would influence the item hunt in a positive way.

So instead of the usual trash drops we will get more mediocre drops?? Wonderful solution. Obviously a necessary component of the adjustment would be not only narrowing the range but also shifting the entire range upwards.

D3 has the worst itemization of any loot hunt game in the history of gaming. That's why many, if not most, players believe it was designed to push players into using the RMAH. Such an itemization is easy to improve. (Perhaps if the itemization had been a little more rewarding there would have remained a bigger player base with a constant inflow of new players so that some of the typical drops could be sold to low level players on the GAH.) The issue is how great of an improvement are we going to get. Big enough so that the player who does not use the RMAH can, if he grinds 1,000 hours can get at least one hi-tier item of the quality that usually can only be bought on the RMAH or which in the past sold for billion++ on the gold AH?

I have played over 2,000 hours and have gotten only two drops that I was able to sell for enough to buy a meaningful upgrade for my character.One for 80 Mil and the other for 400Mil at a time when those amounts still meant something. Luckily I started day 1. At that time it was possible to farm for a reasonable period of time and thereby get enough gold to buy a decent item.
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 7/31/2013 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The problem in my humble opinion is this...

1) The AH made it way too easy to find very good gear with just a click.
2) People that bot/multibox (or just extremely devoted players) find far more really good gear than they can use.
3) There is no diversity in BIS items.

Put those three together and you essentially get a game where farming doesn't make sense. This is why there were jokes that this game should be called Auction House Tycoon.

If after buying an entire set of gear for 1M gold, it takes the average player 100 hours to even find a gear they can use, that doesn't make sense.

1M gold = ~ $0.02
100 hours at minimum wage = ~ $800.00

So... I can play for 500 hours, looking for a Mempo to drop, then hope it has CC (maybe a 5% chance? not sure...) or go flip burgers for a day at McDonalds and have a Godly character.
Reply Quote
Comparison destroys contentment.

Without responding immediately, meditate on that thought for a moment.
Reply Quote
If you don't mind, I'd like to ask for a little clarification. Would you like for a very high end weapon to specifically drop, or would it be ok if you obtained one of these weapons through another method? (crafting as an example) Is it the item itself, or the financial wealth that is more appealing to you?*edit* I'm interested in everyone's feedback on this subject, so feel free to chime in even if you're not the op.

Yes, high end weapons/armor need to drop (all legendaries/sets should have fixed stats with rolls on those stats, not 100% complete RNG) crafting is just as broken as items, why waste resources crafting when the outcome on a mojo grants dexterity etc.. AH tycoon isn't for everyone, I'll sell duplicate jeweler plans that's about it. Call me old fashion but I preferred bartering for items/runes at least is was more interactive with people and you could play the game whilst you waited for someone to join game. {lastly if what I understand you are going to make items better in 1.09, yet kill the drop rate, what good are you doing?? you will be nullifying yourself. Current system you stand little to no chance of finding item and it rolling good, new system you stand little to no chance of ever finding said item.......think zod rune.}
Reply Quote
Comparison destroys contentment.

Without responding immediately, meditate on that thought for a moment.

I am by nature a very competitive person and I am not in pursuit of contentment. I want to have a character that is considered very good. I believe this is the point of Diablo, to make your character the best that it can be.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]